Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some People Just Don't Take Advice...

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2009, 11:27 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Some People Just Don't Take Advice...

Driving back down the M6 last night between Birm & Coventry I saw a little Clio stomping along about 90/95. Sure enough about 100m behind there was a silver 5 series BMW & I thought that had to be the police.

Surprise when 1/2 mile up the hill, blues n twos and Clio heads to the inside lane. BM pulls alongside and then drives off and slows down.

I'm doing 70 on the nose and catch up the Clio and then the BM, which I proceed to go past. Eventually Clio does as well. Obviously Clio is keeping tabs on the police car and eventually seeing it miles behind, edges past me. A motorbike comes past doing 85 & Clio obviously reckons that the police have gone, so speeds up again.

Two minutes later, guess what? Silver 5 series BM storms past me, pulls up behind the speeding Clio and pulls it, this time properly.

She got off once, she wasn't getting off that time....
Old 13 August 2009, 11:47 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They may have been doing an insurance check also, something may have flagged up that they wanted to "talk" to her about

Edited to correct... after re-reading your post it seams yes, she got a finger waving warning..then the full force of HM services LOL

Last edited by scooby L; 13 August 2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 13 August 2009, 11:48 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

the world needs people like this -- it clears the road (literally) for the rest of us
Old 13 August 2009, 11:56 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!

little Clio

90/95

She
Pretty much sums up this staggering poor judgement from young girls in little cars. It worries me that on any journey including a motorway I will always see a small car going far far too fast with a young girl behind the wheel. I'm not knocking females per se' but they have no idea that if theres any iota of an emergency they are stuffed. These little cars can't cope with high speed driving combined with high speed manouvering and stopping.

Frightens me to death being a father to a daughter.
Old 13 August 2009, 12:59 PM
scooby546
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Pretty much sums up this staggering poor judgement from young girls in little cars. It worries me that on any journey including a motorway I will always see a small car going far far too fast with a young girl behind the wheel. I'm not knocking females per se' but they have no idea that if theres any iota of an emergency they are stuffed. These little cars can't cope with high speed driving combined with high speed manouvering and stopping.

Frightens me to death being a father to a daughter.
+1

A properly maintained scoob (or other high performance car) is safer at 80mph+ than a lot of other cars at 70mph, based on the performance capabilities (brakes, handling etc), as they are still well within their performance envelope - small cars like the Clio mentioned above (or the old fiat uno I used to have) are nearing their limits for safe handling at anything over motorway speeds IMHO
Old 13 August 2009, 01:40 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby546
+1

A properly maintained scoob (or other high performance car) is safer at 80mph+ than a lot of other cars at 70mph, based on the performance capabilities (brakes, handling etc), as they are still well within their performance envelope - small cars like the Clio mentioned above (or the old fiat uno I used to have) are nearing their limits for safe handling at anything over motorway speeds IMHO
I tend to agree on this also.

In my old Scoob I felt pretty safe and relaxed pootling on the motonway @ about 75-80. Crosswinds etc were not an issue and generally felt very planted. But in my little 205, I very rarely go over 65 as being a much smaller car (albeit beeter handling than a Scoob and with big brakes), the lightness of it feels skittish and it does make me nervous when there are open fields on either side.

But you get your invincible "cru", usually a young mum/receptionist/fat pig type, head pressed onto the windscreen, blinkers on, never indicates, up someones **** in the fastlane, maxing out their little euro sh1tbox in 5th gear Accident waiting to happen imho.
Old 13 August 2009, 01:52 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
fat pig type, head pressed onto the windscreen
Why do fat women drive so close to the windscreen? I've never understood that. Fat blokes don't. They tend to drive with the seat tilted right back.

Fat woman, small car, smoking or noshing a pasty - nothing worse IMO.

We were having a high mirth moment a few days ago, theres a girl bombing round the town in a newish ford KA convertible. Shes so fat she has to drive like a trucky and have one arm over the door frame. Shes a big girl all over so her hair (Vicky Pollard style) sticks out over the windscreen so her head must rub on the roof when its up.

She thinks she proper on it in this little car but its flippin hilarious.
Old 13 August 2009, 02:03 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EddScott
theres a girl bombing round the town in a newish ford KA convertible. Shes so fat she has to drive like a trucky and have one arm over the door frame. Shes a big girl all over so her hair (Vicky Pollard style) sticks out over the windscreen so her head must rub on the roof when its up.

She thinks she proper on it in this little car but its flippin hilarious.

Bit rude to talk about your wife like that

Old 13 August 2009, 02:07 PM
fastmike
Scooby Regular

you had the time at 70 MPH to judge her age lmao

undue care and attention anyone?
Old 13 August 2009, 03:37 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I never said anything about her age LOL

But a quick glance left when passing her at 1 or 2 mph difference and yes, I could tell she was a woman.

Besides, observation is part of driving
Old 13 August 2009, 03:41 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Besides, observation is part of driving
agreed -- its the in car w4nking that really gets my goat