Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like i have got them on the run!

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2009, 10:06 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Looks like i have got them on the run!

a couple of weeks ago i posted up about hitting potholes and claiming off the Highways Agency..............well it looks like i may be successful but not with the original claim.

Over the last week i have seriously damaged my car and wheels in a massive pothole in my own road. One week after i reported the hole it was still unfilled and a lot bigger. It turns out that a Council Inspector reported it a week before i did and it wasn't filled. In the week after it was reported a total of 12 car owners and one pedestrian are making a claim.

The reason there are so many claims is because the hole is one of about 20 in the same small road. Most of the holes are a lot smaller but while dodging the holes you don't see the big one until its too late. One trip down the road buckles 2 wheels and a return trip buckles the other two. I have now split a tyre as well as buckled my wheels and i think a track control rod is broken.

It seems that i have fulfilled the criteria for making a claim. As promised i will keep you updated.

I have already bought new wheels this week and am reluctant to have them fitted as i know that within a week or so i will hit another pot hole

Anyone else had any luck with a claim?
Old 27 March 2009, 11:16 AM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do yuo report it to them? i need to report my side street, they was little holes,a dn then somebody reproted them, theyf iled them up and then 2 weeks later, the same hole appears, th3ey use crap material for filling, along with this is another 6 other small holes getting bigger due to people dodging them, more and more are coming up, the roads appaling and you have to go on wrong side of road to miss them.

imo the road needs resurfacing as when you drive straightr yopur bloody tyre gets stuck in the line of the crap road if you get what am saying and i hate it, i have to drive a lil in middle of road so it doesnt happen
Old 27 March 2009, 08:54 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you or someone else has reported the holes and the Highways Agency is aware of them and they have not been filled in then you may have a claim. With my situation the holes were reported for over a week and no action was taken. I have been told that it can take up to 90 days for a claim to be settled.

The whole area is a bit gray as some councils have differing criteria as to what is acceptable.

It is not made easy to make a claim so bear that in mind

HTH
Old 27 March 2009, 11:09 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i agree with you as most would but feel they will wangle out of it somehow

good luck tho