Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got pulled

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2009, 12:42 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dump valves illegal? Tasteless and pointless, but not illegal. Id suggest that you spend a little time finding out exactly where you stand and what they can and cant do. I wouldnt let an ignorant police officer test my car with a soundmeter from Maplin whilst the other revs the **** off it.....
Old 19 February 2009, 12:42 PM
darms
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a joke!

Good job you go their badge numbers mate - I'd complain!
Old 19 February 2009, 01:09 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

'Badge numbers'? You mean their collar numbers. American police officers may have an identifying number on their 'badge': British police officers carry a warrant card and theyre identified by their collar numbers. Youve been watching too much television.....
Old 19 February 2009, 01:16 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

typical traffic plod obviously nothing better to do today,no wonder people have no time for the jumped up *****.
Old 19 February 2009, 01:22 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

so true traffic police just look for any reason to do you..

my friend in his bmw , completely standard following my mate in his scoob.. normal convoy, nice and calm ..

and both cars pulled, did scooby for same things as you, loud exhaust blah blah etc.

couldnt do anything with the beamer as it was standard so said, o your tints are illegal!

he's like wtf, its standard came from the factory like that.. he wasnt having ti and told my mate to rip them off my mate luahged and said look if you can rip those tints off you can have the car!

copper tried.. copper failed lol, he left and said you need your glass changing.. ********
Old 19 February 2009, 01:51 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Your exhaust will be illegal i'm afraid. You've asked about a 'friendly' MOT station so despite the attitude (which can suck) I would be counting myself lucky not to have a ticket or a rectification order!

I have an aftermarket exhaust too and i know that i could easily get done for it, plates aren't legal either but if i did get stopped i'd just have to suck it up.

Aberdeen Police have done people for having the Prodrive box that came from Subaru as part of the PPP!

5t.
Old 19 February 2009, 01:53 PM
scoobian
Scooby Regular

whenever I get into a 'discussion' with jobsworths (office peeps, police, whatever) I ALWAYS start the voice recorder on my phone first

never had to use the recording yet, but I wouldnt be happy putting up with ****e like that for no reason

and it happens too often
....though I am in no way inferring that all cops/officials are like this......there are always bad apples that give the whole barrel a bad name
Old 19 February 2009, 01:54 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

There isnt a defined noise limit. They can only take action against people whose later cars have this noted on their registration. Even then two muppets with a cheap decibel meter cant actually establish anything. Im aware of one such instance where a similar exhaust was 'checked' (by the aforementioned muppets) and managed a reading which was greater than Concorde taking off, but slightly less than a nuclear explosion. One muppet ragged the throttle whilst the second muppet puched the sensor inot the tailpipe.....
Old 19 February 2009, 02:04 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Connor_scotland
He seemed the type "If he could of done me he would" so i dont see why he didnt give me tickets etc

Im not joking my magnex system is VERY quiet. Not much of a rumble off it either.

O'well im not going to worry myself about it. I wont be changing my exhaust either.

What do you mean by "You've asked about a 'friendly' MOT station "
Mine too chap. Very quiet but have a look through the old threads on here, even the PPP exhaust being done. Basically an offence to change it to anything than an OEM system. If it is louder than standard then they can do you i'm afraid. Even if they haven't got a clue what they are doing as GC8 says...

Apologies for the MOT bit. Thought you'd asked in the Scotland section about getting the car through an MOT. It wasn't you (just checked) so accept the apologies on that one.

I would still say if he was a "I'll do you if i can" type then he would have. Since he hasn't feel relieved.

Had the same thing last time i got stopped. Bad news living in Falkirk and driving a Scoob one the crooozin nights. Left the front fogs on as i'd driven through horrific rain the last time i'd had the car out and forgotten to switch them off (and i mean 60mph max on motorway rain).

Got stopepd for that, threatened with a fine etc etc, total bad cop good cop routine. It was basically an excuse to check my license and insurance etc so they did nothing in the end and i got the same 'friendly warning'

5t.
Old 19 February 2009, 02:08 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I didnt think it was: not after you took my 'get some biscuits in and I'll build your car' joke so well...
Old 19 February 2009, 02:08 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Connor_scotland
He seemed the type "If he could of done me he would" so i dont see why he didnt give me tickets etc

Im not joking my magnex system is VERY quiet. Not much of a rumble off it either.

O'well im not going to worry myself about it. I wont be changing my exhaust either.

