Sponsored by:

car jacking again in the papers!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2002, 12:45 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Unhappy

Mail on Sunday today!! 4 in one night!!! GUNS - BREAKING in to houses! stolen MY01's etc

NOTTM Evening post (yesrtedays copy) Audi TT stolen off a guy in The Park area of Nottm...HiJacked him having already 'HiJACKED' a Evo 6 from the same area!!

wots the best way to deter someone doing it to your car??
I THINK i've been luck with mine!! but it makes me wonder if all the STICKERS and NAME STICKERs on the side put ppl off from taking the car cus you'd spot it so easily....where as theres loads of MY99-00 etc DBM / MY01 sonic blues about that all look the same!!

theifs don't want to draw too much attention to themself when driving a stolen car about...or do they???

sad time, but i take it its rare and in the papers so much cus there such 'ONE OFF'S)???

Phil
Old 10 March 2002, 03:02 PM
RVeiga
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Got a letter from the local police about it.

Not wanting to alarm U, but don't leave keys in view etc.

F*&% that, if someone points a gun at me they can have the bloody thing!
Old 10 March 2002, 03:54 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Yeah read the thingy in the Mail on Sunday.Just what is this country coming to??????
The b@stards that steal cars using guns should be locked up,and the keys thrown away.I'm paranoid at the moment especially with all the recent goings on..........

Let's hope they catch the tw@ts!!!!!!!

Nick..
Old 10 March 2002, 08:39 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

I've also had a letter from my local Police advising extra security etc.

This is worrying.....

Old 10 March 2002, 08:49 PM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

Guys
don't panic according to the picture caption it is a "Sabaru Imprezas" which was stolen and crashed.

Also another one taken was a 4 year old worth approximately £22 grand.

Seriously though, I hope they catch the scumbags.
Old 10 March 2002, 08:56 PM
Christmas
Scooby Regular

Question

I ready the Mail on Sunday thing too, and did notice some funny bits of journalistic licence in a great bit of sensationalist scaremongery.
Quote - 'four year old red Impreza worth £22,000', it wouldn't have cost that new.
'Metallic blue two-litre Impreza worth £ 25,000', P1 or UK300?
' BMW M3 Coupe, another £20,000+ car', surely a £40k car?
It does pi55 me of when journalists feel the need to sensationalize stories, even when the basic facts are enough to give most people the *******.
Old 10 March 2002, 09:38 PM
MrData
Scooby Regular

Talking

Easy solution guys.

Leave a mobile phone in the car. Then, if they nick the car, the penalty for taking the phone is higher than taking the car

On a serious note, leave your keys in view if someone comes thru your front door. If they've got the front to bash your door in for a car, then they are serioulsy crazy people and you don't want to get in their way. At the end of the day, it's a peice of metal and worth nothing compared to yours or your family's safety.

Regards
Kurt
Old 10 March 2002, 09:56 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
should we have 'key hooks' on the utility wall with little lables on saying Subaru Impreza...BMW...Evo????

Phil
Old 10 March 2002, 10:20 PM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens
Made me think about mine... what would I do if someone broke into the house? Don't know, and I hope I don't find out. On the plus side, I have two doors they'd have to get through (front porch and the door behind that, both get locked at night. And the car is parked off road, although it's now in view from the road ever since the door on the front of the car port got blown off in the recent high winds.
I've also started locking the doors when driving around. Am I being paranoid? I don't think so now.
Old 10 March 2002, 10:45 PM
stavros
Scooby Regular

guys you know what.......
remember the photoshoped picture of the camouphlaged subaru with the soldier on top with a machine gun....thats what you should do..... kill the m****rf****rs..thats what i was going to do...no one its taking my baby away from me...
or an easy solution fit a tracker onto the car....

p.s a wish: i hope they burn in hell

[Edited by stavros - 3/10/2002 10:48:40 PM]

[Edited by stavros - 3/10/2002 10:49:34 PM]
Old 10 March 2002, 11:22 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

I'm with Kurt on this one, a change in sentencing is required. Some hope.

I also love this self perpetuating concept of leaving the keys on the hall table. Any chancer with half a brian cell will soon conclude that the Scooby owner should be their target. Why make things difficult, try a Merc or a Beamer and the keys may be in a handbag or trouser pocket!

Why not leave the keys in the ignition, then you'll only need to fill in one claim form as the front door will still be intact!

Please take me key fobs anyone?
Old 10 March 2002, 11:34 PM
BaldyMan
Scooby Regular

Cool

I'm with stavros "kill the ***** f*ckers" and drive off with a big grin on your face

Comes to sumthin when you can't even have a drive about or good nights sleep - without some f*ckers puttin a gun up to your heeeeed
Old 10 March 2002, 11:48 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Angry

Banshi

Agree with the harsher sentencing, but the day that happens will be the day that pink pigs fly gracefully through the air [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I hate the way they are highlighting the Impreza too, other cars are stolen not just the scoobs!!!!!! The media is making the Subarus look even better targets

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MEDIA [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

This coutry really is in a state. A very poor (in terms of service), spineless justice system, likewise with the police. It is about time the people stood up and refused to tolerate this anymore.

