Sponsored by:

road rage incident by a mondeo man

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2009, 06:04 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default road rage incident by a mondeo man

on my way home from work this afternoon at a roundabout turning right lights changed and this idiot tried tu get passed me on the inside in which he didnt tdci he then followed me waving is arms out off the window beeping his horn making himself look a right **** he proceeded tu follow me for over 2 miles doing this so took him on some road with speed bumps and he soon slowed down but carried on then i duly took him too the local nick which then he flew off not a nice experience he shoudnt be on the road with behaviour like that
Old 11 August 2009, 06:33 PM
scooby546
Scooby Regular

Yeah, sounds like a tw@t - if he was really in a hurry then he would have carried on going instead of following you and making an jackass of himself. Maybe should introduce some on-the-road anger management tests as part of the driving test these days. Local nick was a good idea though mate, you never know what these nutters are capable of
Old 11 August 2009, 06:39 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby546
Yeah, sounds like a tw@t - if he was really in a hurry then he would have carried on going instead of following you and making an jackass of himself. Maybe should introduce some on-the-road anger management tests as part of the driving test these days. Local nick was a good idea though mate, you never know what these nutters are capable of
it wasnt a chav either he was suited and booted the little dick not seen behaviour like that before must because i got a scoob
Old 11 August 2009, 06:41 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

funny u say this... i have 3 or 4 times had tw@ts like this behind me wanting to race and coz i slow down they get the hump. car there in... a mondeo!!

im seeing a pattern here!

good idea with the local nick tho.... better than getting nicked ya self for jumping out and beating the **** out of em!
Old 11 August 2009, 06:42 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

i own a Mondeo, we dont all drive like this

sounds like you have had a run in with the village idiot
Old 11 August 2009, 06:42 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Pull over and let them past mate. Not worth the waste in fuel.
Old 11 August 2009, 06:44 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I get it all the time in South London, had a old bloke in a porche cut me up, so i used my horn and he kept on slamming his brakes on and started throwing things out his windows into the road behind, he then saw the lights go red in front and blasted through them as he knew i'd pull up by his side
Old 11 August 2009, 07:03 PM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"it wasnt a chav either he was suited and booted the little dick not seen behaviour like that before must because i got a scoob"

This is a definite type of person rather than a car (although they do tend to occupy VAG vehicles?) - I get them round here too. Busy, yet deeply unrewarding worklife. ****ty pay, kids bawling, wife miserable, targets are tight . . . any little chance to give themselves a 'one up on the world' type feeling. You can see them coming a mile off. Scoobs make good target for kno@ cheese like this. You did right - it's very easy to get caught up in the moment. Just sit back and see them for the sad **** they are.
Old 11 August 2009, 07:17 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sprigeteer
"it wasnt a chav either he was suited and booted the little dick not seen behaviour like that before must because i got a scoob"

This is a definite type of person rather than a car (although they do tend to occupy VAG vehicles?) - I get them round here too. Busy, yet deeply unrewarding worklife. ****ty pay, kids bawling, wife miserable, targets are tight . . . any little chance to give themselves a 'one up on the world' type feeling. You can see them coming a mile off. Scoobs make good target for kno@ cheese like this. You did right - it's very easy to get caught up in the moment. Just sit back and see them for the sad **** they are.
totally agree with you
Old 11 August 2009, 07:46 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nick schofield
it wasnt a chav either he was suited and booted the little dick not seen behaviour like that before must because i got a scoob
must have been on the way home from court after getting off on technicality for other offences I wouldnt mind betting lol
Old 11 August 2009, 08:27 PM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

I always get this around Sheffield. When I am driving home people almost expect you to speed when I am in my scoob. A guy in a van was all over my backend the other week on the motorway bearing in mind it was down to 50 anyway with the specs. So he was going now where.

As I did not speed up, he eventually get to the side of me and starting flagging me off.

Makes me laugh. People need to realise that just because you have a scooby you may just have kids in the car, which really does my head in.
Old 11 August 2009, 08:55 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

I had a similar thing happen to me once so I drove him to the local cop shop as well....he tried to make his escape but the police officer flagged him down. I explained that this idiot had been chasing me for miles after he got road rage but because I was young looking (27ish at the time) driving a VR6 Golf and the guy chasing me was a middle aged man in a Mondeo they seemed to take whatever lies he told them over my obviously slightly panicked truthfullness. Really pi**ed me off. Just treated me like a boy racer (which I wasn't) and I'm sure a lot of them think that about us Subaru owner's now unfortunately.
Old 11 August 2009, 09:07 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GMballistic
I had a similar thing happen to me once so I drove him to the local cop shop as well....he tried to make his escape but the police officer flagged him down. I explained that this idiot had been chasing me for miles after he got road rage but because I was young looking (27ish at the time) driving a VR6 Golf and the guy chasing me was a middle aged man in a Mondeo they seemed to take whatever lies he told them over my obviously slightly panicked truthfullness. Really pi**ed me off. Just treated me like a boy racer (which I wasn't) and I'm sure a lot of them think that about us Subaru owner's now unfortunately.
exactly im in my 40s but still think the old bill would take his side because off the car years ago in my truck young lad opened his door on me i ripped it off he jumps out off car drags me out off truck rips my shirt off my back big struggle i get bk in my truck lock doors i phone police he comes at the truck with a peice off wood starts smacking the cab with it police arrive i get cautioned for swearing at him they used the pc brigade talk with him and let him go despite causing considerable damage to the cab
Old 11 August 2009, 09:17 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

