Sponsored by:

Unmarked Police cars

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2009, 11:03 PM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unmarked Police cars

Just wanted everyones views really, good? bad?..................

Driving home from my friends house after he just done my rocker cover gasket(cheers steve) I seen a silver blob eye Scooby in the out side lane of the M60 ashton junction coming up fast, I thought here we go, someone wants a race..............

I dropped a gear and followed behind him for about a mile admireing the new age car infront, then blue lights come on out of the back window Bugger I thought what a ****, baiting me into going fast...................looked in my rear view to get ready to pull over and a black golf with blue lights was following me

Nothin came of it as they both left the motorway slip road doing more than 100 mph

Personally I think its a ****s trick to hide in amoungst the public in unmarked cars!
Old 21 July 2009, 11:28 PM
cptcaveman
Scooby Regular

Man I should read the other posts before posting, didn't realise this was a windup post, just ignore me

Last edited by cptcaveman; 21 July 2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 22 July 2009, 01:03 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Woody69
Just wanted everyones views really, good? bad?..................

Driving home from my friends house after he just done my rocker cover gasket(cheers steve) I seen a silver blob eye Scooby in the out side lane of the M60 ashton junction coming up fast, I thought here we go, someone wants a race..............

I dropped a gear and followed behind him for about a mile admireing the new age car infront, then blue lights come on out of the back window Bugger I thought what a ****, baiting me into going fast...................looked in my rear view to get ready to pull over and a black golf with blue lights was following me

Nothin came of it as they both left the motorway slip road doing more than 100 mph

Personally I think its a ****s trick to hide in amoungst the public in unmarked cars!
Good cops for realising what you where thinking (albeit they might of had bigger fish on the fryer)

Bad you for racing May all the 'perfect' SN crew jump on you from a great hight I'd of **** myself

Nothing wrong with unmarked cars, keeps you on your toes

Last edited by Glowplug; 22 July 2009 at 01:14 AM. Reason: typo
Old 22 July 2009, 01:17 AM
ScatRat
Scooby Regular

you sure fella was real cops

theres been allot of sightings with fake cops in that area
Old 22 July 2009, 08:24 AM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
Good cops for realising what you where thinking (albeit they might of had bigger fish on the fryer)

Bad you for racing May all the 'perfect' SN crew jump on you from a great hight I'd of **** myself

Nothing wrong with unmarked cars, keeps you on your toes
Nobody on here is perfect, weve all done it at sometime or another, there was no traffic so i thought what the hell, i was sick of smelling the oil that spilled onto the downpipe after changing the rocker seals................
Originally Posted by ScatRat

Dunno hard to tell, you see them blue lights and your *** twitches
Old 22 July 2009, 09:06 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well that is the junction that 400m down on the left the police station is situated...

Tony

Ps you don't drive a blue bug wrx do you?
Old 22 July 2009, 11:31 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

I dont consider it a trick, We all know what the speed limit is, If you break then you might get caught, you might get points, fine ban etc.
If you dont want points, fine, ban etc then dont speed.

As they say in those rubbish 80's movies, if you cant do the time dont do the crime.
Old 22 July 2009, 12:49 PM
Tenby
Scooby Regular

much rather see them being given the power to pursue real criminals. am sure they would much rather be doing that too
Old 22 July 2009, 01:04 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

No issue with it if they stop half the nugget driving you see out and about each day (this is where paperwork needs to be dropped so they can stop people for having lights out etc without having to spend half a day filling a form in to say they did it.)

However, they have been known to drive aggressively with things like tailgating or even slowing down to get people to break the limit in some way then that's just wrong.

5t.
Old 22 July 2009, 07:43 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScatRat

gmp unmarked cars heres a few 2 09 stis one blue one silver silver blobeye black blobeye black bmw black audi a3 the golf which you are on about is a unmarked r32
Old 22 July 2009, 07:47 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

They seem to like the focus ST in my part of the world, nice looking cars
Old 22 July 2009, 08:23 PM
charlieogden
Scooby Regular

Ive seen a BMW M5 screaming through Reading (queens Road) and what a treat is was also the odd RS6 on the M4 all with blues and twos. My Policeman friend said they are probable London Met.....I love the fact they have some "proper" cars in the force and not just 1.9D Astras......

