Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Just got my ass kicked by a saab 900 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2001, 12:00 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't it illegal to sit behind someone at night with full beams on?

Surely any charges resulting from that would be on shakey ground.
Old 15 February 2001, 12:52 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Whizzer, how did you guess my van is white lol!! it does handle quite well thou, shame the brakes are cr@p
Pete, i beleive the quickest saxo was the "Tour de course" or sommin like that, limited edition tuned by L.A.D. has 160bhp so its quite energetic

Tony
Old 15 February 2001, 02:23 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Yep its true, after playing with the merc on the way home and taking him on the roundabout a nice little Saab 900turbo turned up, took him on the roundabout too (different one and i was on the inside!!) then down the straight and into the next corner where he couldnt keep up then he blew me away on the straight bit of motorway
I know that your all going to say "you do drive a scoob dont you" and yes i do, a nice MY00 turbo and she is wonderful fun but i wasnt out in her tonight, i was in my company 2ltr di 16v astra van, and i kicked *** ahhhh how amusing it was, only 80bhp against a merc convertable and a saab 900turbo, dont you just love it when that happens i dont normally drive my scoob like i do the van, probably because i can sometimes have fun in the van (and i normally like throwing the van about ) but these guys were "pushing" the lights where as i was sitting there quite happily waiting for them to change. Good job i wasnt in the scoob thou, would have been fun to have seen the look on their faces if they had been beaten by that

Tony
Old 15 February 2001, 07:46 AM
RoyC
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Was it a red Saab 900 with a big exhaust somewhere near Belfast. If so he has around 350bhp. Very very fast on the straights, a lot faster than MY99 250bhp. Not so good on the roundabouts or any other bend!
Old 15 February 2001, 08:23 AM
ndouglass
Scooby Regular

The other morning on my way into work a car appeared behind me, couldn't make out what it was because it was still dark. Turned onto the motorway slip road and off I went, moved into the right lane and accelerated. When I got to the bottom of the slip road I looked in my side mirror & over my shoulder to check it was clear to pull out.

It was so out I went and the car that was behind me was now in front of me and pulling away fast, he undertook me on the sliproad with out me noticing. I eventually caught him up and found out what it was..

A Nissan Skyline with rear tyres the size of Luxembourg, awesome the way it left me in my Scooby. He went to pull off at the next junction and I got along side before he left and some 50 year old geezer grinned back at me. Gotta get one...

"Dear Santa, please can I ......"
Old 15 February 2001, 09:39 AM
whizzer
Scooby Regular

Wink

Tony I think the next question is , what colour is your company van ??? White by any chance !!!!
Old 15 February 2001, 10:04 AM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Having had a spin in a new 9-5 Aero (the 230bhp / 260 lb-ft model), they really do go -- seriously. ANY speed, ANY gear, just poke the throttle and it FLIES. There seems to be no lag at all, even from like 2000rpm in 4th, it just shoves you forward. Nice car, and has "stealth factor" too.
Old 15 February 2001, 10:29 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats the fastest Saxo available??

Saturday night a Saxo and I were playing on the A27 - the Scoobie saw it off on the take up from the roundabouts but it wasn't too far behind!!?? what was it??

By the way if the coppa in the BMW is reading this - sorry you didnt get us!!!

Anyone else had a coppa come up fast behind - nightime - FULL beam on - just sits right on your rear wing - hoping you will take off??? just sits there taunting ya??

Luckily the Saxo and I realised it probably was a copper and kept to 80'ish!!!

pete

[This message has been edited by pslewis (edited 15 February 2001).]
Old 15 February 2001, 10:49 AM
Scott J Davies
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Old 15 February 2001, 01:09 PM
GavinP
Scooby Regular

Wink

I thought it was common knowledge that an "Astramax" is the fastest vehicle on the road....
Old 15 February 2001, 06:21 PM
chambjj
Scooby Regular

The saab turbo's are fast.

I had a 9000 Carllson 2.3 turbo

245 bhp and 280 lb thanks to a new exhaust.

In a straight line there is little that can keep up with it and 60-100 in top nothing normal is quicker.

Problems are when those bendy things came up ttttttttttttorque steer or what.!!
Old 15 February 2001, 06:47 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWD - Me, "Well your honour, there was this coppa sitting behind me with full beam on - so I shot off and at 150mph he pulled me over"

Judge, "I see, well that looks like shakey ground to me, we will let you off this time"

Yes can just see it now!!

Tony - tour de course - well thats the baby then - very nimble on its feet

Pete