Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Barryboys are taking the Piss out of Scooby drivers!

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2009, 07:39 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default The Barryboys are taking the **** out of Scooby drivers!

Barryboys.co.uk :: View topic - SFS Subaru (Flyered) + ****** and Vectra

Originally Posted by wiganer
Engines are ****, gearboxes are ****, the body is made of those foil trays you get your take away in. The interior is made out of plastic far worse than the stuff that British Leyland was using in the seventies, they have all the crash protection of a shell suit, more body flex than Mr Universe, and are just a completely inferior product compared to an EVO, and I don't like them much either. Impreza estates are pretty much worthless which is why every council estate is littered with the things. Covering them in stickers also makes me dubious as to whether they have a turbo on them. Most of the stickered up ones are poverty speck chav wagons, with some stupid exhaust being hooned round the local Maccy D car park.
The guy above also says 'I have rebuilt lots and lots of Subaru engines, and indeed gearboxes'

Originally Posted by kidsinister
Yeah, but they go 'psssscccchhhhtttt'. Which is cool, and everyone you drive past thinks you're really great and not a complete bellend at all.
The fellah above drives this little beauty...

Barryboys.co.uk :: View topic - KS joins the common herd

Maybe it's time to torment them?

Last edited by Norman Dog; 01 July 2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01 July 2009, 07:43 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Let them go.

We know different and thats all that matters. I would suggest they need some plasters when the start throwing stones inside.
Old 01 July 2009, 07:45 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think those lot are *****.. got nothing better to do than slate other peoples motors!
Old 01 July 2009, 07:52 PM
Ashley-W
Scooby Regular

lol let him think what he wants, end of the day look what he drives.
Old 01 July 2009, 07:53 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

The first paragraph holds a lot of true statements lol, love the one about the chinese take away tray, bout right!
Old 01 July 2009, 08:11 PM
S3TH
Scooby Regular

Fair enough if they dont like imprezas and have a derogatory opinion about them. I have never seen a forum where personal unwarranted personal attacks/insults are acceptable though?? What a friendly place huh?
Old 01 July 2009, 08:27 PM
Rickstarbo
Scooby Newbie

Some cars do belong on barryboys but they seem to have clearly missed the point with the Scoob. It is a rally inspired road car, rally cars have stickers on them. Personally I think it's a great looking Scoob.
Old 01 July 2009, 08:42 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

One look on barryboys and you realise there is nothing to worry about. But yes my panels are thin I would be mortified if my car was 'flyer'd'
Old 01 July 2009, 08:44 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I get the impression a lot of the folks on there were bullied at school.

Some of the cars posted up ARE genuinely funny, but a lot of the arseholes on that forum seem to think they're superior to the rest of the human race.
Old 01 July 2009, 08:49 PM
Dave_P
Scooby Regular

I don't think it matters what cars barryboys put on their site, and generally their stuff is quite funny, but...

It is out of order that the guy who posted it will not delete the reg even thought the owner has asked nicely for them to do it...

I have had a car cloaned and used in a robbery, so this is no laughing matter, the police advised me to keep my details off the web.

I am so annoyed I am going to bother to join their site and get a post up about it!
Old 01 July 2009, 08:53 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobyman1982
i think those lot are *****.. got nothing better to do than slate other peoples motors!
while i agree they are most definately *****. The slating is no worse than what happens on here from time to time, when someone finds a beauty on ebay etc then starts asking daft (but funny) questions.

They clearly know very little about Subaru's and judging by some of their cars have no grounds to slag someone elses off. I'd love to know how many members they have and what cars they all drive. Sad people with sad lives.

Aaron
Old 01 July 2009, 09:10 PM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

the note he left looks like it was done by a 5 year old!!!!!!!!! the reason he was at the hospital in the first place was to have the pi55 pot removed from his head ...........the scooby looks the b*****ks

Last edited by C17RPA; 01 July 2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01 July 2009, 09:29 PM
scoobzie
Scooby Regular

JUST LITTLE SILLY WANNABEE,S we have all be 18 before
Old 01 July 2009, 09:32 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

they thrive off the attention, ignore them and they go away or get bored and go **********.
Old 01 July 2009, 09:42 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

that blobeye looks amazing, they're off their heads

wiley
Old 01 July 2009, 10:02 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

If you look in the cunningly named "members cars" forum, here you will see what the forum members drive. Just becuase someone drives a **** car, doesn't mean they aren't entitled to an opinion of their own.

Contrary to popular thinking the members of Barryboys are actually very knowledgeable about performance cars. some people find the tone of the forum slightly abrasive, but if you turn up there all guns blazing and in full txt-spk mode you will get severely owned. If, on the other hand you don't take it all as a personal attack & realise, its just a bit of fun & only an internet forum, then you will fit in there & may actually find some of it funny.

I'm a member on there, I own an Impreza & they regularly take the **** out of me about it, do i lose the plot & end up going all keyboard warrior on them? ...no, I laugh along!

By all means crack on over there, wade in to defend that car, don't say you weren't warned....

