Sponsored by:

Used Newage STI Prices

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2009, 06:24 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used Newage STI Prices

I have just had a look at the Parkers Price Guide on line and the prices of used cars are a lot lower than I can find a car for
Is the guide way off or are people just holding out hoping the used market picks up.
Here are the prices it says for average 60,000mile cars.

02 STI Good condition Private sale £5290
02 STI Prodrive Good condition Private sale £5950
03 STI Good Condition Private sale £7065
Old 07 February 2009, 06:28 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I use WISEBUYERS price guide .... it is pretty much spot-on .... Parkers are crap, to be honest!
Old 07 February 2009, 06:32 PM
172sport
Scooby Regular

Glass guide is what you want, its what the trade use
Old 07 February 2009, 06:33 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Just done a check for you:-

Subaru Impreza (2000-)
4Dr Saloon 2.0 WRX STi (Revised 2003)
2003/53
with 50,000 miles
Average Mileage: 40,000
Price New: £25,013
Insurance Group: 19

Retail: £6,785

Private Good: £5,935

Private Average: £5,265

Private Poor: £4,695

Part Exchange: £5,625

Trade: £5,364
Old 07 February 2009, 06:34 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Just because people are asking more doesn't mean they ever get it - like houses, vendors are sometimes willing to hold-on.

Desperate sellers have to abide by the rules of supply and demand.
Old 07 February 2009, 06:46 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
Just done a check for you:-

Subaru Impreza (2000-)
4Dr Saloon 2.0 WRX STi (Revised 2003)
2003/53
with 50,000 miles
Average Mileage: 40,000
Price New: £25,013
Insurance Group: 19

Retail: £6,785

Private Good: £5,935

Private Average: £5,265

Private Poor: £4,695

Part Exchange: £5,625

Trade: £5,364
So even thats saying £6k max (Private) for a 03 blob STI but you cant find any around for that. £7.5k is the lowest I can find and thats £1k less that its up for some people are asking 10k
Anybody got access to glass?

Last edited by rbaz; 07 February 2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07 February 2009, 07:29 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

No not 2003, says revised in 2003.

HTH

dunx

P.S. I haven't seen one with sensible mileage below £6500
Old 07 February 2009, 08:03 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
No not 2003, says revised in 2003.

HTH

dunx

P.S. I haven't seen one with sensible mileage below £6500
Revised 2003 means its the newer 2003 car thats been revised.
Old 08 February 2009, 10:07 AM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Can anybody here with access to Glass let me know what 02 Prodrive and 03 STIs are down as?
Thanks
Old 08 February 2009, 10:29 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

The car, not the value, it's £6K for a 2000 on, not a 2003 model

IYSWIM

dunx
Old 08 February 2009, 10:46 AM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

The car, not the value, it's £6K for a 2000 on, not a 2003 model

IYSWIM

dunx
You are wrong a 2000 is down as £4910 good private sale.
The revised 2003 means just that its the 2003 model take a look for yourself on the site WiseBuyer's Guides - Subaru Impreza (2000-) mileage adjusted used car prices
Old 08 February 2009, 11:31 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

for glasses search use Vauxhall and click the value my car tab

I even think glasses is currently wrong on PX prices.

Also alot of dealers use that GAP system for auction prices to value cars.
Old 08 February 2009, 12:04 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

humble apologies, it's all boll*cks really, imho.

It's down to market/condition at the time, a tidy car with low miles will make more, but only worth what you will pay for it.

Dealers have got to be hurting, stock sat is no use to them.

Make a low offer and smile.

dunx

LOL, Says mine's worth £6K, I spent that on it last year !

Last edited by dunx; 08 February 2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08 February 2009, 12:23 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Yeah I think they are fetching much more than any of the guides say I have just offered somebody £6700 for a low mileage 02 Prodrive but didn’t get an answer so I guess that a no
I have been offered a 03 STI for £7500 so maybe go for that just a bit more money that I have right now I hate to borrow money
Old 08 February 2009, 12:47 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Just had a trawl on PH and one up at six grand was gone a.s.a.p.

dunx
Old 08 February 2009, 02:21 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

humble apologies, it's all boll*cks really, imho.

It's down to market/condition at the time, a tidy car with low miles will make more, but only worth what you will pay for it.
agree completely, what a load of old **** these valuation sites are wisebuyers, lol.

mine apparently is only worth 7.5k was offered 3 grand more than that just last weekend. what a crock of crap.

don't see people selling V5/6 sti's for 4k so how can a 5 year newer car be worth the same money?

sorry to say it but there's some daft ***** on this site.

