Sponsored by:

Can someone help?

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2009, 01:16 PM
marshy/1982
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help?

Im looking for an sti and i've decided on getting an 03 model, but there is 2 versions i keep coming across. One is the WRX STI and the other is the WRX STI PRODRIVE. Does that mean that the prodrive version has the PPP fitted or it is just the wheels and exhaust?

Thanks
Old 22 January 2009, 01:28 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

03 didn't have a "prodrive" model

only an STI with the aftermarket PPP add on. (ecu, wheels & exhaust)

check it's not a 2002 prodrive...that's a different beast.

Last edited by scooby L; 22 January 2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 22 January 2009, 01:36 PM
marshy/1982
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by scooby L
03 didn't have a "prodrive" model

only an STI with the aftermarket PPP add on. (ecu, wheels & exhaust)

check it's not a 2002 prodrive...that's a different beast.
The most recent one i've been looking at buying is this one. SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI PRO DRIVE 2003 prodrive on eBay, also, Subaru, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 18-Jan-09 21:09:01 GMT)

The listing has ended but he's willing to sell it too me for £7500. After looking on ebay and pistonheads thats the best priced car i could find with that low mileage. He said that on the service documents it says WRX STI PRODRIVE but when i asked if he had the PPP certificate he said he doesnt have one. He also said the bhp is around 305bhp.

He currently transfering the plates over from his private plate so havent got a registration number to check.

Is it possible it could be a late 2002 model but registered in 2003 or is he telling porkies?

Last edited by marshy/1982; 22 January 2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 22 January 2009, 01:41 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

A late 2002 Prodrive has the older style headlights, so no.

Looks like a 2003 STI type UK with PPP.

Maybe if the car was bought from a Subaru dealer with the PPP as an option, thus fitted from new and the V5 shows it as such.
Old 22 January 2009, 01:49 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

If he put those private plates on... he'd know the original number plate.

Also ask to know the original dealer who supplied the car from new, if he has all the docs he can tell you this, then ring them (wiith the original number plate) for some background info.

It's had the fog lamp kit put on it,
The alloys look like WR1's? not sure if the PPP came with those, someone else could tell you.

Last edited by scooby L; 22 January 2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 22 January 2009, 02:30 PM
marshy/1982
Scooby Newbie

A late 2002 Prodrive has the older style headlights, so no.

Looks like a 2003 STI type UK with PPP.

Maybe if the car was bought from a Subaru dealer with the PPP as an option, thus fitted from new and the V5 shows it as such.
Will it show it on the v5? As i have no way of telling if it has it fitted or not?

If he put those private plates on... he'd know the original number plate.

Also ask to know the original dealer who supplied the car from new, if he has all the docs he can tell you this, then ring them (wiith the original number plate) for some background info.

It's had the fog lamp kit put on it,
The alloys look like WR1's? not sure if the PPP came with those, someone else could tell you.
He said the previous plate was Y6 WRX but i try doing an insurance check on it and its coming back at an 05 model. When he removed his private plate does it go back to he origional plate?

And finally, in reguard to the price do you think he's asking too much or is £7500 good?

Thanks guys

Last edited by marshy/1982; 22 January 2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 22 January 2009, 02:36 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by marshy/1982
Will it show it on the v5? As i have no way of telling if it has it fitted or not?
Sorry my bad.... what I meant was that's why it's showing on the service book as a prodrive model... when it's actually a UK STI PPP.

When you have the original number plate, you will be able to check whats been done (Subaru UK will have any PPP registered for it's warranty)

He said the previous plate was Y6 WRX but i try doing an insurance check on it and its coming back at an 05 model. When he removed his private plate does it go back to he origional plate?
No...that Y6 WRX numberplate is also a private plate... the number allocated to the car will be it's original number, an 03 (or 53) prefix.

Last edited by scooby L; 22 January 2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 22 January 2009, 02:40 PM
marshy/1982
Scooby Newbie

Sorry my bad.... what I meant was that's why it's showing on the service book as a prodrive model... when it's actually a UK STI PPP

No...that Y6 WRX numberplate is also a private plate... the number allocated to the car will be it's original number, an 03 (or 53) prefix.
Thats great mate thanks. Im hoping when i get the origional plate number that i'll type it in and it'll come back as a STI PPP, but if not then there's got to be another reason for having prodrive written on the service documents lol.

Is £7500 a good price?
Old 22 January 2009, 02:45 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Is £7500 a good price?
How long's a piece of string... the car market is in turmoil.... it's as cheap as you want to pay for it.

If he want s to sell...he'll entertain any price.
Old 23 January 2009, 11:40 AM
marshy/1982
Scooby Newbie

I've just recieved the new reg number and its coming up as it was wrote off as catergory c back in oct 2007. Why cant people just be honest for god sake
Old 23 January 2009, 03:29 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

I've just recieved the new reg number and its coming up as it was wrote off as catergory c back in oct 2007. Why cant people just be honest for god sake
Yeah it’s a bad world out there
There is one on Piston heads at the moment for 7k and that has a newer style steering wheel on and am sure that was on there for £5500 needing a new clutch (the add does say its has a new one) so looks like that may have been bumped as well.