Sponsored by:

Marlborough of Isleworth - JD Power my ar$e2

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2001, 02:08 PM
Andy-D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

As you may have read previously I took my car to the above dealer as I was having a hesitation problem. When I picked the car up I continued to have the hesitation problem PLUS a new very bad vibration through the steering wheel after driving 1 metre out the dealership. The dealer did not want to know about the vibration problem, which certainly was not present in my 6-month-old car when I dropped it off at their premises. They deny all knowledge and after checking it over again said there was nothing wrong and stated they would 'leave my car on the street' if I didn't pick it up.
Nothing wrong, then why have I got a buckled alloy wheel sitting in my kitchen that I have replaced, still have the vibration problem and am in the process of changing my windscreen that now has a stress crack in it which appears to have been caused by the body of the car flexing.
I am astounded that a main Subaru dealer has let a customer with a complaint like this go away unhappy. I have spoken to the Service Manager and Dealer Principle but they don't seem to understand that I am actually not trying to blag a free alloy after pissing about last weekend dropping my car off, them not giving me a courtesy car and me having a nightmare getting to work. Then arranging a new screen, getting a new wheel, contacting International Motors to complain, being talked to like dirt by the dealership etc etc and generally wasting my time picking up the pieces of a problem they caused and are not willing to put their hand up to. I am now planning on going to the automobile arbitrators and if no joy then the small claims court. I have contacted watchdog, AutoExpress magazine, AA and if I manage to cause them half the inconvenience and stress they have caused me then it will be a result.
JD Power No 1, bull$hit as far as these guys are concerned. All the above is in my pissed off opinion and I really hope you guys never have to go through $hit like this.
This is the first time I have ever had to complain about a garage, I have a car that I had to wait 6 months to get into and these guys turn it into a nightmare after having the car for 48 hours...and then play deaf dumb and blind.
Old 05 February 2001, 03:03 PM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Andy

That sucks !
Give them as much hassle as you can be bothered to.

DJ
Old 05 February 2001, 03:49 PM
Andy-D
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

DJ,

Cheers mate, I must admit this has really got to me now. It's been going on for a couple of weeks and I have had enough but don't think it's right that they should get away with it, it will probably then just happen again to another poor sod like me who trust thier pride and joy to these guys. I've given them plenty of chances for a civil courteous response but just didn't get one. A little customer service would have gone along way.
Old 05 February 2001, 04:06 PM
Kempo
Scooby Regular

Andy
Sorry to hear that they are still being @r$es!

How did it go at Tyres N on saturday?
(it was my Magnex)

Paul
Old 05 February 2001, 05:41 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

I think this whole JD Power Survey is an example of the Emperors new clothes. I believed the hype that Subaru Dealers were the best until I actually experienced them for myself. Fiat were voted the worst dealers in the JD Power survey but when we put my girlfriends Punto in to be serviced we were offered a courtesy car (Brand new Punto) without even being asked for free. When I put my Impreza (Which costs 3 times more than the Punto) in for a service I have never been offered a courtesy car and when I have asked for one it's along the lines of "Haven't got one free until the middle of next month".
Old 05 February 2001, 06:02 PM
Luke
BANNED

Andy

Fight all the way. Had new clutch and fly wheel changed by "Simpsons " of swindon.
I will say that they did do a good job
and I was happy .But the car they gave me was some Korean "thigamegig" that scared the **** out of me !!! Also if they had been a bit more interested they could have had 3k£ more work. Now I would much rather give the money to "Powerstation " and like.

Make them aware of this Topic .fax them updates every day.Also send copies to "Top Dog" at Subaru UK

Luke
Old 05 February 2001, 06:37 PM
Andy-D
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

The thing is that I have had the car serviced at the dealership a couple of times and had no problems, a courtesy car provided and all very pleasant, I even, dare I say it now, recommended them!

How quickly things change and how naive I was to think paying top price for an oil change service guaranteed me that my car would be looked after and to expect a certain level of customer service.

Anyone know of any other motor magazines or customer associations that maybe able to help?
Old 05 February 2001, 07:22 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need to threaten - and then carry through - some legal action.

The dealers must have got the JD Power top slot from most of you on here?

I have dealt with Simpsons of Swindon for servicing (the 1000 mile freebie) they missed the fact that the handbrake was mal-adjusted ...... a very nice Sales Team and service area, but I didnt go back for my 7500miler. Mill Lane Engineering now have all my service work. Sparshatts - are in a different ballgame altogether!!!!! I will leave you all to think of how highly I rate thier sales team!! ( I DIDNT buy my car there!!) All of this is in my humble opinion of course and doesnt reflect the views held gennerally by members of this BB etc etc etc - does that get me off the hook moderator?? or do names need removing??

Go get 'em Andy!!

Pete
Old 05 February 2001, 08:14 PM
mully
Scooby Regular

Andy D,

Sorry to hear about this, and I know how frustrating these things can be.

May I suggest that you go to the General Manager of "Marlborough of Isleworth", and inform him that you have aired your views on this BBS, or even show him, (I'm sure he's connected to the internet) the response you have received. This particular Subaru agency has a huge catchment area, and they probably dont want their name tarnishig, or branded "inadequate and incompetent", and riding on the back of other dealers excellent, well earned reputations.

In return for a satisfactory conclusion you will be only too pleased to tell our ever expanding Scoobynet Community (4,600+ members)of the excellent and acceptible level of service you have received in keeping with the usual Subaru standards.

Just a thought.

Otherwise you could go round there and enquire about how he intends to pick his teeth up off the floor with broken fingers!!!
( I wouldn't do that)

Shaun
Old 05 February 2001, 08:19 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

JD powers is all bollox.
It`s eay to pick up awards for greatness when cars don`t go wrong but it appears to me that when you have a problem,and I think I have quite a big one, customer care is non existant as the dealers just ar`nt used to seeing problems.......and Prodrive well dont start me off now.
Oh Mike I`m sure youre reading this and yes I`m still waiting for my customer care phone call.
Old 05 February 2001, 10:35 PM
Andy-D
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Firstly, thanks for your support guys, its nice to know I am not alone and not the only guy ever to complain about a Subaru dealer which is the way I have been portrayed by this dealer.

I know it's all too easy to complain and only remember the problems that we have with dealers. But I still just can't believe that these guys let customers walk away fuming and really don't seem to care. Surely they know we are not just going to accept ****-ups and walk away with our tails between our legs. We all have to pay hard earned money for these cars and we don't mind spending money to keep them on the road and in good condition. We all know accidents and mistakes happen, but trying to cover them up and letting the customer carry the can isn't on. I'll see what IM say tomorrow as they are 'helping' me out. All this could have so easily been avoided though, a little customer service and I'd have been back - shame really.