Last edited by hoskib; 08 February 2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08 February 2009, 02:27 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
sorry to say it but there's some daft ***** on this site.
What do you mean by this
I was asking a question not stating what things are worth.
Old 08 February 2009, 03:04 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rbaz
What do you mean by this
I was asking a question not stating what things are worth.
that wasn't aimed at you mate you're finding out what most people are finding, valuation sites are very misleading to what the market value is.

for example try finding a tommi mak evo 6 for within 4 grand what a valuation site/glasses/parkers will tell you what its worth. if you paid what they recomend you'll have the doggiest piece of crap going, yet some people will dig their heels in and say that's all it's worth.

funny old game
Old 08 February 2009, 04:52 PM
icarus1859
Scooby Regular

Location: Work in Caribbean, live in the Lake District when I'm not here.

that wasn't aimed at you mate you're finding out what most people are finding, valuation sites are very misleading to what the market value is.

for example try finding a tommi mak evo 6 for within 4 grand what a valuation site/glasses/parkers will tell you what its worth. if you paid what they recomend you'll have the doggiest piece of crap going, yet some people will dig their heels in and say that's all it's worth.

funny old game
Because its a niche market well looked after examples may fetch more but the reality is the guide prices aren't that far off.

Your white Impreza will obviously fetch a premium, because its rare (and very nice), if it was a standard blue car then you'd be lucky to get much more than guide price if you were trading it in - thats if you could find a garage to take it in part-ex as most garages aren't interested in them because they know they'll be stuck with them unless they let them go for peanuts.

The fact that its a buyers market means very nice examples at reasonable prices are still being bought, but at no where near the prices enthusiasts would have you believe, holding onto a car now expecting the price to rise is a false economy.
I gurantee prices will fall as things get worse, you haven't even seen the proper effects of the recession yet, just the fringes of it while the government try to offset the damage...and thats not even counting the rise in tax, fuel and insurance this year.

I'm looking for another car atm, I have cash to spend, I've enquired about a few cars and every single one has knocked a grand off the price before I've even been to view them, and I've seen the same cars in adverts for the last few months, not selling.
To be honest I'm reluctant to part with any cash this side of April, why pay 14k for a car now that will be worth 10k in less than 6 months.

Of course I could be talking rubbish and no doubt someone will be along to tell me so...but whats the betting I'm driving another STI soon for 4k less than I would have paid before Christmas.
Old 08 February 2009, 04:56 PM
icarus1859
Scooby Regular

for example try finding a tommi mak evo 6 for within 4 grand what a valuation site/glasses/parkers will tell you what its worth.
Try selling one for what you think its worth and see how far you get.
Xtreme sold an Evo 8 GSR with 24k miles for eight grand last week! Their prices are normally high but you can only sell for what people are willing to buy at.

Not having a go fella, just countering your argument with how things are atm.
I could advertise my car for 20k, doesn't mean I'd get anywhere near that price.
Old 08 February 2009, 05:23 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

no, fair comments icarus it's an odd one with cars at the mo, i'm being offered the same price for mine now as i was in oct. but i know what you're saying about a more common colour.

just winds me up a bit when people allways bang on about a buyers market, car enthusiasts are a funny lot and will find the money to get the car they really want.
not saying it's not a shrinking market, that's pretty obvious. it's just not as dead as people make out.

an evo 8 really went for that?? if i'd known that i would have sold up in a heartbeat last week!
or was it fecked?

Last edited by hoskib; 08 February 2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08 February 2009, 05:47 PM
icarus1859
Scooby Regular

no, fair comments icarus it's an odd one with cars at the mo, i'm being offered the same price for mine now as i was in oct. but i know what you're saying about a more common colour.

just winds me up a bit when people allways bang on about a buyers market, car enthusiasts are a funny lot and will find the money to get the car they really want.
not saying it's not a shrinking market, that's pretty obvious. it's just not as dead as people make out.

an evo 8 really went for that?? if i'd known that i would have sold up in a heartbeat last week!
or was it fecked?

No mate, it was spot-on, Xtreme won't sell a bad motor will they, reputation at stake.
I was actually all set for buying it myself, but I'm abroad and the project here is running over schedule, so my vacation has been delayed until 15th Feb. I came within a wisker of paying for it over the phone without even seeing it but decided to wait.
They also sold a 2007 WRX with low miles for 8k the same weekend.

