Sponsored by:

ADVICE PLEASE !!

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2009, 12:21 AM
markrs s2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ADVICE PLEASE !!

PICKED UP MY BRAND NEW IMPREZA WRX S HATCH ON THURSDAY LOOKS AWSOME IN WR BLUE, WHILST WASHING IT TODAY I NOTICED A SMALL PIECE OF MASKING TAPE UNDER THE NEAR SIDE REAR ARCH ON CLOSER INSPECTION WE HAVE REALISED THE BACK DOOR HAS BEEN FILLED ( VERY BADLY) AND THE MOULDINGS HAVE NOT BEEN PUT BACK ON PROPERLY. RANG DEALER STRAIGHT AWAY AND TOLD THEM , THEY SAID THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANY REPAIRS THEM SELVES AND THEY WILL RING SUBARU MONDAY MORNING. TOLD THEM I WANTED A BRAND NEW CAR NOT A REPAIRED ONE
THOUGHTS PLEASE
CHEERS MARK
Old 05 July 2009, 01:35 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

how about not typing in BOLD capitals ?

other than that tell them u want a new car as u are allowed to give it them back
Old 05 July 2009, 01:51 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I think you are already following the correct course of action and if there is any doubt that they won't replace it, make sure you take advice from Trading Standards, Citizens Advice and a solicitor. You paid for a brand new car, not a damage repaired. An independent inspection report from a reputable, possibly insurance approved body shop, or maybe the AA or similar will ad credence to your case if it gets messy, so make sure that they are aware that you will be doing this.

Only other thoughts are as said above, switch off the caps lock and stop using the silly bold font
Old 05 July 2009, 02:01 AM
147scoob
Scooby Regular

You certainly don't have to accept the current car due it being faulty on delivery, i believe you have four weeks with most goods to return them if they were bought and then found to be in an unsatisfactory condition, ie some **** cant back it off the lorry straight!!
As for the fact its now only saturday i'd park the ****er in front of the stealership doors till they sorted it.
I had a door replaced on my first bug eye and it never quite shut as well as the original "put on by a robot" door from when it was manufactured!!
Stand your ground and as corradoboy said get good and free advice, then approach the stealer with all the aces in your hand.
Good luck

Last edited by 147scoob; 05 July 2009 at 02:04 AM. Reason: i cant spell still
Old 05 July 2009, 06:56 AM
scooby_me
Scooby Regular

it is well known that lot of "NEW" cars have been to a bodyshop before the get to the "NEW" owner.

A shop in swindon I used to use had the contract for BMW and you would be amazed how many cars went there to be repaired that were brand new.

usually salesmen have bashed it into something while moving it. or whatever.

stand your ground and demand a new car, and do the magnet test to make sure there is no filler in the new one!.

i would have been mighty pissed of on discovering this!

good luck

Daz
Old 05 July 2009, 10:49 AM
markrs s2
Scooby Newbie

CHEERS GUYS (WHOOPS) typing in silly bold capitals again
We are going over to the dealer tomorrow with the car we are going to stand our ground and go for a NEW car like we were supposed to get in the first place, i am going to reject the car on the grounds of it not being new and damaged/repaired, obviously they should be providing us with a coutesy car while this is being sorted, they have a wrx s like ours as a demonstrator do you think we should ask for that as a courtesy car ? like for like for the inconvinience!
Iam mighty pi##ed off
Old 05 July 2009, 10:51 AM
scooby_me
Scooby Regular

Sounds reasonable to me..
Old 05 July 2009, 11:03 AM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Souns reasonable to me too!

I would see what the dealer says and if they won't give you a courtesy car tell them you will be sat outside their premises every day telling every customer that visits them what has happened
Old 05 July 2009, 12:22 PM
ozzyscooby
Scooby Newbie

when you get a new car before it is handed over the vehicles have to have new parts fitted not be repair you can hand the vehicle back subject to the miles on the vehicle you will normally have to pay for it depending on the dealer
Old 06 July 2009, 04:52 PM
markrs s2
Scooby Newbie

Went back to dealer this morning and showed them the car, they said they would offer me 3 years free servicing told them we wanted a brand new car like we ordered. New car now on order got to keep the original one until new one arrives, 10 days delivery time, will be going over that one with a fine tooth comb!
The magic words were (it is not of merchantable quality)