Charlie
Old 22 July 2009, 08:38 PM
chrispy200+
Scooby Regular

Black hawkeye STI on the M40 as well, noticed it just before the roadworks up by warrick
Old 22 July 2009, 08:39 PM
mak24seven
Scooby Regular

not so long ago a speeder was someone you could hear and see, now a vehicle crawling along a wide stretch of road doing 36mph is indeed a speeder, scum of the earth . You used to be able to spot the old unmarked plod cars, all ways black or grey, allways new, but now you have no chance, old bangers of any age and colour, admittedly not a police car but hear in derbyshire we have old biulders vans with scameras hiding around country lanes . I am biggining to wonder if its worth having a toy in the garage any more in this stinking rotten hating motor country we call home.
Old 22 July 2009, 08:45 PM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

Of course they wouldn't really want to bait someone into speeding would they? Its not like they just want an excuse to legally drive fast and explore the limits of their own pursuit vehicles is it? oh but its all ok because they are just trying to catch the law breakers.
Old 22 July 2009, 09:06 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobeenut
Of course they wouldn't really want to bait someone into speeding would they? Its not like they just want an excuse to legally drive fast and explore the limits of their own pursuit vehicles is it? oh but its all ok because they are just trying to catch the law breakers.
coudnt agree more
Old 22 July 2009, 10:59 PM
njberrie
Scooby Regular

Got me last night an m5 bmw urged me into racing then pulled up outside my house 5 mins later and showed me on video what id just done
a very dirty trick i think but hey he didnt get passed and thats whats counts lol

lukily he just told me to stop being a c$$$k and let me off with it
Old 23 July 2009, 09:28 AM
Woody69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Well that is the junction that 400m down on the left the police station is situated...

Tony

Ps you don't drive a blue bug wrx do you?
No, red classic

Originally Posted by fivetide
No issue with it if they stop half the nugget driving you see out and about each day

There a few white vectras as well, I've seen them a few times on ashton old road....................
Old 23 July 2009, 09:58 AM
Geoteds2002
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tenby
much rather see them being given the power to pursue real criminals. am sure they would much rather be doing that too
Thats an original and worthwhile post
Old 23 July 2009, 11:06 AM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

there is a black focus st round my way i raced with a while back was a unmarked. after he complented me on my car he let me go. (coz i walked all over him lol ) makes me always think twice about racing now.
Old 23 July 2009, 11:46 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I know some guys have blue flashers fitted to their cars just to sh*t people up and they're not real police cars. Personally I think it's a bit of a b*stard thing to do, plus impersonating a cop car will net you a nice fine I'd imagine, just don't see the point.
Old 23 July 2009, 12:07 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Round here the unmarked pigs bait people into overtaking or speeding up, then they pull them!

Not very sporting is it, the *****!
Old 23 July 2009, 12:18 PM
Spruxxx
Scooby Regular

I've seen unmarked Golfs, Astras, BMWs, Audis, and Fords throughout Surrey and Sussex over the years. High speed and blue lights in the front grill and back window is a dead giveaway! Evos and scoobies are popular pursuit cars but never seen any unmarked ones myself. Sussex Police have a Lotus Exige as well which I've seen cruising about.

Most unmarked cars are definitely not fakes, I've seen a few of them pull people over on the high street for a variety of reasons - dodgy mods, license plate etc

On a similar note the other day I saw a white mini-van with a small CCTV camera on a tripod set up next to it the other day on the high street - looked like a typical highway maintenance setup for traffic assessment. But I was walking right past it and noticed a small "Tax Disc Assessment" sticker on the side...would never have realised if I'd been driving past. There was a guy reading a paper in the drivers seat with a Highways Agency jacket on.

Fortunately got no tax disc issues which is clearly just as well!
Old 23 July 2009, 12:21 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

There is 4 bmw.s a focus rs and a subaru all within 10 miles of me But hey i leave the racing on the track no mad stuff on the street hey lads

The bmw,s are rapid aswell around 450ft trq i was told ....

Last edited by BIG FUD; 23 July 2009 at 12:22 PM.