Sponsored by:

Police Warning

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2001, 08:00 AM
rick1973
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Ok, There is a new Scooby that has joined the ranks of the police.. I was driving down the A24 towards Worthing (west Sussex) in my Pug (I know) when a pair of lights flew up behind me round a sweeping bend and pulled out to go past.. Blatted by (Dark Blue Impreza X reg uk spec Turbo) then hit the anchors. I too slowed down and in the end overtook the WRX (only time that is going to happen, unless parked!!).. Anyway the lights flashed and those lovely hidden blues came on, well that was me pulled for a "defective light".. The guy let me off which was refreshing, but I found myself thinking where was he going at such speed when he saw my dodgy light and pulled me.. The answer no-where but wouldn't you like to drive as you want, where you want, when you want 24/7?? I think so....
Oh and Denn, keep your chin up.. I am sure Mr Chan will wait for a few extra days...

[This message has been edited by rick1973 (edited 01 February 2001).]
Old 01 February 2001, 08:20 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

One rule for them another for us.

Is there any wonder they are motoring publics' enemy number one?
Old 01 February 2001, 09:02 AM
longun
Scooby Regular

Talking

This might make you feel better.

There was a speed trap yesterday in Chelt in swindon Village and I knew it was there, so traveled down the road with a que of about 15 cars behind at 10MPH. One car behind me was even looking to over take when all I was doing was trying to save a few people speeding tickets. I'll give the copper his due he just looked up from his camera and smiled at me if to say I know what your doing you cheeky b@stard.

Old 01 February 2001, 01:28 PM
Denn City
Scooby Newbie

Rick - cheers for the `chin up' message. In case anyone cares, I'm having difficulty getting a f*!@king loan for my dream Scooby - nobody want's to touch me. I think it's all a huge consipiracy to keep people from having too much fun on the roads.