Sponsored by:

Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2009, 05:48 PM
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealerships

Went to one of my local dealership and the used car forecourt was bare! There really does appear to be a shortage of used cars.
I've been looking at 330s and had different trade in offers from my two local dealerships, one at 13k and the other 16k. I could probably raise the cash temporaily as I've remortgaged to build an extension next year so could get a cash deal and sell mine privately just the hassle of the changeover either having two on the drive or none.
Just wanted to ask and I know the same question gets asked every week several times and the normal answer of its worth what someone wants to pay for it but having got two very different trade in prices its thrown me a bit as to what she is worth privately. The spec is a silver '57' sti with PPP and 18 inch Prodrive Alloys. She has done just over 7000 miles and is obviously mint. I could throw in the stereo which is a Pioneer 900BT although I have kept the standard one to put back - dealers quotes are with the standard stereo. I was hoping around 18k but even if I can get 16k and 2k off the new one I'm 2k better off.
Thanks for any adice or guidamce in advance.
Old 04 May 2009, 07:58 PM
Ved
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your question is how much is it worth I would suggest that the 16k trade-in is very good value and to go with that. It's probably worth less today that that figure.