Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Tip

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2002, 12:33 AM
ice_white
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After what's happened today i thought it might be a good idea to seperate my alarm remote from my car keys. That way if someone does demand the keys, i can happily hand them over knowing that they won't be of any use. Give me time to call the police and get me shotgun loaded!

Just a thought...
Old 06 March 2002, 01:52 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

My key has the immobilizer chip in it. My spare doesn't. I'd just hand them the spare.
Old 06 March 2002, 07:11 AM
andy oakes
Scooby Regular

Angry

As i keep saying
LAZER GUN.....
Old 06 March 2002, 07:53 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Yeah but if they have gone to the trouble of breaking into your house are these scumbags likely to say oh damn he's given me a key that don't work, lets forget it, and walk off...I think not....more likely they will do more harm to you

Dunno what the answer is on this
Old 06 March 2002, 08:14 AM
letdown
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Not sure about some of the ideas out there. IMHO if someone wants my car that badly they can have it. Think about it....you give dodgy keys over...there gonna come back. Car stops around the corner they may come back. And you all seem to think the Police will be there in minutes...they might be BUT they might not then you have a collection of nutters on your door!.
The other issue is if said Scum get caught cause of your actions....will you sleep well 3mths later when they are released??

I know you shouldnt give in to these types but if they want it that bad...Id let them take it.

My opinion...thats all so dont start !!
Old 06 March 2002, 08:16 AM
Luke
BANNED

If you reccon that during the time it takes them to find out. You can totaly take control of the situation,then I suggest you let them take the car.
If there is about 3-4 of them possible armed.... You had better think twice about "Going all Hollywood" Distance between you and them is the most important issue.... Let them get away from you. Then use any security you have in the car.

Sure you can pull out your 3 foot long chopper and have a go. But You will find access to "Scoobynet difficult in prison"....

Old 06 March 2002, 08:19 AM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

I have a locking fuel cap and I always keep the key seperate from the car key - although it only really limits the range when the tank is close to empty, hopefully it will arouse sufficient suspicion when they try to fill up and can't.
Old 06 March 2002, 08:57 AM
FreeT
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Is it not the case that they are generally stole n by joy riders - so limit on fuel doesnt really matter - apart from when the toorch it it wont go bang. God what a thought.