Sponsored by:

I am glad I have Impreza with AWD

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2009, 07:34 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am glad I have Impreza with AWD

This morning I had to go into Bedford to sign in at the job centre. I started off in the Yaris, but got to the end of Turvey high street and turned back for the Impreza. I got to bedford in about 45 mins to find that there was no signing today and we would still get the money. Wasted trip. I get back in my impreza and head home. All was well until I get past the Bromham (sp?), A422 roundabout and I hardly move in 30 minutes. People in front of me and behind me turn around and a trickle of cars come from Turvey direction and stop to tell people whats going on etc... No one tells me. Move up at bit and wait a bit more, then this guy in a astra stops and says to me 'is that 4wd' I say 'yes' and he then said it just a lorry that can't get up the hill on the bend and he also said there was a police car parked awkwardly, but he said if you just over take the lot and wave nicely at the copper, your fine. So I did just that wityh out and fuss or problem. The Impreza just gripped and went with out a fuss (well most of the time ) Just put my foot down in 3 and 4 and I was away. Then I met two more drivers doodling along (<20mph) and over take them. The roads where empty and all to myself Got home in 5mins after that. If I had of known I would of been home much sooner, but if it had not of been for the scoob and AWD I would never of made it. Just goes to show you, Subaru made a great car. Please change your mind about stopping the Impreza Turbo, please

Last edited by SC008Y_MAD; 06 February 2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06 February 2009, 08:21 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

you overtook people in this weather?
Old 06 February 2009, 08:26 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Yes!
Old 06 February 2009, 08:26 PM
bluenose172
Scooby Regular

At a crawl, re-read it, ffs.
Old 06 February 2009, 08:31 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

go on son

did a similar thing getting to work the other day, only me, a few with land/range rovers and one in a newage WRX made it to work out of about 30 of us lol

good old AWD
Old 06 February 2009, 08:48 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluenose172
At a crawl, re-read it, ffs.
I was not at a crawl overtaking people. I was doing 25mph. I wonder what everyone in their 2wd cars where saying? I bet (Subaru wish) that they where saying, "I should of brought one of those Subaru's....."
Old 06 February 2009, 09:01 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy
you overtook people in this weather?
Yeah cos AWD helps you stop in snow as well
Old 06 February 2009, 10:15 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

you must be a complete **** to overtake people in this weather and with these road conditions and think it's clever
Old 06 February 2009, 10:29 PM
Ianm1983
Scooby Regular

do people come on this forum just to be dicks?

the fact the lad has a Yaris and an impreza says to me he hasnt been signing on long, more likely an innocent victim of the current economic situation ie, is using the system as it was intended, hardly a drain on society, I for one have no problem with my taxes being used to help a citizen who has lost his job thru no fault of his own and is looking for more work

and as for overtaking, the lad did 25 past some people doing 20, hardly dangerous really, it was 6 degrees here todayand sunny and I did alot more than 25 past people

if hed posted

"ere wor it is right is i borad me dads scoob to go sign on for the 43rd time but on the way to buy some papers to roll a joint for the drive back I decided to **** it down a hill to see how sideways I could get it past that schol bus stop"

then flame away, bt thats hardly what he posted is it?

he was just commenting on his thankfulness that his car could get him places whilst others could not

too many high horse tool ends on this forum like.
Old 06 February 2009, 10:44 PM
solosteve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy
you must be a complete **** to overtake people in this weather and with these road conditions and think it's clever
... **** ...

ive seen darrens driving and that he is not...a speed freak or ****

darren is probley the slowest driver ive seen ever..
and he knows the roads from a - b, so leave alone please..

sorry just my forts their..
Old 06 February 2009, 10:52 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't bother trying to argue. When some people sign into Scoobynet, they automatically think they are above others when behind their keyboard.
Old 06 February 2009, 11:21 PM
solosteve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TerzoAlan
Don't bother trying to argue. When some people sign into Scoobynet, they automatically think they are above others when behind their keyboard.
agree their my friend...

sorry to have spoke out, once again..
Old 06 February 2009, 11:41 PM
Mark1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ianm1983
do people come on this forum just to be dicks?

the fact the lad has a Yaris and an impreza says to me he hasnt been signing on long, more likely an innocent victim of the current economic situation ie, is using the system as it was intended, hardly a drain on society, I for one have no problem with my taxes being used to help a citizen who has lost his job thru no fault of his own and is looking for more work
Well said Ian.

