Sponsored by:

re-build nightmare HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2009, 08:02 PM
ginge2719
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry re-build nightmare HELP PLEASE!

hey guys looking for some advice...... i had my sti v2 ra rebuilt a few months back it took them almost 2 months to do at a cost of 2200 2 weeks later i heard a low knocking noise from the engine.... i drove the car home as slow as i could and got the garage to pick it back up. This was over three months ago....they claimed the engine had 4 bent rods in it and they were checking the turbo and injectors...both turned out to be fine and i was told the engine would be re-built under warranty and i would just have to pay for the new rods wich i found fair. after 2 promised completion dates sailing by without even a hint of the car being anywere near ready i started to get quite f****d off with them. I was then promised the car bak up and running by tommorow i foned today to arrange for a freind to collect the car as im in the army and cant just take random days off work. They informed me the engine wasnt even back together yet and wasn't going to be ready for some time...they then informed me i had a bill of atleast 1000 pounds to settle! what can i do apart from take it on the chin and pay? i was told this was a warranty rebuild if i would have known i was paying again i would have gone elsewere can someone please advise me on what to do as i have the money for it but that was my ecu fund and i dont want to part with it!
Old 09 February 2009, 08:06 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What actually went wrong? (rods don't just bend)
Who's doing the work?

Sounds like you need to go there, or get someone to check it out in your place see the state of the car. If it's not even close to being together, get it out of there.
Old 09 February 2009, 08:09 PM
Mrchips
Scooby Regular

I'd find out what this £1000 is for, seems like these guys are messing you about.
Old 09 February 2009, 08:11 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also seems like they don't know what they're doing. Bit of a kick in the c*nt for a guy serving his country.
Old 09 February 2009, 08:12 PM
Floodboy
Scooby Regular

sounds like their muggin you off mate.

If ur in the army, surly a little visit from you and couple of mates will speed things up, whilst reducing the bill
Old 09 February 2009, 08:14 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

defnatly need to see them face to face, or at least someone on your behalf.....
Old 09 February 2009, 08:21 PM
ginge2719
Scooby Regular

they keep telling me that it has took water in and thats what bent the rods but i no for a fact i havnt being through any puddles or anything like that...they say they have 4 bent rods in a box to prove it but anyone could have four bent rods in a box how do i prove there not from my car / they prove they are? its at b&h autokraft in donny they were recomended to me by a reputable guy who i wont name for obviouse reasons aparantley the 1000 is for labour fitting and removal and gaskets? seals etc but surely that should come under the warranty.... seriousley tempted to go down and sort it my own way but thats not going to get me my pride and joy back is it!
Old 09 February 2009, 08:41 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

youd have bent valves and allsorts if itd have sucked water up, and youd have to have pretty much submerged your air filter, doesnt do it with just a bit of spray on a k&n or whatever

sound like cowboys, go get your car back, pay em for the rods like you said you would and take it somewhere else.
Old 09 February 2009, 08:51 PM
Mark Mac
Scooby Regular

Ginge,
Just done a quick credit check on Uk Data Ltd and the company B&H Autokraft is showing dissolved.
Sounds Bad Pal.........
Old 09 February 2009, 08:57 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Go there with a trailer. Take what is left of your car to somewhere recommended on here and chalk it down it down to one of those things. Just get the car back no matter what. When these things go bad its never going to get better and you need to get the thing in your posession not theirs - if you get funny over the phone you don't know what they are doing to it.

No warning, no calls, turn up with a trailer and take the car away there and then. Call the police if you have to to ensure they don't all gang up on you.

Get the car fixed and when you got time go find them and f*ck them up. If they get the police involved just deny it nothing will come of it.

Good luck.
Old 09 February 2009, 09:43 PM
Mark Mac
Scooby Regular

Ginge,
Is this the one where they ground the crank!!!!
Or an I getting mixed up.
Either way you need to get what's left of your car back.
If they are insolvent they won't give a flying f*ck about the legal side of this.
If you can print out their insolvent when the police turn up and they will. You can prove they should not be trading and you will be in a stronger position.
Go down in force and when the police arrive THEY will be in the stronger position.
Be cute until you have the car back, after that it's time not to be so cute.
Old 09 February 2009, 09:49 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EddScott
Go there with a trailer. Take what is left of your car to somewhere recommended on here and chalk it down it down to one of those things. Just get the car back no matter what. When these things go bad its never going to get better and you need to get the thing in your posession not theirs - if you get funny over the phone you don't know what they are doing to it.

