Sponsored by:

Wilson's of Chadwell Heath - JD Power my ar$e

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2001, 09:16 AM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I booked my car into the above dealer to be serviced on Saturday morning at 9am. I was assurred at the time of the booking I would be seen first and would have the service and the wash carried out and be away by 10.30.

I arrived at 8.45, polite to be a bit early incase they were busy I thought, and spent 10 minutes looking at a well known 22b that was on their forecourt. I was then approached by a salesman who asked what I wanted and I explained that I was booked in for a service at 9am. Just after 9am I was informed that the mechanic was on his way and would be here in a couple of minutes, the salesman then left the dealership to go to one of their other sites. I was then left for 25 minutes without being offered a drink (usually the first thing you are offered at the previous dealership I used on my old Scooby) or communicated with in any way. By 9.25 the mechanic had still not arrived so I decided to leave the dealership as they obviously had no interest in me or my car. If this was their attitude to a new customer I did not want them anywhere near the car in a mechanical sense

I will be contacting IM this morning to raise the matter with them in an official manner and wait to see what they propose to do about the attitude of the dealership. I do not expect to be kept waiting at an authorised dealership when the appointment was made at least 10 days prior to the day in question, particularly not for 25 minutes without being spoken to by a member of staff - there is absolutely no excuse for this type of behaviour My car is now booked into Day's of Chelmsford later this month who I hope will provide better service than Wilson's.

Yex
Old 05 February 2001, 09:52 AM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

When dealing with anyone new for goods or services, I adopt the "incompetent/useless until proven otherwise" stance. It is rare (and a pleasant surprise) when I'm wrong, so I can sympathise with you a bit.

That said, it does sound like you over reacted a bit OTT. Maybe the mechanic had a legititimate reason to be late. Did you talk to anyone else yourself (e.g. receptionist, service manager), or just the salesperson?
Old 05 February 2001, 10:00 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Ian

I do know that their mechanic has been off ill. They should have rung and postponed your appointment if he was not back at work, though.

Pete
Old 05 February 2001, 11:21 AM
Orville
Scooby Regular

Absolutely no help to you, but Wilsons always treated both my car and myself very well indeed. Perhaps just a one-off?
Old 05 February 2001, 01:10 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

....glad you don't work in my office - go straight above someone's head without discussing a problem with them first....

BTW Days are good to me - let me know when you are going in and i'll stay clear...
Old 05 February 2001, 01:39 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Angry

In reply to the comments so far, and yes I am still p155ed off about it

I do not react in an OTT manner whenever I am trying to get something done I can't do myself. I feel that as I am paying for a service that I am entitled to be treated properly for that service.
There was nobody else in the dealership apart from one saleperson who made it perfectly clear from his attitude that he had no interest in me or my problem. The dealership had 10 days notice of my service date and could have contacted me by phone, fax, e-mail etc but chose not to
I felt it necessary to raise the issue with IM as the dealership concerned had treated me in a shoddy manner, completely against the JD Power award they flash in everyones faces at every opportunity. It is not my fault their mechanic did not arrive, nor that I was ignored whilst waiting. Communication is key to working in a public facing environment and these guys did not communicate in any way.

I have now spoken to IM and they have taken the matter seriously, as I would expect, and have asked me to write to the dealer principle for his comments and observations which they have asked me to pass onto them. I await his reply and will post it here when received. The bottom line is that if you don't complain if you are unhappy you won't get what you expect from a service provider, also others may be treated in the same way unless the matter is addressed.

I have the car booked into Day's on the 17th and it will be safe for anyone else to be there I am not a violent person, usually , but I believe that if you are paying for something you should be 100% happy with it.

Yex
Old 05 February 2001, 03:49 PM
robski
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yex,

Ive found Days to be excellent.
They offer you a coffee (although you have to make it yourself )

good guys, Im going back there next time, even tho I have to drive right past Osborns of Colchester to get there!

robski
Old 05 February 2001, 07:54 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Cool

got mine from Days, richard butler is a decent guy, happy with the service! osbornes in colchester on the other hand won't see another penny from me ever....Days is far superior.
Old 05 February 2001, 10:26 PM
EdwardH
Scooby Regular

Smile

I use Wilson's all the time and have always found them to be very good.

Must have had an off moment.

Ed

Old 05 February 2001, 11:00 PM
Andy Burrell
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yex, fancy you getting out of your tree. Best get all that aggression out before the race season starts. As for your observations we use Day's and would not use anywhere else. SIDC discount, coffee, and just good old fashioned quality service.
Old 06 February 2001, 09:57 AM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

Andy,

Hello mate look forward to "bumping into you" on the track sometime soon

I am feeling much better today and from the replies here it would appear I am going to be well looked after at Day's of Chelmsford.

Regards

Yex