Sponsored by:

Car running poor since remap!

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2009, 07:40 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Car running poor since remap!

hi there fellow members, our car got mapped recently but since the remap the car does not run any where near as healthy and powerfull like it did with stock ECU. the car is a version 3 sti with 3" exhaust, filter & fuel pump. the car does not spool up as early as before turbo comes in to play after 4000rpm but feels very weak. engine light constantly flashing when driving hard. the settings apparently change on its own on the avcr overboosting to 1.6b. the car stinks of fuel & idles funny. none of this, did not happen at all before the remap! apart from a slight sticky ICV. i would just like to know if this is normal? as i am starting to get really pissed off.

many thanks
Old 17 March 2009, 07:44 PM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

every time i've had mine mapped it has been a much better car, take it back to the mapper and get them to have a look for you. after mapping you should have a big smile on your face.
Old 17 March 2009, 07:45 PM
Sosbanite
Scooby Regular

The mapper should be your first port of call. Have a chat with them about your problems and go from there.
Old 17 March 2009, 07:50 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not the first time I have seen you posting about this. Why not seek a second opinion, assuming you have already given the mapper the chance to rectify the problems.
Old 17 March 2009, 08:02 PM
Jam Performance
Former Sponsor

Speak to the mapper or get the car checked on a dyno dynamics rolling road
Old 17 March 2009, 08:03 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

spoken to the mapper nothing is rectified infact i have paid a few visits and made calls, i just get different answers all the time. to many assumptions. not to sure what to do? my temper is just building up thats all. recently the car was overboosting to 1.6b and engine light flashing constantly i spoke to my mapper and was guided over the phone to reduce the duty via the avcr as this would resolve the problem. this did not resolve the issue only made the run abit more shytter. now what am i suppose to do?
Old 17 March 2009, 08:07 PM
cube320
Scooby Regular

Is the mapper well known? It sounds like the mapper is messing you around. Did the problems start when you got home from the mapper or did he let you drive away with the problems.
Old 17 March 2009, 08:08 PM
Jam Performance
Former Sponsor

Its the mapper's responsibilty to see that the boost does not overshoot the target, it definately needs to be looked at, are you sure nothing has come loose under the bonnet like a vaccum hose/elecrical connection?

Last edited by Jam Performance; 17 March 2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 17 March 2009, 08:09 PM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it down dont phone, or phone and say your bringing it down.
Old 17 March 2009, 08:10 PM
Scooby Senior

So cut your losses and go to a different mapper. Been there, done that

Personally I would call the second choice from your original thread fantastic diagnostic and mapping service.
Old 17 March 2009, 08:11 PM
Sosbanite
Scooby Regular

How long ago was the remap done?
Did the mapper offer to restore the original map and to return your money within a defined time frame if you were unhappy?
Have you spoken to the mapper since being instructed to adjust the AVCR which has not resolved the problem? If not, go back to them.
Old 17 March 2009, 08:13 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

Originally Posted by K18LLR
Speak to the mapper or get the car checked on a dyno dynamics rolling road
i dont see why i should go spend money on a dyno when i have just payed the mapper to map the car the and if any problems occur dyno should not be the alternative! rectifying the problem by the mapper until its solved should be the positive alternative it show professionalism!
Old 17 March 2009, 08:17 PM
Jam Performance
Former Sponsor

True, personally I wouldnt like to fork out for a dyno run either, so your only choice is going back to the mapper
Old 17 March 2009, 08:23 PM
Scooby Senior

I guess you have to ask yourself, can they fix the problem ? will it be safe once fixed ? do I want a second opinion ? do I want to be beholden to them for future maps ?

If it were me, and you have exhausted the ability of your original mapper to cure your mapping issues then it's time to go elsewhere IMHO.
Old 17 March 2009, 08:31 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no it should not be like that. if it cant be recified with the mapper go and get it mapped elsewhere, cut your losses, otherwise you could end up rebuilding the engine if you continue to drive it. a reputable mapper would put this right no question.
Old 17 March 2009, 08:46 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

Originally Posted by Sosbanite
How long ago was the remap done?
Did the mapper offer to restore the original map and to return your money within a defined time frame if you were unhappy?
Have you spoken to the mapper since being instructed to adjust the AVCR which has not resolved the problem? If not, go back to them.
to answer your questions the mapper didnt offer to restore the original map nor did he offer a refund in the time frame. the mapper was the one who instructed me to adjust the avcr.

