Sponsored by:

MIR Motors - Bradford

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2009, 01:30 PM
Phil555
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default MIR Motors - Bradford

Hi all, done a search and not much came back apart from a topic on an STI Version 6 which is still for sale there now.

Car was up for £9K in May 08 with 49K miles.

Search

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-sa...tml?showfull=1

Same car with 49K miles in Feb 09.

Mir Motors

Something not right there

Was after some info if possible.
Anyone had any dealings with this company? I am on the hunt for a good example of Classic STI or Type R and they have a few in stock.

newLayout

Any info would be helpful.

Cheers,

Phil.
Old 07 February 2009, 01:53 PM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None of their cars have full service history, or rather they do not state this in any ad for any car they are selling, neither do they have/state they have the Jap auction certificate.

I emailed them 3 days ago requesting this information and they have not as yet responded to my email. Plus I wonder why nearly all there cars for sale have had the original Subaru wheels taken off and replaced with Inovit wheels???
Old 07 February 2009, 01:55 PM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

A 'good' example would have full history as a minumum requirement.
Old 07 February 2009, 01:59 PM
Phil555
Scooby Regular

Fair point. I would want a car with an exceptional history TBH. I have emailed them a few times too and had no reply.
Old 07 February 2009, 02:05 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

try calling them mate, i emailed them regarding the yellow ones a while back, got no reply, however when i called they answered my questions
Old 07 February 2009, 02:07 PM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

just looked at their website again, and the person who wrote their 'Home' page is not the one writing their ads, as they are full of spelling mistakes!

The ads just don't look or sound right, I mean who in their right mind would change the alloy wheels of every car they are selling? What's all that about? I doscovered last night another website called www.mawmotors.co.uk and their cars look and sound genuine, initially. They all have service history and are auction grade 4 or above, they are also between £7-9000. Have a look and see what you think.
Old 07 February 2009, 02:12 PM
Phil555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GREGGYG
just looked at their website again, and the person who wrote their 'Home' page is not the one writing their ads, as they are full of spelling mistakes!

The ads just don't look or sound right, I mean who in their right mind would change the alloy wheels of every car they are selling? What's all that about? I doscovered last night another website called www.mawmotors.co.uk and their cars look and sound genuine, initially. They all have service history and are auction grade 4 or above, they are also between £7-9000. Have a look and see what you think.
Cheers bud . Some nice examples on there.
Old 07 February 2009, 02:18 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

who are mawmotors? they have a good rep?
Old 07 February 2009, 02:27 PM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Don't know, I just found their website last night and their cars for sale do look and sound good......have a look
Old 07 February 2009, 02:27 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

I brought My STI MY99 From there a just over a year ago. Its totally standard from a exhaust, but I made it clear I wanted a standard one. They said its there personal car as its one of the best scoobys they had.
Well so far the car has been fine, Ive had now problems with it. Except the Rear damper is knocking. But other than that its fine, great car I love it to bits.
I guess I do my best to keep it serviced and that. I dont thrash the car everywhere I go.
But when I brought It I did make the mistake of not looking at the service history, there was none. Also the auction sheet, so I was taking a gamble.

When I had the car they where fitted with alloys for the newarage Subaru as Every time I turned It would make a shrubbing noise. I took mudflaps of and still did it. Realised they where wrong wheels so in the end I brought my own. I don't know why the change the alloys from standard, maybe they buy them in bulk put the alloys on and use it as a excuess to bump up prices.

