Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2009, 01:25 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New shape Impreza STi stolen in north west

Hi all,

Appreciate if any one can let me or the Halewood police ( near liverpool ) know if they see a dark grey metallic new shape STi in the area - reg DA08 NBZ.

Possibly in the Whiston, Rainhill, Widnes, Prescot, Huyton, Knowsley area.

It was taken this morning 5/5/09. The Metasat tracker txt'd to say alarm battery removed so it had gone and tracker was being disarmed / removed. The location was Hall Lane, Cronton / Widnes postcode WA8 5

Unfortunately only realised the car was gone at 7am and then found the text.

Had Police and forensics here all morning... Found the patio door had the lock jemmied off on the outside and the lock smashed or removed. Coming in through the patio they rooted in lounge drawers for keys, then through hall and into the kitchen where they found the Impreza keys.

Left by side door and took car out and away!

Took nothing else - wallet with cash and cards was by the keys as was mobile phone and house keys!

Apologies if I post this up on here in a couple of places.....

Last edited by vulnax999; 05 May 2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05 May 2009, 02:55 PM
mickp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neil

Gutted for you

I will keep my eyes open and post this up on LADS for you.

Mick

Last edited by mickp; 05 May 2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05 May 2009, 08:03 PM
GEORDIESTI
Scooby Regular

HI AS ABOVE TOTALLY GUTTED FOR YOU MATE, POSTS SUCH AS THIS MAKES ME SICK. IT LOOKS LIKE THE CAR WAS STOLEN TO ORDER AS THEY LEFT ALL OTHER VALUABLES - CASH,CARDS,KEYS BEHIND AND JUST TOOK THE CAR KEYS. HOPE THEY CATCH THE FOCKERS THAT DID THIS, HOPE YOU GET IT SORTED MATE.

DAVE
Old 05 May 2009, 09:36 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Cheers Guys, it's funny but these comments / condolences help!

It's insured; just the '''shudder''' thinking some scum bucket broke into my housewhile we ( including the kids ) were asleep and walked around poking into drawers in various rooms until they found the keys ... creepy.

Nearest Scooby dealer stopped doing subaru's ( stayed with Lotus, Noble, TVR etc. ) so further afield for the replacement ... 330S perhaps!
Old 07 May 2009, 04:41 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Really bad luck. Lesson to be learned for others is always set your alarm at night even when you are in the house might have a chance of scaring them off before they get keys
Old 07 May 2009, 04:48 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about this, Hope you get sorted soon.
Old 07 May 2009, 10:14 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Wonder if its the same bunch that were working Formby last week? My neighbours house got broken in to- they left everything (ipods, a fair amount of cash, watches etc), then went upstairs; they opened a bedroom door and even had the cheek to put on a womans voice and say 'its only me, I'm just going to get a drink, go back to sleep. FFS!

They didn't find the keys to the RS4 though...
Old 07 May 2009, 10:52 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

You never know.... maybe they even did have a woman with them?? Police did think the intruders were trying to avoid confrontation.
I am not that far from formby - 20 miles or so I guess...

Debate around whether better to hide keys / take to bed or let them have them easy downstairs, to avoid threats and possible harm?
I was gonna get one of those small personal safes that can be screwed to floor and walls but some thoughts were the intruders would make me open it by threatening me, wife or kids.

Not sure now, even securely locking garage and having garage alarmed would have same response I expect .. think I am a bit paranoid now ( but insurance company did ask did I have CCTV !!!! now who's paranoid! ).

At least the forced door is now way more secure and house alarm sorted and in use .....
Old 07 May 2009, 10:53 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

really sorry to read this, did you text the tracker ?? sat.status to find out for definate. as they have a backup battery fitted to it.
Old 07 May 2009, 10:55 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Our house was broken in to in 2002- they took the Impreza, which showed up, and my 540i, which didn't.

My advice would be to take out GAP cover and let them have the car. I don't leave the keys on view, but I don't hide them and won't stand in their way if they want it. I really have no intention of bleeding to death in front of my children, or having them traumatised and scared in their own home. Rather they took the cars tbh- and save me the depreciation
Old 08 May 2009, 12:22 AM
moneys
Scooby Regular

fooking *****, i got mine robbed last year. only up the road in whiston, i have seen you about in this, when mine was took it was caught the next night on a speed camera in bootle, the cid reckon they take them down the docks and straight to ireland. did the tracker not work?

when they got into my house they never took anything else except the car, they had the keys to the wifes focus and left that as well, we reckon they came into the house about 12, then returned about 4a.m an took the car, the wife was in bed and i was out for the night, we were so lucky, dont think id ever get another scoob for this sole reason.
Old 08 May 2009, 12:43 AM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by rob84
really sorry to read this, did you text the tracker ?? sat.status to find out for definate. as they have a backup battery fitted to it.
Rob,

Got a text off the tracker around 2.40 am saying - Alarm Battery Disabled and another shortly after - alarm power disabled.

