Sponsored by:

WRX to WR1 (advice needed)...

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2009, 10:16 AM
cobraman
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WRX to WR1 (advice needed)...

I'm still searching for a WRX Prodrive (or other remapped WRX) and have come across this one on Pistonheads...

Subaru : 53 plate WRX in Wr1 Blue tasteful mods

Now the thing that appeals is the WR1 paint colour (which I love by the way but cannot afford a WR1) - is this a sure sign that the car has been damaged and resprayed perhaps or am I just being paranoid?

This car really appeals to me and looks great. The other thing that worries me is the part-exchange bit at the end where the owner will consider another Subaru/Evo/Honda (why would he want another Scooby)?

One to avoid or should I look at it?
Old 05 May 2009, 10:27 AM
andy2795
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a very nice car m8 but it does seem a bit odd that he would wont a nother scooby . my be u should look in 2 it an see if he has crashed it or not but doing a check. he might just wont a older one like a classic? it might be worth a look as u just dont no m8. all the best

andy
Old 05 May 2009, 11:05 AM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't worry about him wanting another Scoob. Like has been said, may want a classic to recoupe some money etc, or may want an STi.
Old 05 May 2009, 11:37 AM
cobraman
Scooby Regular

Good point about perhaps wanting an STi - never thought of it that way.

I have emailed the chap and asked about service history/why the paint change/will he part-exchange with my CTR - and hope he gets back to me.

Just a quickie on accident damaged cars. Do the owners have to declare by law a car has been Cat D damaged or is it up to the potential buyer to find this out themselves?
Old 05 May 2009, 12:47 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

reg checks out as being NOT stolen get a full check done thou

the only thing i can say is that 8K is a bit too dear for a 53 plate

heres a car from autotrader trade so you get some protection and with PPP i know its a little over 8K but you can haggle and it on an 05 plate

Auto Trader UK - SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 WRX AWD Turbo 4dr PRODRIVE PACKAGE

steve
Old 05 May 2009, 01:43 PM
cobraman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve001
reg checks out as being NOT stolen get a full check done thou

the only thing i can say is that 8K is a bit too dear for a 53 plate

heres a car from autotrader trade so you get some protection and with PPP i know its a little over 8K but you can haggle and it on an 05 plate

Auto Trader UK - SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 WRX AWD Turbo 4dr PRODRIVE PACKAGE

steve
Thanks for the registration check - really appreciated. I intend to do a full check before buying any car so no worries there.

I did feel the price is a little on the high side - but then saying that it only has 35k on the clock. I would make an offer of £7750 (absolute maximum) to be honest as long as it checks out to be okay and has FSH.

As for the other ad - I don't want another black car. It has to be WR Blue (or the WR1 blue in this case).
Old 05 May 2009, 04:25 PM
JP4
Scooby Regular

Location: 700+ WR1 aka The Vuvu Zela...10.6 @ 136 weighing 1370kg....say no more....

Looks like a wr1 except for the stickers, front mesh grill and sits higher than the real thing - check my profile to see what I mean.

Last edited by JP4; 05 May 2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: bloody spelling!!
Old 05 May 2009, 04:33 PM
A4_Paul
Scooby Regular

Personly love the colour and love the WR1's but not a fan of this motor at all like above you can tell it's a fake etc why spend extra cash to have a replica thats not even a good replica?
Old 05 May 2009, 04:44 PM
cobraman
Scooby Regular

I'm not personally after a replica of the WR1 and have no intention to replicate any car.

However, I've always liked the WR1 Ice Blue paintwork and that is what really appeals to me. Plus the car is a WRX Prodrive which is initially what I was after rather than an STi due to comfort/insurance costs.

This is a WRX Prodrive and if I do purchase it, I will not be putting any WR1 stickers on it. It's just the paint colour really appeals, has the high-level spoiler, colour coded sills plus it also has an STi interior (something I was planning on eventually getting if I purchased a WRX). It ticks all the boxes really. Just a pity its in Scotland 323 miles away from me or otherwise it would have been good to have a look at it.
Old 05 May 2009, 07:04 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cobraman
Thanks for the registration check - really appreciated. I intend to do a full check before buying any car so no worries there.

I did feel the price is a little on the high side - but then saying that it only has 35k on the clock. I would make an offer of £7750 (absolute maximum) to be honest as long as it checks out to be okay and has FSH.

As for the other ad - I don't want another black car. It has to be WR Blue (or the WR1 blue in this case).
so sorry for choosing the black one

here we go coz im soooo helpfull

Auto Trader UK - SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 WRX PPP Prodrive AWD Turbo - LOW MILES + FSH!!

Auto Trader UK - SUBARU Impreza 2.0 WRX AWD Turbo

Auto Trader UK - SUBARU IMPREZA WRX

again at random around 7.5k - i bet you could get all of the above for 7k easy

53 plates are around the 5-6k mark, 04 plates upto 7.5K, silver wr blue you can take your pick some even from subaru dealers if you look around hard enough!

i spent about 2 months reserching and getting to know what was happening in the market before i decided, i ended up with a specD with a years subaru warranty and a few more goodies like PPP and prodrive lowering springs all for a bargain price of £12,600 i was well chuffed and got almost £1,900 off the sticker price

what im trying to say is shop around buddy i know the WR1 colour is nice but i dont think its worth spending 2-3K over the odds for it, do you?

good luck

steve

Last edited by Steve001; 05 May 2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05 May 2009, 07:12 PM
Sosbanite
Scooby Regular

For £8K you can have my 03 WRX PPP and I'll throw in a free respray to ice blue

Keep looking if I were you.
You can get a WRX in ice blue as a Maltese or Cypriot import on an 04/05 plate IIRC and then get it remapped

Edited to say that the colour is officially Aqua Blue if it helps with your searching!

Last edited by Sosbanite; 05 May 2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05 May 2009, 09:35 PM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Same as others have said why pay £3k for WR1 blue, but as you said your self £7750 and if you happy thats all that matters. Good look.