Sponsored by:

new here just bought a WRX

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2009, 06:21 PM
scoobyed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new here just bought a WRX

Hi all, never owned a subaru before and i have to admit i thought imprezas were just for people who drove like numptys everywhere. I went out yesterday morning to look for a soft top for the wife and happened across a 53 plate WRX with 78k on it, decided to give it a test drive and discovered why people like them, well impressed!!
Went back this morning and did a deal on it for 5K which i thought was pretty reasonable.
So seeing as i know bugger all about scoobys what do i need to check over and what is likely/common to go wrong with them???
It seems to drive nice and pulls well but then anything would drive nice and pull well compared to the discovery TD5 i chopped in for it!!!
I suppose this model would be the 225bhp one?????
Old 10 May 2009, 07:19 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

5K is stupidly cheap if you ask me!!

Welcome to the site.

Yes your right the WRX's came with 225 as standard, unless it has the Prodrive Performance Pack (PPP) fitted.

If your not planning on modifying it then it should be very reliable so long as you keep up with the servicing
Old 10 May 2009, 07:23 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Sounds like you bagged a bargain. As far as driving like numptys...there are some grown ups on here, despite what you may read in some of the posts!! Good to hear youl like the WRX.And mostimportantly, welcome to the site

Last edited by s70rjw; 10 May 2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10 May 2009, 07:24 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

welcome mate . looks like u got a good deal and the bug to
Old 10 May 2009, 07:55 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome
Old 10 May 2009, 08:14 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Welcome buddy!

Subaru's are easy to modify imho and just keep a look out in the for sale section at bargains!

Just make sure there is no knocking noise from the bottom end when cold and hot and the rest should be fine!
Old 10 May 2009, 08:17 PM
scoobyed
Scooby Regular

thanks for the welcome, i am glad that 5k sounds like a good deal, i thought it was, there are a couple of bits that want sorting out which you may be able to help with, i am guessing that the bonnet and bumper were covered in stone chips as they have been repainted and left some overspray behind in a couple of spots, that isnt a problem but also the car has been seriously steam cleaned and the paint on the brake calipers has come off and they have frosted, any reccomendations for caliper paint??? also the rear wheel arches have been steam cleaned so are a mix of black and streaky silver stonechip type coating. should the rear inner arches have a plastic liner or should they be body colour??? I am tempted to coat them with black waxoyl paint for protection, what is the norm???

Trending Topics

Old 11 May 2009, 11:36 AM
cobraman
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is an absolute bargain mate.

I've been in the market for a WRX or STi and the cheapest I have come across was £6,200 (with lower mileage at 65k).

It would be 225bhp unless it has Prodrive (PPP) fitted which would boost it up to around 265bhp or has been remapped where the power could be just about anything.

I'm still searching and have decided to go for a standard (blobeye) STi now although my budget is only £8k so I am playing the waiting game.