When I got up and found these texts and car gone I did try to text it but got the time out mesage. Tracker company when I phoned them said they lost it after the texts I got. Texts were from Hall Lane widnes WA8 5 area ...

Looks like car taken to a quiet country road where alarm may not be noticed and tracker disabled. Looks like the back up battery removed and some time later power feeds to tracker / alarm unit cut. I don't even know where the tracker / alarm box lives but they obviously do.
Old 08 May 2009, 12:45 AM
maydew
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear mate,glad yourself and family are ok .
Old 08 May 2009, 12:47 AM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Moneys, You should have waved !! May be you did .. where was yours taken from - Whiston?

See above reply re: did tracker not work.

May have been of use if a) they not had keys and b) I have been up and awake when tracker texted me it was being disabled ...
Old 08 May 2009, 12:47 AM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Thanks mate Maydew.
Old 08 May 2009, 12:56 AM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vulnax999
Moneys, You should have waved !! May be you did .. where was yours taken from - Whiston?

See above reply re: did tracker not work.

May have been of use if a) they not had keys and b) I have been up and awake when tracker texted me it was being disabled ...

yes mate whiston, i used to live backing onto the train station, they came in through the dog flap in our old house believe it or not, apparantly its like an apprenticeship for there youngers brothers or sisters as they take them along. it was the first time i had left it on the front drive, i usually have it behind gates and the wifes car in front, they must of been watching it

i know hall lane, it is a very quiet area so i suppose that what they use it for, scum bags. what time did they roughly take it? they say that between 4 an 5 is the most common cos they say your in a very deep sleep, thats according to the CID that came to us. there have been a lot of robberies lately around here so all i can say is make sure your house and family are secure
Old 23 May 2009, 02:28 PM
charlieogden
Scooby Regular

Has anyone ever caught a car thief! Im sure this would help with people who have had there pride and joys stolen to hear about it, if there are any?..........

When i was living at home we have a works yard out side, used to have pumps, generators, lights ect and my dad saw some one in the car park about 12.20AM tying to pull a genny out, Gave chase with a wooden stilt in his pants he threw the stilt and got one of them enough to knock him over but he stall managed to get away mainly due to the fact my dad was wearing flipflops!!

Dads are heroes........
Old 23 May 2009, 05:17 PM
Dave_P
Scooby Regular

So sorry to hear this mate, hope you and family are ok. Don't let the little scumbags get you down, they have a poor excuse of a life and always will have, you don't...

Hope your insurance pays out ok and you can beef up your home security to make you and your family feel safer and deter this sort of thing form happening again in the future.

They have had a go at my MY08 STI twice in the last year, but luckily both times I have been awake in the middle of the night (I work different hours all the time) and a very bright torch and me yelling at the top of my voice as made them leg it.

I've heard stories about RS4's being taken at gunpoint etc. but these are thankfully rare. The Police told me that they mostly just want to be in and out quickly, as any physical voilence/confrontations attracts more attention/investigations from the Police, can leave more DNA and leads to a longer prison sentance when they are finally caught.

Since my agro I have installed a Tracker alongside the Metasat, hidden HD infra-red CCTV, more outside spotlights, a monitored home alarm (armed when we go to sleep), a serious looking keysafe, a rocking chair and a shotgun...

Call me paranoid if you like but I want to make it as difficult as I can for these little ******s
Old 23 May 2009, 07:00 PM
exceed
Scooby Regular

Hmm would have thought that as soon as the battery/alarm was tampered with the tracking company should have contacted the police!? Or is it just me that thinks thats the whole point... What use is texting me saying all those things???
Old 23 May 2009, 07:34 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Metasat tracker seems to just txt the owners mobile phone, although the out of hours tracker monitoring ( Securicor ) do get the alerts, just don't inform the police - guess thats due to false alarms?
Old 23 May 2009, 07:36 PM
JonnyUK1980
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about this, i had one of my old cars tolen years ago it really is a horrible feeling.
It doe make you think why the hell do we pay out for our expensive tracker subscriptions when most people who seem to take this caliber of car knows how to disable and remove them!
I guess there really is nothing we can do to stop these scum bags, if they wat your car that bad theyre going to get it