Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lost out on yet another classic!!! losing hope.

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2009, 09:50 PM
mr hat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost out on yet another classic!!! losing hope.

well what can i say, spend everyday on pistonheads/autotrader etc looking for the right car, last night a nice silver classic went on pistonheads, been on for 1 hour, was about 10 o clock last night, couple of hours drive away, full subaru history, 64k, last owner 6 years, andy forest hybrid td04, andy f remap, full hayward and scott, whiteline goodies, etc etc, called first thing in morning, im working till 5, wouldnt get up to see it until late tonight and would be dark, boy text me, guy coming to see it, just got text, car sold. tbh im gutted and pissed off looking now, nice classics are getting bought in a matter of hours, thought everbody was skint!!!! why did i sell my old classic then to make it worse i get stuck behind a nice dbm classic picking up the wife. once u get the scooby bug u just cant shake it, i keep going back
Old 17 March 2009, 10:40 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time of it. I know how you feel. I was in your position not long ago, I would find a good example and by the time we were about to go and view it would get snapped up just in front of me.
You will find one sooner or later, best to get a good one that just to get one fast.
Old 17 March 2009, 11:00 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

Dont lose hope there are still plenty of good uns around
Old 17 March 2009, 11:07 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mr hat
well what can i say, spend everyday on pistonheads/autotrader etc looking for the right car, last night a nice silver classic went on pistonheads, been on for 1 hour, was about 10 o clock last night, couple of hours drive away, full subaru history, 64k, last owner 6 years, andy forest hybrid td04, andy f remap, full hayward and scott, whiteline goodies, etc etc, called first thing in morning, im working till 5, wouldnt get up to see it until late tonight and would be dark, boy text me, guy coming to see it, just got text, car sold. tbh im gutted and pissed off looking now, nice classics are getting bought in a matter of hours, thought everbody was skint!!!! why did i sell my old classic then to make it worse i get stuck behind a nice dbm classic picking up the wife. once u get the scooby bug u just cant shake it, i keep going back
what price was it?
Old 17 March 2009, 11:43 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I know how you feel. I made a decision that if the deal didn't go through on the car I finally bought I was going to take break for a bit.

Fortunately I did manage to get the car and its one that I had like for some time. Only had it just over 24 hours and its flippin great Its a mapped WRX RA but its the fastest Impreza I've driven (Mapped UK turbo, V4 Type R and a P1)
Old 18 March 2009, 11:28 AM
mr hat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
what price was it?
was a bargain, £2900, front bumper was a bit scuffed and tax was out but had great spec, proper mods, full history etc.
Old 18 March 2009, 11:30 AM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-sa...ml#post8581064
Old 18 March 2009, 12:28 PM
legacytt
Scooby Regular

i was always told whats for you will not go by you dont worry something will come along and be exactly what your looking for but better.