I was recently made redunant. I was fortunate enough to find a job but I'm not starting that for another 3 weeks. Having paid thousands in tax why shouldn't I sign on and claim my £60 per week whilst I'm out of work?
Old 07 February 2009, 01:27 AM
G-string
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by SC008Y_MAD
This morning I had to go into Bedford to sign in at the job centre. I started off in the Yaris, but got to the end of Turvey high street and turned back for the Impreza. I got to bedford in about 45 mins to find that there was no signing today and we would still get the money. Wasted trip. I get back in my impreza and head home. All was well until I get past the Bromham (sp?), A422 roundabout and I hardly move in 30 minutes. People in front of me and behind me turn around and a trickle of cars come from Turvey direction and stop to tell people whats going on etc... No one tells me. Move up at bit and wait a bit more, then this guy in a astra stops and says to me 'is that 4wd' I say 'yes' and he then said it just a lorry that can't get up the hill on the bend and he also said there was a police car parked awkwardly, but he said if you just over take the lot and wave nicely at the copper, your fine. So I did just that wityh out and fuss or problem. The Impreza just gripped and went with out a fuss (well most of the time ) Just put my foot down in 3 and 4 and I was away. Then I met two more drivers doodling along (<20mph) and over take them. The roads where empty and all to myself Got home in 5mins after that. If I had of known I would of been home much sooner, but if it had not of been for the scoob and AWD I would never of made it. Just goes to show you, Subaru made a great car. Please change your mind about stopping the Impreza Turbo, please
No offence meant here mate but my view of peoples awesome driving in thier 4wd today, I got a 96 wrx and had 4 previous so had fun in the snow myself previously, but last night had to pick up my 2 boys and my mother and step father from Bristol Airport. Used my Citreon grand c4. now was stuck couple of miles from the airport and had pulled in cos I knew I had no chance of getting anywhere, to many hills. Spent the night in the car 17 hours in all and viewed some awesome driving by at least 2 subarus and countless 4wd jeeps. As people were trying to drive slow and carefull you had countless ***** in the middle of the road making it 3 abreast on what were country lanes both lanes panickin cos of lack of grip and most of the time resulting in the poor ****** stranded on the side of the road. Also have fun butty not havin a go or out just had a very horrible experience myself. Had to drive over 100 miles out of my way on m5 at 30 mph with 1 lane open and foreign lorrry drivers thinking that the slush in lane 2 was fair game at 50 mph arghh Home safe now though so time to chill
Old 07 February 2009, 09:32 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL it's great driving the scoob in this weather love it .Was doing donuts outside work the other morning and just effortless along roads,made some nice patterns in the snow.Guy just bought a Golf GT Sport not long ago and said to him where's your car this morning.Had to walk it in couldn't get out of our road alright for you with 4wd.My comments were well you did spend 20 grand on a golf sport,should of got yourself a scoob mate.Nice Golf but i found it too cramped inside,snow or no snow i will stick to the impreza/land cruiser
Old 07 February 2009, 09:38 AM
290 AND READY
Scooby Regular

Yeah there are some right ***** on this forum who think there gods gift.
Just ignore the stupid comments coming from the obviously perfect "scoobynet members"

Last edited by 290 AND READY; 07 February 2009 at 09:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07 February 2009, 09:45 AM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Completely agree with the original poster. I was going up a hill that had cars and vans with 2wd abandoned at the side of the road. I then sat patiently behind a golf spinning its wheels in front of me and heading for a car at the side of road.

I just drove round the outside of it and up the hill. Twas funny to see the confused looks of those that dont know about the 4wd.