People being terrorised and killed, families in constant danger, house and car insurance rising, speeders targetted as a priority compared to attackes on people!!!!!! FFS!
Old 11 March 2002, 12:09 AM
stavros
Scooby Regular

is the f*****g systems fault(pardon my french)........why we dont have that sh*t in cyprus? cos if we spot anything we take the matter very very very personally.....
this shouldnt pass...the police and the laws should be more strict regarding matters like that.....
what if someone stood in front of a gun and got shot.....it will be too late for the police to do anything....and the next days headlines will be '' A FAMILY MAN TRYING TO PROTECT HIS OWN FAMILY AND PROPERTY GOT SHOT''....and the next day everyone will forget about it.....do something yourselves....fit a tracker onto the car...and get the b@stards
Old 11 March 2002, 12:23 AM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

Angry

better still,get a shotgun!(2 can play that game)
if someone breaks in to my house and asks for my keys they WILL get a nasty shock.
(both barrels worth)
probably go to jail for it but hey, they wont get MY car!!!
Old 11 March 2002, 12:33 AM
stavros
Scooby Regular

thats the attitude you should have......not like the other guy in tha sunday mail that said he is going to sell his impreza and not buy another one again....i wouldnt let a bunch of THIEFS...NOBODIES....WORMS.....LOW LIFE BAST***S.......USELESS....to ruin my life cos they woke up one day and said lets go and steal some imprezas......imprezas are cars for those who appreciate what they are and not for scambags
sorry for my language but i am really pi$$ed off
Old 11 March 2002, 08:41 AM
Mike Burton
Scooby Regular

My mother is just about to become a JP. So last night while I was around there, I mentioned the *crap* state of this country.

I said I hope your going to be sensible when I, or anyone else for that matter, stands up in front of you having been caught doing >100mph down the deserted motorway in the middle of the night.

"hands are tied" is what she said.

So I said, so if I do over 100mph down the motorway and get banned we get a nice cascade of events:

1) I loose my job
2) I loose my income
3) I stop paying tax
4) I stop paying NI
5) I loose my house
6) I may loose my family
7) I turn to a life of crime to get money (worst case)

But if Im already an established criminal, living off the state, I can own a un-roadworthy car, not have insurance, no MOT, no insurance, and when I get caught, not worry about it, because Im a victim of society so I get to pay a fine of £80 over 5 years (interest free) and maybe do a bit of community service.

I can't comment on what she said to that

She did say this this: (it came up during the training)

If you deal canabis in this country, you would now get a bigger fine + possible jail sentence for selling it in lbs and ounces than you would for actually selling the canabis.

Says it all really

So if your into dealing drugs, make sure you sell it in metric measurements

Sorry for the ramblings....

--
Mike
Old 11 March 2002, 02:12 PM
juan
Scooby Regular

The CPS seems to be the major problem, along with the govt, and not building additional prisons. The judges are told to try to avoid sending all but the worst offenders to prison hence the stupid sentences etc (because prisons are hitting maximum occupancy already). Imagine how the cops must feel!

Takes the absolute p!$$. This govt is shocking. The problem is there doesn't seem to be much of an alternative. Reckon I might vote yellow for the first time next time round. Giv ethem a chance. Sick to the back teeth of the two big parties. This country is in a shocking state and its all sleaze sleaze spin spin from the big two. Its a disgrace.

Anyone want a second hand soap box? :-)

[Edited by juan - 3/11/2002 2:13:04 PM]

[Edited by juan - 3/11/2002 2:15:10 PM]
Old 11 March 2002, 03:08 PM
cheeseboy
Scooby Regular

So guys... After having the same conversation about break and enters, jackings etc. What if any REAL solutions are there? Surely someone out there knows a lawyer, who would know a bit about self defence issues, and protecting our piece of the world??? I remember someone saying once that if some crook breaks into your house, that you are able to hit them back (using such things as a frying pan etc, but not a baseball bat etc.) again not sure of the reality of this - and hope not to find out. But surely someone may know. Other than that, just letting the little buggers have our keys, and thrash our cars to pieces, not only makes us mad (well furious), but also increases our premiums (which are high enough). It is funny though, that here in germany (well munich at least) things like this are not so common. I mean my neighbourhood is riddled with mercs, bmw and porche. Scoobs don´t get that much attention (granted not many around), but I am yet to see a club lock on any car, or wheel lock nuts (to protect those all so expensive rims we find so attractive ). Long story short - anyone have any real solutions??? We need to sort this, and perhaps a loop hole exists somewhere, just gotto find it

Neal