Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tricked up WRX or STI type UK

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2002, 12:19 AM
GATSO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats the word good bad or ugly,Worth the wait or not.Or stick to what you know and improve on it?
Old 27 February 2002, 08:45 AM
Joseph
Scooby Regular

Worth the wait.
The sti with the same power as a tricked uk will drive rings around it.
J.
Old 27 February 2002, 09:41 AM
Louise
Scooby Regular

Definetly worth the wait. The tricked up WRX will never be as good.(unless of course you spend a fortune). I test drove the WRX with the prodrive kit and decided not to get it. Wasn't that impressed.

Also don't forget that the STI has Limited Slip Differential, WRX does not.

STI is a bargin.(she says desperatly wanting one)

Old 27 February 2002, 10:50 AM
Beech Boy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Not only worth the wait!
but as a dealer in UK Scoobies, i can inform you that delivery isnt as long as you might think!
If you want a prodrive version, then I can supply one for April Delivery. if interested please ring Gavin on 0115-9882958.
Hope this helps....
Old 27 February 2002, 12:43 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

It all depends on your budget. If you can afford an STi then go buy one as it will be better than a modded WRX (depending on how much modding u do of course but we will assume the £4.5k standard price difference).
Old 27 February 2002, 12:57 PM
GATSO
Scooby Regular

Comments superb, I drove a STIUK the other week the car was so new and tight I did not feel the engines bite,the suspension very good though. I have asked for another go when it has done a few more miles and think if it is good, and I dont have to keep killing the engine to get good perfomance, ( 6 speedbox ) then I will see whats about at the time of purchase, ? are there any deals to be had anywhere near you?.....
Old 27 February 2002, 02:14 PM
zilch
Scooby Regular

Test drove a Prodrive STI on saturday, and was able to do a direct comparison to my car (UK300 with PPP)which I drove to the dealers in Aylesbury. Basically it takes off from a lot further down the rev range, where with my car whilst it is great from mid range revs, you still have to drop it to move quick if you are plodding along at low revs. That said, there did not seem much difference in terms of direct acceleration whilst in the mid range area and I believe my PPP package would not be disgraced.

STI was far more pointable and steering far more positive than the standard WRX setup and overall the package felt a whole lot better than my UK300.

Still thinking of trading up, but the figures from Adams of Aylesbury, 6K loss (trade in) seems quite a lot for a 6 month old car. Also the wait, non-prodrive model I was informed would be available in AUGUST.

So if you have the money, why not, but 1600 for a PPP upgrade is not a bad investment to get somewhere near it.

Cheers

jim
Old 27 February 2002, 05:12 PM
Davej_Smith
Scooby Regular

Talking

I now have an STI7 on order (June delivery quoted), I have a standard MY00 Turbo and although boost starts much lower than the STI, I found the STI had slightly more top end urge once on boost, since the car had only done 500 miles I would expect it to be a little bit quicker than my car once loosened up.

As for tricking up a WRX you would have to spend much more than the cost of a new Sti to have comparable performance, braking etc and then you would still not have the front diff.
Old 27 February 2002, 05:49 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Once the STi's have put some proper miles on them (like 8000 miles), the WRX + PPP's will be no where near them!!!!!! And that's a standard STi.

After you've added the obligatory Full Decat Exhaust, it'll be night and day (but I'd want to at least change the springs and brakes (and probably anti-lift too))

STi all the way

Matt