But I brought it as a 97 v5 as soon as I put pics up on here they said its a my99 so i looked on the engine code and found out it was A MY99 V5. So if they had realised they could of sold it for more lol.
But it was only that Subaru I liked the others i wasn't keen on.
Old 07 February 2009, 02:32 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

wow maw motors seems good .. prices are high but they fresh imports which seem to bewith history plus grade 4 or above
Old 07 February 2009, 03:50 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

they sell grade 2 cars that have been involved in accidents in japan. they get repaired thats why most of the body parts are different. iwent down with my boyfriend when i was looking for a version 3. we noticed over spray & the mileage was so low that it didnt reflect on the cars condition. that was our experience all the way from london to bradford.
Old 07 February 2009, 03:56 PM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KareenaBaby
they sell grade 2 cars that have been involved in accidents in japan. they get repaired thats why most of the body parts are different. iwent down with my boyfriend when i was looking for a version 3. we noticed over spray & the mileage was so low that it didnt reflect on the cars condition. that was our experience all the way from london to bradford.
Thanks Kareena, I imagined I would hear a story like yours sooner or later, you just confirmed my own instinct! Thanks
Old 07 February 2009, 04:53 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

Im getting paranoid now hope my car aint a accident repaired oh crap. But my panels seem to line up ok.
Old 07 February 2009, 05:06 PM
Phil555
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the replies and comments guys & girls. Looks like a company to stay away from.

The search continues.
Old 07 February 2009, 05:11 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

dont panic, theres no proof for them being accident damaged.. speak to them, because when i did regarding the yellow one he told me it was a grade r but then i talked about a blue version 5 2door which has just recently been taken off pistonheads so i assume its been sold he said that was a grade 4 and he had the papers, i saw them.. also mentioned a white wagon i looked at that was a grade 3..

grade 2's arent accident damaged are they on jap auction sheets? i thought that was just grade r
Old 07 February 2009, 05:13 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

either way push for papers and history.. if he has them look at the work done as i was advised too on here..

if no history or auction forms.. avoid! .. am just basing this on my 2 conversations with them.. i could be completely wrong though
Old 07 February 2009, 05:56 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

"The entire vehicle needs panel beating and repairs. Corrosion can be found on the vehicle. The Odometer reading is suspect and the odometer may not work. Major damage to the interior and exterior"

the above falls into a grade 2 import

R = repaired car

my car is a Grade 4 but even that grade states on the auction sheet "The damage on this vehicle is slightly more severe than 'grade 5'. It requires repairs to damaged parts"

Last edited by KareenaBaby; 07 February 2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07 February 2009, 06:42 PM
sandyRS16i
Scooby Regular

You can buy a bad car from anywhere tho, even UKDM cars in dealers can be accident repaired etc. You should go with your eyes open and assess the car based on condition & information available regardess if its JDM or not. I used MIR and bought a grade 4B (with all paperwork) without any problems.
Old 07 February 2009, 06:56 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

chrished private sales
Old 07 February 2009, 07:26 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

kareena where are you getting your auction sheet description from? grade 5 i fort was near new condition? as for grade 2 .. he never mentioned his cars were that but could by lying i suppose.. but the one i saw was definately nt in a bad condition..

AUCTION GRADE ( Exterior )

S
As new condition, under 5,000km

Vehicle is like new. All original body parts. No repair needed on vehicle. Usually only given to vehicles less than 3 years old.

Vehicle is in excellent condition. No slight scratches or dents.

Vehicle in good condition, few scratches/dents due to normal wear as you would get with any normal vehicle.

Vehicle has a few scratches or dents visibly. The grade is usually given to a vehicle in average condition.

Various scratches or dents, some paint blemishes.

wholly badly corroded, non standard car, or modified car

inferior car, basically a pile of you know what. OR ... very heavily modified car.

RA or A1
Vehicle has been in a minor accident. It has been repaired to an acceptable standard.

