Sponsored by:

Bug Eye To Hawk Eye Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2009, 01:57 PM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bug Eye To Hawk Eye Conversion?

I currently have a white WRX bugeye. Really happy with the performance and running costs and I am getting which is great as I have bought a new house and managed to keep the car. Pretty happy about this.

However I absolutely love the look of the hawk eye. I have not got the money to even consider buying a hawkeye and with the house probably won't have for at least two or three years.

I have seen a few add's stating you can change a bugeye front end into a hawk eye.

Is this true. Also would they be using genuine parts etc because I would try and source all the parts myself for this going to breakers. I am sure it cannot be that difficult to do. Unfortunately there are always scoobies finding there way to breakers.

Has anyone done this and what sort of job did you get. I don't want to get a crap look.

Cheers
Old 13 August 2009, 02:00 PM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

It can be done mate, someone on here did it to a bugeye i think, or a blobeye. i will try find the post for you, and send you a link.
Old 13 August 2009, 02:02 PM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

Found it mate, have a butchers.. https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...7-hawkeye.html

Looks like a pritty hard job to me, i would stay well clear. but it defo looks the part once finished!
Old 13 August 2009, 04:33 PM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

cheers mate, really appreciate your help. By the looks the whole engine conversion would be a nightmare. But the replacement of bumper, bonnet and side panels does not look to difficult. I am deffinately going to price this up. Can live with the back end but even that looks easier enough to convert. off to the breakers we go. If I go ahead with this I will post this on here.
Old 13 August 2009, 10:53 PM
mik
Scooby Regular

If you're bonkers enough to go ahead, I have a pair of unmarked Hawkeye headlights - complete with all bulbs (they are WRX units so proper HID) if you are interested?

Edit : forgot to say - can send you pics if you want.
Old 14 August 2009, 01:10 AM
D.O.M
Scooby Regular

Definetly possible...
Check out Chargespeed's website mate:
CHARGESPEED

The pics are useful and show you exactly what you'll need, also they can supply everything to save you hassle of finding all the bits yourself.

The rear-end is more straight forward... the hawkeye tail lights will fit straight on to your rear as it were now without mods, but for a better fit I would suggest getting either a blob or hawkeye rear bumper.

To complete the look you'll need to fit the twisted sideskirts, and maybe the STi mini spoiler.

Last edited by D.O.M; 14 August 2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 14 August 2009, 08:42 AM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the offer, I will let you know. I am going to have a look at the weekend around a few breakers. Found a company that will do the lot for 3k with all genuine parts and painting. Does not seem bad but I will get a price to how much it would be if I source direct my a breakers.

Whilst this does not look one of the most straight forward projects to undertook. I have had the bump wings and lights out on many occasions so The only problem I can really see is with the lights/wiring looms etc. Once the wings are on the bumper should fit straight on. May even pay to sort the lights out once I have sorted the rest out.
Old 14 August 2009, 08:48 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speak to Darren @ ABW he's donew them before and if i remember properly has the parts in stock to carry the conversion out