No warning, no calls, turn up with a trailer and take the car away there and then. Call the police if you have to to ensure they don't all gang up on you.

Get the car fixed and when you got time go find them and f*ck them up. If they get the police involved just deny it nothing will come of it.

Good luck.
+1. Car back at all costs.
Old 09 February 2009, 10:01 PM
Pete STI Type r
Scooby Newbie

Tell them your sister works for local paper and she WILL write a story on this rip off! they will **** it.
Old 09 February 2009, 10:12 PM
stistussy
Scooby Regular

borrow at tank from the barracks and tow your car home.if they get funny with you blow the f**kers away.
Old 09 February 2009, 10:26 PM
ginge2719
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the advice guys ive taken it all on board.. managed to wangle my self a day off friday so going down first thing friday morning with a van and trailer and taking the lot back shouldnt be too hard as there was only a few guys working there last time i went. decided to be as nice as i can bare to be untill i have the car back and running then going to see about getting some off my money back afterwards Once again thanks to everyone whos posted there advice it is appreciated
Old 10 February 2009, 07:41 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

the water in the engine is a load of bol**cks, i used to have the k+n typhoon on my car and was on my way to scoobyclinic where you have to go over like a little stream to get to them.got stuck in the middle of it cos the car had sucked up that much water it had cranked the engine solid.they had to tow me up in the end and they must have taken nearly 2 litres of water from my engine,my intercooler was just full.after about an hour of cleaning it out the car fired up and away i went, the engine showed no problems at all.
Old 10 February 2009, 09:36 PM
ginge2719
Scooby Regular

the more i think about it the more there story sounds like a full on load of b*****x! Ive worked on challenger 2 main battle tanks for over 6 years now and have seen tanks nearly fully submerged in fjords etc and run fine after a quick drain. I wish there was some way to make sure this dosnt happen to anyone else on here but i dont know how i can hardley put a thread on here saying avoid *&* autokraft there a bunch of over charging skanking clueless f*****s without getting told off can i! anyway theres a light at the end of the tunnel ive managed to get a good bottom end from a freind of a freind to put me on while i get my origional re built? balanced etc so should be flying about any time within the next week hopefully
Old 10 February 2009, 09:43 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pete STI Type r
Tell them your sister works for local paper and she WILL write a story on this rip off! they will **** it.
They have gont to the wall pall, this empty threat wont do **** all to help the man.
Also, to be fair, of all the reputable journos I know (that'll just be 2 then ) neither of them would entertain a private vendetta through their paper.
Old 10 February 2009, 11:38 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blimey !!

I'm up here in cumbria and I've not got an Atlas to hand but are you anywhere near Pennine Subaru ?

Pennine Subaru, Garage Services in Hebden Bridge - ThomsonLocal.com

They have a good rep on here

Hope it all works out

Shaun
Old 11 February 2009, 07:28 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Blimey !!

I'm up here in cumbria and I've not got an Atlas to hand but are you anywhere near Pennine Subaru ?

Pennine Subaru, Garage Services in Hebden Bridge - ThomsonLocal.com

They have a good rep on here

Hope it all works out

Shaun
hmm i could say different to that.just had nothing but trouble for the past 9 months with pennine,infact when this thread was first posted up i thought it was pennine he was talking about as i sounds very familier.
Old 11 February 2009, 06:37 PM
chris-RB5
Scooby Regular

If you do manage to get the car back ginge, i'd give paul at sheffield subaru service a ring, he's on with my V5 type r rebuild at the moment.

Sheffield Subaru Service
Old 11 February 2009, 07:44 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ianm1983
youd have bent valves and allsorts if itd have sucked water up, and youd have to have pretty much submerged your air filter, doesnt do it with just a bit of spray on a k&n or whatever
Not true. Bent rods only if you had water in as it would only cause enough force to bend the rods when both valves are closed and its under compression. Also the water toesn't need to have come from the outside.. if the head gaskets leaked over night for example they could fill the cylinders with water and you could bend them on startup..

Also you can hydrolock your engine on fuel too

Still.. they should do the work for you!