R or A
A vehicle which has been in an accident where some parts have been repaired or replaced.
Old 07 February 2009, 07:44 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

the information is from a direct auction in japan babe

Grade
S
The vehicle is less than 12 months old from the first year of registration. It doesn't require any repairs to the interior or exterior. This vehicle is suitable for exhibition selling.
The vehicle is less than 24 months old from the first year of registration. It doesn't require any repairs to the interior or exterior. This vehicle is suitable for exhibition selling.
The vehicle is very close to point 6; however the vehicle requires minor aesthetic repairs.
This vehicle is very close to point 5; however the vehicle may require some minor panel beating work or painting or interior repairs.
The damage on this vehicle is slightly more severe than 'point 5'. It requires repairs to damaged parts.
The vehicle has noticeable damage. It has a history of repairs to its core structure; front, back and side panels.
The damage to this vehicle is more noticeable than 'point 3.5'. Scratches and other damage are clearly visible.
The entire vehicle needs panel beating and repairs. Corrosion can be found on the vehicle. The Odometer reading is suspect and the odometer may not work. Major damage to the interior and exterior.
Engine still in working order, however car is in need of much repair, the vehicle can still be driven.
The part of the car has been changed or repaired.
R
Repaired Car

Last edited by KareenaBaby; 07 February 2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07 February 2009, 07:59 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

ahh right so many interpretations of the certificates, no worries, its good to know as im on the look for another version5/6 thanks
Old 07 February 2009, 08:22 PM
KareenaBaby
BANNED

be careful eggy loads out there with hidden history. im lucky my boyfriend knows about subarus as he has owned many. i looked at 5 before i found the perfect crisp example
Old 07 February 2009, 08:29 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I went to MIR to check out a red Integrale - as I mention in the linked thread.

It was farked. Now I know Integrales are as fragile as female emotion but this one was proper knackered. Didn't really pay much attention the scoobs.

REF: MAWmotors - the first 4 pics were also on another website someone on here posted a few days ago - there was GOONET but it wasn't that one.

Anyway the cars were all quite expensive but all looked pretty sound - one STI RA even had Rockford Fosgate sound digital thingy fitted into the cubby hole thing under your arm.

As I've said I really would like a V5/6 STI RA but if I've got to spend over 6K to ensure I get a mint one, I'm better off buying a cheap UK turbo and throwing a chunk of money at it.

Should never had sold my old car - from first look you'd think it was a WRC edition
Old 25 February 2009, 08:39 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Phil555
Hi all, done a search and not much came back apart from a topic on an STI Version 6 which is still for sale there now.

Car was up for £9K in May 08 with 49K miles.

Search

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-sa...tml?showfull=1

Same car with 49K miles in Feb 09.

Mir Motors

Something not right there
Anyone else know anything about MIR, or even about this car specifically?

I've just started tentatively looking for a late classic STI and this one looks like exactly what I'm after - roof scoop and questionably tasteful wheels aside. Mileage does look odd, though - just how plausible is the idea that a 10 year old car only has 49k on the clock, none of which were done in the last 9 months?
Old 25 February 2009, 09:02 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

o this grey one..

i spoke to them on the weekend , turns out my friend knows the new owner, apparenntly theyve bought mirs old stock?

anyway i asked about the grey one and my mate goes yeah , they bought that one with the bottom end gone..

i said is it running now.. and he goes yeah it was sent to richard henry motorsport in bradford fort he work!

not sure if it had a rebuild or second hand engine.. if you ring them.. find out please..

because if its rebuilt then i may consider it (im on the look for a new sti, bit short on money though) , as ive taken all my previous cars to richard heenry and his work is top notch!

so please update if you find out any more
Old 25 February 2009, 09:07 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

p.s. the above has been done recently

within last month or so..

just rang my mate and he said.. yeah that original engine bottom end went, so it was put in the garage for half the year before the work was done.. hence why its been a year..

my friend didnt really know much though lol he said i know him nowm i shud ask as he aint into cars lol ****
Old 25 February 2009, 09:15 PM
ze4s
Scooby Regular

Your best off looking at the classifieds on the forums, people are selling some great cars for not much cash.
All the dealers want stupid amounts for there cars.

Example dealer 2004 sti 75000 £9000
on one of the forums 2005 sti ppp 24000 £9000
Old 06 June 2012, 10:53 AM
jonathanmarducas
Scooby Newbie

Default Mir Motors arrested + sent to Jail for 20yrs

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u...years_in_jail/
I know its an old thread but worth sharing :-)