why should i cut my losses for? if some has not done the job as it should be done then i have the right to stand my ground and make sure the problem is resloved. if not then i am entitled to be compensated!
Old 17 March 2009, 08:51 PM
Scooby Senior

^ couldn't agree more
Old 17 March 2009, 08:52 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

Originally Posted by 53WRX

If it were me, and you have exhausted the ability of your original mapper to cure your mapping issues then it's time to go elsewhere IMHO.

you can say that again.
Old 17 March 2009, 08:54 PM
jonboy0373
Scooby Regular

I would take it to another "Reputable mapper" find and rectify all faults with a complete report detailing ALL Failings with the Re-Map you had done. I would then take legal action (providing the mapper who provides the report will stand by his report in court). Small claims action
Old 17 March 2009, 08:55 PM
STi boi
Scooby Regular

Go see the mapper in person, let him know ur not too happy about the work done on the car, see if he can resolve the situation if not go to a another mapper and expose the mapper to us all because im interested in knowing who it is!!!
Old 17 March 2009, 08:59 PM
lovinmescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KareenaBaby
to answer your questions the mapper didnt offer to restore the original map nor did he offer a refund in the time frame. the mapper was the one who instructed me to adjust the avcr.

why should i cut my losses for? if some has not done the job as it should be done then i have the right to stand my ground and make sure the problem is resloved. if not then i am entitled to be compensated!
So go take it to your mapper and tell/ask him/her to sort it and stay till they do, take them in the car and show them. Tell them your not happy!!!

Old 17 March 2009, 09:25 PM
S3TH
Scooby Regular

As its a version 3 have you had an aftermarket ECU fitted? an apexi power fc perhaps?

This can be set so that the CEL light flashes up when knock is detected. I certainly wouldnt drive your hard or even better 'on boost' until you get this resolved.
Old 17 March 2009, 09:35 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

yes thats right the power fc ecu, after the remap, next day basically i was out with the car on the motorway as i would step on the gas to over take the engine light would come on. i spoke to my mapper about this and told it may be a bad batch of fuel so i thought fair enough. so of i went to do a full tank thinking it would solve but no improvements.
Old 17 March 2009, 09:35 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

yes thats right the power fc ecu, after the remap, next day basically i was out with the car on the motorway as i would step on the gas to over take the engine light would come on. i spoke to my mapper about this and told it may be a bad batch of fuel so i thought fair enough. so of i went to do a full tank thinking it would solve but no improvements.

im fed up of keep on making kourneys to resolve this.
Old 17 March 2009, 09:47 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

Originally Posted by jonboy0373
I would take it to another "Reputable mapper" find and rectify all faults with a complete report detailing ALL Failings with the Re-Map you had done. I would then take legal action (providing the mapper who provides the report will stand by his report in court). Small claims action
that is going to be my last last solution, but i would prefer it could be solved smoothly.
Old 17 March 2009, 09:47 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

Originally Posted by jonboy0373
that is going to be my last solution, but i would prefer it could be solved smoothly.
Old 17 March 2009, 09:51 PM
RETRO_AL
Scooby Regular

You need to take the car and be firm with them,or get a solicitor to write them a nice letter,they will soon be ringing you to get it sorted
Old 17 March 2009, 09:53 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The car sounds like it is over fuelling, detting and 1.6 bar is asking to wreck the blades on your VF23

Banny
Old 17 March 2009, 09:59 PM
tow13
Scooby Regular

sounds to me your mapper is talking crap and blaming your duty surely he should have mapped your cars pfc and pos adjusted your avcr to work with each other.If you have been asked to adjust the duty yourself surely this will tell u the car has not been mapped properly at all and back to the bad batch of fuel ha ha the tit.....I would speak to the best mappers known in the subaru scene to ask there opinion(most r always glad to help)DONT DRIVE IT LIKE U STOLE IT drive off boost otherwise it could be an engine your looking at.
Old 17 March 2009, 10:16 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by KareenaBaby

why should i cut my losses for? !

Cause if you don't it will cost you in possible repair bills and nothing will come of it apart from you being even more out of pocket. Compensation will never happen!

Quick Reply: Car running poor since remap!