You might find some of this a good read Nick;
Political correctness - the awful truth
Gareth
Old 11 August 2009, 09:21 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GMballistic
You might find some of this a good read Nick;
Political correctness - the awful truth
Gareth
thanx gareth ill have a gander
Old 11 August 2009, 09:38 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

on my way home from work this afternoon at a roundabout turning right lights changed and this idiot tried tu get passed me on the inside in which he didnt tdci he then followed me waving is arms out off the window beeping his horn making himself look a right **** he proceeded tu follow me for over 2 miles doing this so took him on some road with speed bumps and he soon slowed down but carried on then i duly took him too the local nick which then he flew off not a nice experience he shoudnt be on the road with behaviour like that
In my experiance if you stop the car infront of them and get out they take evasive action and run away or become very polite all of a suden, i've had a few insidents recently
Old 11 August 2009, 09:42 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby401
In my experiance if you stop the car infront of them and get out they take evasive action and run away or become very polite all of a suden, i've had a few insidents recently
what happens if he pulls a knife and stabs you
Old 11 August 2009, 09:49 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

what happens if he pulls a knife and stabs you
or a gun, bat, used needle, sharpened pen??...and even if you do confront him usually these type of people aren't thinking straight & have lost the ability to think rasionally (otherwise they wouldn't be following you) so you can hardly have a "nice" chat with them. Plus if it kicked off the way the Police are and the legal system nowadays your just as likely if not more likely (because you stopped) to get charged for something yourself rather than the nutter that caused it all.
Old 11 August 2009, 10:33 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a similar incident. some guy tried to pinch my lane on a rounabout and when i didnt let him in he comes upto to the side of me and verbally abuses me and the mrs like it was my fault!
Old 11 August 2009, 11:15 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

I had an incident about 6 years ago now, bloke followed me all the way through town because he'd got the hump with my driving. He was flashing his lights, waving his arms out of the window and generally going mental.
In the end I stopped on some random strangers driveway and locked my doors, this bloke came over red faced and absolutely furious and punched my side window completely smashing it. Then without a word he got back in his car and drove off.

I passed him about 100 yds up the road sat in his car hugging the hand he'd just punched my window through with. I was so shaken up I drove straight home and never reported it to the police, wouldn't have been able to give them any info anyway as I hadn't got his reg. Thinking back I should've reported it as he's no doubt gone on to do the same or worse again.

The only consolation was knowing he'd probably broken several bones in his hand. Unbelievable If it was now I'm quite confident i'd have been a little more switched on and gotten away from the situation before it got quite so bad.

There are some real nutters on the road, just not worth tangling with them.

I was driving a 1.8 ford focus at the time
Old 11 August 2009, 11:22 PM
Get A Grip
Scooby Regular

I expect he was a plain-clothed member of the grammar and punctuation police. I would imagine he was keen to give you a much needed lesson.

Ah well; maybe next time...
Old 11 August 2009, 11:29 PM
wrx1stone
Scooby Regular

funny thing i have overtaken a lot of people in my time,the most recent today ,a 30ish guy on his own in a rover,he honked his horn far to long as i passed him,after a mile i slowed down, so he was close,he would not get within 15 yards of me,yeah i thought,not so brave now are you.he could see me looking in my mirror as i was making it so obvious.i mean whats the problem? drive too slow,get overtaken so what? only this guy bugged me.i have been beeped'flashed and waved,i'm just sick of being stuck behind drivers who have no confidence whatsover'and drive like they are on an ice covered surface,in the middle of a blizzard'what's wrong with these people.?
Old 12 August 2009, 11:23 AM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

I've had a few of these. Just stop and get out. Usually they drive off or you have a few cross words. Rarely will it end up in violence but if it does... what are you a man or a mouse?