As for the overtaking, there are plenty people out there that simply drive too slowly in these conditions where there is no need to. Overtaking at 25 mph doesn't sound dangerous to me, providing its not around a corner.
Old 07 February 2009, 10:41 AM
sparkytrix
Scooby Regular

Old 07 February 2009, 11:35 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

COB; next time you have a "pop" at one of your mates "in jest". Please use ALOT more smilies... then people would get the hint --->

Deleted the posts as they aren't really on topic
Old 07 February 2009, 11:37 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
COB; next time you have a "pop" at one of your mates "in jest". Please use ALOT more smilies... then people would get the hint --->

Deleted the posts as they aren't really on topic
No worries. It's sad the fact folk didn't see the sarcasm in the posts, but totally agree as others obviously don't know me and Darren are mates and just like to jump on the famous Scoobynet bandwagon - which as you are aware I have been on the recieving end of before.

I have asked Darrent o clarify that we are indeed mates just so it gives the doubters no excuse to have "pops" at me.

Just to add the folk who had a "pop" back at me generally seemed to be newbies too, so obviously unaware of the above.

Last edited by chocolate_o_brian; 07 February 2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07 February 2009, 12:58 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

What is over-taking now illegal ?

FFS I drive my Scooby and "her" Jeep, and sadly her's is better in the bad stuff. I passed a C*rsa doing 7 mph in a 40 limit on a fully gritted bus route, i.e. clear of any snow except down the middle.... and got flashed.

Gasp !

dunx

P.S. Hi c.o.b, you o.k. matey ?
Old 07 February 2009, 01:46 PM
Scooby Senior

talk about red tape
Old 07 February 2009, 01:55 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

There are right and wrong times to overtake, and unless your actually there, how can anyone comment about how which it is?
Dunx. i know what you mean! The roads were totally clear of snow down the main drag to work yesterday, just wet, not icey, yet the Corsa drivers still insist on doing 5-10mph, Aargh!!!
Old 07 February 2009, 01:58 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Isnt this thread a bell-end-fest?
Old 07 February 2009, 02:00 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

I guess so now that you've joined in!

Only kidding
Old 07 February 2009, 05:17 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
No worries. It's sad the fact folk didn't see the sarcasm in the posts, but totally agree as others obviously don't know me and Darren are mates and just like to jump on the famous Scoobynet bandwagon - which as you are aware I have been on the recieving end of before.

I have asked Darrent o clarify that we are indeed mates just so it gives the doubters no excuse to have "pops" at me.

Just to add the folk who had a "pop" back at me generally seemed to be newbies too, so obviously unaware of the above.

Yes, Andy (COB) and I are friends and we have meet each other and talk quite a bit on MSN. Please ease off on the bandwagon.

------

Thanks for all the comments. I did not realise that overtaking in the snow/slush in my Impreza was wrong. How stupid of me. I mean come on. The road was slowly melting, as the temperature was rising and the snow falling was turing into light rain when it was touching the ground. I also had good amounts of grip and just went for it when it was safe to do so. I ain't stupid Why should I sit behind people doing <20mph when I can do nearer 35-40mph safely. I was being light on the controls using 3rd and 4th gears and I had no dramas.
Old 07 February 2009, 05:18 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 500
talk about red tape
Agreed!
Old 07 February 2009, 05:20 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by solosteve
... **** ...

ive seen darrens driving and that he is not...a speed freak or ****

darren is probley the slowest driver ive seen ever..
and he knows the roads from a - b, so leave alone please..

sorry just my forts their..
Steve, I would not say I am slow, actually far from it. I like to get to where I am going and quickly (when it is not snowing, I hasten to ad).
Old 07 February 2009, 09:02 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AWD is not a god send in this weather, it can hinder you as much as a fwd car, its just that people dont know how to drive a fwd car in this weather, and AWD with summer tyres and over taking isnt exactly a bright thing to do, too much confidence in the car and not your driving, you can still spin out, lose traction and slide, i believe that is the point that was trying to be made.

Tony

PS, the yaris with its skinny tyres is probably far better in snow that a scoob with fat tyres (you have to understand driving in snow for that one!)
Old 07 February 2009, 09:23 PM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

well my AWD was great went up hills with snow and ice on with no problems.....now stopping...!!!!!!!!!!!! i must say my **** went afew times i can tell ya,even ay very low speeds

Quick Reply: I am glad I have Impreza with AWD