Last edited by DJ_Jon; 01 July 2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01 July 2009, 10:07 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch out DJ Jon prepare you flame proof coat

I'm also a member on there and tbh they love people going on there to prove everybody wrong about their car marque.
Old 01 July 2009, 10:11 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
Watch out DJ Jon prepare you flame proof coat

I'm also a member on there and tbh they love people going on there to prove everybody wrong about their car marque.
I know you are fella... my skin is thick enough not to worry about any abuse on SN.
Old 01 July 2009, 10:16 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

barrow boys dont the mean bellend boys they wouldnt know a performance car if it crashed into them , bet the **** with the beard drives a rover 214. at the end of the day they cant afford a scoob cant afford the insurance and are to tight to pay for the fuel . i love ***** like that hence the sticker in my rear window DONT BOTHER YOU AINT WORTH THE PETROL .
Old 01 July 2009, 10:17 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon
I know you are fella... my skin is thick enough not to worry about any abuse on SN.
Well if you've been subjected to BB abuse i'm not surpried you're not bothered
Old 01 July 2009, 10:21 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Exactly! Madscoob's post made me chuckle

Last edited by DJ_Jon; 01 July 2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01 July 2009, 10:28 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Tin foil body: Check (want to see my car park door dings on my old car?)
Crappy crash protection: Check (10mph head on crash = stuffed engine, occupant protection is quite good though)
Fragile engine: When messed with and driven in ignorance; Yes
Fragile gearbox: As per engine
Crap interior: Check
Poor(er) residual values on wagons: Check
Silly exhausts: Check
Dubious Stickers: Check

EVO better? Erm, jurys out on that.

Quite a valid observation if you ask me. Really people should be blaming the select owners who have repeatedly brought the mark into disrepute by causing all Subaru owners to be annoyingly tarred with the same brush by driving and modifying their car in the fashion and regard that a thirteen year old boy would dream of.

Last edited by ALi-B; 01 July 2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01 July 2009, 10:30 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Tin foil body: Check (want to see my car park door dings on my old car?)
Crappy crash protection: Check (10mph head on crash = stuffed engine, occupant protect quite good though)
Fragile engine: When messed with and driven in ignorance; Yes
Fragile gearbox: As per engine
Crap interior: Check
Poor residuals values on wagons: Check
Silly exhausts: Check
Dubious Stickers: Check

Quite a valid observation if you ask me. Really people should be blaiming the owners who have brought the mark into disrepute by behaving and cused all Subaru owners to be annoyingly tarred with the same brush by driving and modifying their car in the fashion and regard that a thirteen year old boy would dream of.
Hope you dont mean my car
Old 01 July 2009, 10:41 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I'll openly admit to not liking WRC stickers unless its actually a proper WRC car or a true faithful replica (stripped out, caged, seam welded etc).

Having said that, I have seen alot worse.

Looks is one thing though, if its also driven in a manner that is either trying to show off or attract attention or just plain idiotically, it only adds and reinforces the image the Impreza marque has gained from the likes of Barryboys.
Old 01 July 2009, 10:46 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
I get the impression a lot of the folks on there were bullied at school.

Some of the cars posted up ARE genuinely funny, but a lot of the arseholes on that forum seem to think they're superior to the rest of the human race.
They've emigrated from NSR on here
Old 01 July 2009, 10:48 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Tin foil body:
Crappy crash protection:
Fragile engine:
Fragile gearbox:
Crap interior:
Poor(er) residual values on wagons:
Silly exhausts:
Dubious Stickers:
Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
Hope you dont mean my car
Nah, thats mine and i fcukkin love it
Old 01 July 2009, 10:55 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

If you look in the cunningly named "members cars" forum, here you will see what the forum members drive. Just becuase someone drives a **** car, doesn't mean they aren't entitled to an opinion of their own.

Contrary to popular thinking the members of Barryboys are actually very knowledgeable about performance cars. some people find the tone of the forum slightly abrasive, but if you turn up there all guns blazing and in full txt-spk mode you will get severely owned. If, on the other hand you don't take it all as a personal attack & realise, its just a bit of fun & only an internet forum, then you will fit in there & may actually find some of it funny.

I'm a member on there, I own an Impreza & they regularly take the **** out of me about it, do i lose the plot & end up going all keyboard warrior on them? ...no, I laugh along!

By all means crack on over there, wade in to defend that car, don't say you weren't warned....
It was indeed a personal attack on the woman that owns that car, she came on all polite and asked for her details/car to be removed. All Most (not all) members could do was be very immature towards her and in the end nasty.

By the same token as you all judged her, i have come to the conclusion all members are ***** on Barryboys.

Aaron
Old 01 July 2009, 11:04 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Originally Posted by azz250478
It was indeed a personal attack on the woman that owns that car, she came on all polite and asked for her details/car to be removed. All Most (not all) members could do was be very immature towards her and in the end nasty.

By the same token as you all judged her, i have come to the conclusion all members are ***** on Barryboys.

Aaron
Hey, you are entitled to your own opinion
Old 01 July 2009, 11:13 PM
Jonlu
Scooby Regular

I must agree with DJ_Jon here. It's like going up the pub with the lads or being on a building site. I know we all love our motors and take pride in owning them but there's always going to be other opinions floating around. That site has been made for people to take the p*ss out of each others cars and to go on there and give them ammo is EXACTLY what they want! The majority of the members drive heaps of crap around and they know it, so the odds of you going on there and upsetting one of them is very unlikely!
Old 01 July 2009, 11:16 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Hey, you are entitled to your own opinion
There comes a time when opinion becomes fact

Aaron

Quick Reply: The Barryboys are taking the Piss out of Scooby drivers!