What you say about car enthusiasts is exactly right, and thats why its always worth hanging on a bit for the right buyer, but unless you've got something a bit special then there is nothing to make them stand out from the dozens of other cars for sale, and with salesmen not reaching targets and jobs being lost you can bet they'll be willing to haggle, even selling at cost just to move them on.

That then has a knock on for private sales.

In a nutshell if you can afford to keep your car then by all means keep it, you've nothing to gain by selling now. If you do need to sell now then better to let it go a bit cheaper and get a sale rather than have it sitting for months losing more money.

I'll just wait until I see the right motor at the right price, I'm not out to rob anyone but I'll only keep it a year and then change again so I'm not going to rob myself either because at the end of this year things will be worse still.
Old 08 February 2009, 05:54 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by icarus1859
No mate, it was spot-on, Xtreme won't sell a bad motor will they, reputation at stake.
I was actually all set for buying it myself, but I'm abroad and the project here is running over schedule, so my vacation has been delayed until 15th Feb. I came within a wisker of paying for it over the phone without even seeing it but decided to wait.
They also sold a 2007 WRX with low miles for 8k the same weekend.

What you say about car enthusiasts is exactly right, and thats why its always worth hanging on a bit for the right buyer, but unless you've got something a bit special then there is nothing to make them stand out from the dozens of other cars for sale, and with salesmen not reaching targets and jobs being lost you can bet they'll be willing to haggle, even selling at cost just to move them on.

That then has a knock on for private sales.

In a nutshell if you can afford to keep your car then by all means keep it, you've nothing to gain by selling now. If you do need to sell now then better to let it go a bit cheaper and get a sale rather than have it sitting for months losing more money.

I'll just wait until I see the right motor at the right price, I'm not out to rob anyone but I'll only keep it a year and then change again so I'm not going to rob myself either because at the end of this year things will be worse still.
blimey, sensible outlook there mate. rare thing around here

good luck finding what you're after
Old 08 February 2009, 06:18 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Fools

TX.

I'm looking for another car atm, I have cash to spend, I've enquired about a few cars and every single one has knocked a grand off the price before I've even been to view them ...
Old 08 February 2009, 06:19 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Leave it 10yrs & it'll be a lot less ...

TX.

To be honest I'm reluctant to part with any cash this side of April, why pay 14k for a car now that will be worth 10k in less than 6 months.
Old 08 February 2009, 06:43 PM
markGT
Scooby Regular

Oh yes they will!!! Sold me a crashed damaged EVO VI TME around 3 years ago. They don't give a toss about their reputation, always another punter!!!

Back on topic; Its a buyers market at the moment, I have a MY05 STI PPP for sale in France (thats where I live). If you can find an STI like mine here (PPP pack not an option in France) in good nick (impossible) you'll be paying around 26,000 euros for it. Second hand car prices are very high in France. The STI is a very rare and desirable motor here. I thought I'd put mine up for 15K, it's RHD, French registerd car thats 11K below the market value and because its RHD I havent had a sniff. The car is mint with only 23K on the clock, I need to sell to fund an Exige S, but looks like I may have to keep it.
Old 08 February 2009, 06:54 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

MarkGT, it probably costs less than 11k to convert it to LHD if that's the problem
Old 08 February 2009, 07:32 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markGT
Back on topic; Its a buyers market at the moment, I have a MY05 STI PPP for sale in France (thats where I live). If you can find an STI like mine here (PPP pack not an option in France) in good nick (impossible) you'll be paying around 26,000 euros for it. Second hand car prices are very high in France. The STI is a very rare and desirable motor here. I thought I'd put mine up for 15K, it's RHD, French registerd car thats 11K below the market value and because its RHD I havent had a sniff.
Really I sold my French registered JDM STI V3 for a good price in France and had loads of interest in too.
TBH that’s one of the reasons I wanted as new as possible STI to try sell it on 6 month to a year down the line upgrade again
Old 08 February 2009, 08:41 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Start an import business rbaz !

At those prices I'd finish learning French....

LOL

dunx
Old 08 February 2009, 09:03 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Start an import business rbaz !

At those prices I'd finish learning French....

LOL

dunx
That’s what I had in mind I wouldn’t have got anything like what I did for mine in the UK but it want easy registering a jdm car (IT WAS MINT THO) and I can run it for a while without losing money but the £ is low against the € and I bet it doesn’t last.

Quick Reply: Used Newage STI Prices