What do you mean by "You've asked about a 'friendly' MOT station "
Decat probably....
Old 19 February 2009, 02:10 PM
sammydice
Scooby Regular

What colour is your car ? Was the Jeep a different colour ?

I bought a car from a TC about 6 years ago apparently they play car snooker when they are bored - Ie they have to nick a red car then a yellow one then a red one but they swap the black and pink around because Pink are rarer or were at the time...

Could just be **** and Bull but that what the guy told...

Ian
Old 19 February 2009, 02:12 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

The car attracts enough attention as it is. With illegal plates it's just asking for it. I don't see the point myself, glad you're changing them.

I've been reading that the police up north are hunting down the aftermarket exhaust cars.
Old 19 February 2009, 02:18 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobian
whenever I get into a 'discussion' with jobsworths (office peeps, police, whatever) I ALWAYS start the voice recorder on my phone first

never had to use the recording yet, but I wouldnt be happy putting up with ****e like that for no reason

and it happens too often
....though I am in no way inferring that all cops/officials are like this......there are always bad apples that give the whole barrel a bad name
Be careful with this. Wouldn't want to give them an excuse to give you 3 points and £60 fine for using your phone at the wheel
Old 19 February 2009, 02:23 PM
New_scooby_04

Mate, you probably got pulled cause you're a young guy in a nice car!

You're a decent, respectable fella with a nice car, but think what proportion of people they pull over ending up being some mouthy young ***** in a performance car with dubious mods.

Not excusing their bad behaviour; they should be judging things case by case basis, not just steaming in there with everyone under 30 who happens to own a decent car. The point is: they're human, they make spurious assumptions, they over-generalise, they have bad days, but there are good uns out there too and we shouldn't write them all off!

ALWAYS be nice and friendly too them: you'd be amazed how this can affect an almost instant change in attitude. If it doesn't, well, at least it wasn't you who was being a git!

Ns04
Old 19 February 2009, 02:24 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by psigeek
Be careful with this. Wouldn't want to give them an excuse to give you 3 points and £60 fine for using your phone at the wheel
I can just see the police asking questions as your driving by the side of them
Old 19 February 2009, 02:31 PM
ze4s
Scooby Regular

Not surprised by there attitude. Even the normal coppers cant stand there traffic police colleagues
Old 19 February 2009, 02:44 PM
Stevo210
Scooby Regular

I feel for you mate, a few years ago I was stopped for dazzling a copper with my full beam. Pulled me over said that I had my fog lights on. I had a 106gti and the lower 'Driving' lights are wired into the main beam.
He accused me of tampering with the wiring, even went under the dash to try and find a switch that I had used to turn them on. He spouted some measurements which related to the laws on heights of driving lamps and said that no factory would produce a car with them that low......eh?

His attitude was appauling and to boot he was wearing a black hoodie, covering his collar numbers. I only got his number because it was written on the ticket he issued me with!!!! £30 fine for 'Unnecessary dazzle - Fog Lights.'

I sent a letter explaining what had happened to his superior officer explaining I would not be paying, along with a headed letter from Peugeot explaining I had not tampered with the lights in any way and in fact they were factory standard Driving Lamps, not Fog Lights!!

3 weeks later I received a visit from said superior office at my home who apologised for all the upset and hassle that had been caused.

Power to the driver

Last edited by Stevo210; 19 February 2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 19 February 2009, 02:47 PM
Pete type r
Scooby Regular

I got stopped for driving too slow

He said I was doing 30km in a 60km zone , yea coming up to the traffic lights - fools.

Last edited by Pete type r; 19 February 2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 19 February 2009, 03:00 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the flip side, the police in my hometown are sound. Ive never had any problems with them to do with my car. I would go and say they are a bit on the soft side when it comes to the impreza as a few of them have got them themselves.

The only time Ive got pulled over, as the copper just wanted a look around the car. I also get a wave everytime im out in the car from the local patrol cars.

( or maybe its just that Ive got 4 family members in the force and im trying to get in aswell)

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 19 February 2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 19 February 2009, 03:06 PM
rezaP1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pete type r
I got stopped for driving too slow

He said I was doing 30k in a 60k zone , yea coming up to the traffic lights - fools.
He stopped you for doing 30,000 in a 60,000 zone ...?? were you piloting the 'USS Enterprise' by any chance ? ... just kidding mate

Quick Reply: Got pulled