Gutted or what!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2009, 01:54 PM
LAity
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gutted or what!!!

Hi all

So there i was a few months ago enjoying my lovely blue Hawkeye PPP when sadly some idiot smashes into us and total's my car!!! Luckily everyone was fine but then came the insurance...what a nightmare. Lost load of money on it and has taken the best part of 4 months to be resolved. So today i buy a new non PPP Hawkeye in blue...chuffed to bits...BUT again i have to insure it. I use the same company as last time and they have charged me the same amount to insure the car EVEN though its cheaper and has no PPP...Now how unfair is that???

Rant over...but glad to be back!!!

LAity
Old 06 February 2009, 02:14 PM
DANI
Scooby Newbie

Yes that does seem a bit unfair doesnt it, try shopping around you might even get it cheaper again ......... !
Old 06 February 2009, 02:21 PM
dreamon
Scooby Regular

Bad luck mate, since when has car insurance ever been fair
Old 06 February 2009, 03:01 PM
LAity
Scooby Regular

Well, just talked to a manager and explained my situation and he looked into it and everything now is fine... they knocked off £140 for no Prodrive and they said if i put it on its the same price as last time. So the next question is...is it Prodrive or something else??

What do you recommend , i am getting the wheels aligned first of all at Mocom then its either PPP or ???

Your thoughts

Laity
Old 06 February 2009, 03:28 PM
scooby_will
Scooby Regular

if it was me i wouldnt get the prodrive kit, they lock your ecu so if you change anything else, ie decat, exhaust, ind kit, you have to pay something like 700 for a ecutek so that it can be remap'd, if it were me i would get a sports down pipe cat, decat the mid pipe and is still legal for road, full system with back box, uprated fuel pump, and remap, you will have more than the 320hp plus will have in my opinion a better sounding subaru, just my 2 pennies worth.
Old 06 February 2009, 03:32 PM
LAity
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that Scooby_will, So how much do you think that lot would cost?? Also the last one i had did have the PPP and sounded just right, i don't want it shake the house down as it were. I am far too old to have the thing sounding like a Rally car..even if i do want it to go like one

LAity
Old 06 February 2009, 04:07 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LAity
Thanks for that Scooby_will, So how much do you think that lot would cost?? Also the last one i had did have the PPP and sounded just right, i don't want it shake the house down as it were. I am far too old to have the thing sounding like a Rally car..even if i do want it to go like one

LAity
Ditto. My car is not overly loud with my set up, yet I get the performance I want. Cost me about £1k in total on engine upgrades.
Old 06 February 2009, 06:32 PM
scooby_will
Scooby Regular

mocom racing will do it yeh, in my honest opinion i would get the car completly decatted and full exhaust system, but a full decat will make the car really quite loud and if thats not what you want then a sports cat downpipe is the best option and in all honesty there is only about 2hp difference in what you will get, i would suggest a full 2.5 inch bore system with as said a decat mid pipe and possibly a ninja back box as they arent too loud, i have full haywood and scott system and my missus can hear me for miles and thats how i like it. Get the uprated fuel pump, and a remap and i reckon but please dont hold me to it but i reckon about 330+hp and then your ecu will be completly mappable for anything else you may want to add later, it will also pass mot with the decat mid pipe or so i have been told.

I dont know if mocom racing will do a front splitter but that wouldnt be hard for yourself to source and fit yourself even, one thing i will say is with any mods you are doing if your vehicle is still under warrenty be careful with anything as they may well say o you have modded it so now your engine is no longer under warrenty, again dont quote me but i have heard of dealers getting arsy, they may well just say only the exhaust is if you dont tell them about a remap though.

Not saying that you will get problems with the mods either.
Old 06 February 2009, 06:36 PM
scooby_will
Scooby Regular

here is what they do as a package, ok its over 1k but well worth it and still cheaper than the ppp

Mocom Racing - Performance car and trackday products