Can't live your life being frightened of people with knives or worrying about the politically correct brigade hunting you down for defending yourself. I'm not a keyboard warrior or advocating people attack others on the road, but unless you've just had a to do with a van full of yobs then running away is just pathetic.
Old 12 August 2009, 11:38 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Life's too short for road rage FFS! Must be more imprtant things to concern people

Couple of months ago I was coming through some lights at roadworks; traffic moving slowly through them so lights must have changed as I was coming through; tw*t at front of queue coming towards us started to move off as cars still coming toward him, partly blocking our route through. I stopped alongside him (so he couldn't get past) & he was raging, bright red in the face, yelling at the top of his voice. I calmly explained the situation which didn't seem to calm him down I drove off & he shot through lights at warp speed. Utter madness as it was a school road

TX.
Old 12 August 2009, 11:47 AM
muthaducka
Scooby Regular

It seem almost everyone has received some road rage experience. I've had quite a few incidents over the years, two memorable ones:

1no - typically no reason whatsoever there was a guy behind me on the dual carriageway getting worked up. I stopped at the next set off lights in the outside lane. I could see the chap approaching fast and had a bit of confidence that my tow bar would help me out a bit if he got carried away.

He created a third lane on the chevrons next to me, got out of his car with a steering lock and went for my window. All this before I'd even taken my seatbelt off!

He was a big black guy so I didn't fancy my chances and already had a bad start so I reversed up a bit (traffic to my left and behind), drove through him down the wrong side of the carriage way turning right against traffic(with raised grass central res), jumped over that and onto the right side of the road. Not a nice experience and too slow to react. He had the 'crazy eyes'!

no. 2 - A bit of light comedy (I found it funny anyway) revenge against a volvo. I was travelling at a good speed around a single lane sweeping curve to join the motorway and this volvo charged up behind me and just pushed me onto the hard shoulder to get past before the road straightened up and joined the motorway.

After a flat out run to keep him in site, he took our turning but turned right at the roundabout instead of left. At this point my wife said 'follow him' - very rare that the wife ever allows me or suggests I engage in any kind of acceleration activity. Anyway, I followed him to the next roundabout and wouldn't let him off it. We both lapped the roundabout 4-5 times with me on the outside not letting him off (with no regards for my car) with his wife giving him some serious gype in the earhole. I then left and went home. Quite pleased with that one.

Heres another interesting story. An old friend of mine saw a girl crying at the side of the road and pulled over. At that point a chap went over and gave her a good slapping. My mate got out the car and gave him some grief only to be smacked about a bit himself. Not giving up, he watched the chap move on just round the corner and go into his house. Knocked on the door with an iron bar in his hand only to be confronted by the full family who beat him and his own girlfriend about with the bar - nasty.

These things can escalate way beyond what would generally be imagined.
Old 12 August 2009, 11:49 AM
subaru-impreza-2000
Scooby Regular

He sounds like a right Tw*t!

There's just no need for road rage IMO, but it sometimes happens to the best of us.
Old 12 August 2009, 12:58 PM
biggi
Scooby Regular

I have a very good friend sat next to me he is called billybat, the best thing since sliced bread LOL!!!!
Got to say I have never had to use it as I avoid this kind of stuff, but if needs be I alwayz have billybat,
who would like to **** with a 18st skin head LOL!!!!!
Old 12 August 2009, 04:06 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby401
i've had a few insidents recently
Funny that. I've been driving a Scooby for six years now and haven't had one single road-rage incident directed towards me. Must be the way you drive.
Old 12 August 2009, 06:25 PM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Funny that. I've been driving a Scooby for six years now and haven't had one single road-rage incident directed towards me. Must be the way you drive.
Do you not overtake anyone then?

I had a recent experience with a big German tank thingy (Merc). I was driving down a typical mainish through road with traffic calming and with houses on both sides and he pulled out just in front of me not causing me any major problem but I had to lift off and most people would not have pulled out in that situation. For some reason, I didn’t even feel the need to flash. Anyway, a mile or two further on we I was still following him along a 40mph country lane with him doing around 28-30 (Sat Nav reading) and I overtook him. On doing so he tried swerve into my path and accelerated to stop me getting past both without success probably because by the time he reacted I was virtually alongside despite me giving a warning flash before committing to the overtake as I tend to do on such roads.

This was potentially extremely dangerous as this particular road is not the straightest and overtaking opportunities are short and only exist for cars with good acceleration. Anyway, he then proceeded to flash, wave and hoot right on my tail (funny he couldn't seem to get out of first gear when I was behind him!). Consequently, I did what I normally do with tailgating ie lift off and wait until he got very close, on with the brake lights (using my left foot - if you try this DO NOT do it with someone behind you for the first time!!) and accelerate away still with brake lights on. They normally get the message but, on this occasion he caught me up again continuing his childish display so I just overtook the person in front of me and left him fuming because he couldn’t get past. Had to smile at that point!

I still wasn’t sure why he got the hump - whether it was me overtaking him, overtaking him in that particular location, or the fact that he couldn’t prevent me from overtaking him - I probably shall never know but I found his behaviour disturbing so much so I was also tempted to leave a suitable message on his windscreen but in the end I wasn’t sure which drive he pulled out of and I guess he keeps it garaged.

Last edited by GeeDee; 12 August 2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12 August 2009, 08:09 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

one to look for when in the wagon nick lol

Quick Reply: road rage incident by a mondeo man