Old 29 November 2008, 10:16 PM
phil739
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mcrae print on ebay

cant beleive it ..
sorry if this is a repost

what are some people like

COLIN MCRAE GATHERING MOSAIC PHOTO WORLD RECORD TRIBUTE on eBay, also, Rally, Motor Sport Memorabilia, Sports Memorabilia (end time 07-Dec-08 21:12:38 GMT)
Old 29 November 2008, 10:43 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Theirs people out there who would love to have bought this print at the right price, to me this is like grave robbing
Cheers
Colin
Old 29 November 2008, 10:49 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These picture's are to keep,not sell,,,,,,,,,,there are some low life's out there

Not saying he is one

Last edited by The Dogs B******s; 01 December 2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 29 November 2008, 11:01 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

'If' the story they wrote is true why not have a buy-it-now at the £40 it cost them, rather than make a profit on it.

Sick Ba**tards
Old 29 November 2008, 11:20 PM
scoobychick555
Scooby Regular

i've been in touch with the seller and am waiting to hear if they will donate "all" their profit towards the charity.

they seem genuine enough, guess we'll need to wait and see how much the print goes for.

the one thing that we've tried to do is make the Gathering all about Colin and his charities - we frown upon folk that are making money from our event, thats not what its about.

imy
Old 29 November 2008, 11:34 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they give all profit to charity that wouldn't be bad but I doubt it I hope they do the right thing. They should have put a buy it now.
Old 30 November 2008, 12:21 AM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Quite agree with the above.

Unfortunately this is what the world has became.

People making a quick buck.

What made me smile, his is number 198 and mine is 199
Old 30 November 2008, 02:19 AM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

'Grave robbers'? 'Sick b*stards'? Foolish.
Old 30 November 2008, 03:23 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

i know it isnt fair and this will probably get me slapped but surely if he has bought it he has a right to sell it, if the market dictates that it is twice what he paid then what can be done?
Old 30 November 2008, 09:27 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Originally Posted by phil_wrx
i know it isnt fair and this will probably get me slapped but surely if he has bought it he has a right to sell it, if the market dictates that it is twice what he paid then what can be done?
I guess your right ...........................sadly
Old 30 November 2008, 09:34 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone actually read the story on the ebay link...seems genuine enough
Old 30 November 2008, 10:24 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

I think the whole listing should be read

that we should sell the picture so long as we make a donation to the charity on their behalf.
As long as they stick to that, I can't see a problem
Old 30 November 2008, 10:28 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

£82 and 7 days 10 hours to go

I did joke when I secured mine that I would sell for £100 (NO PM's please, I am joking, it is NOT for sale)
Old 30 November 2008, 10:36 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Some very over the top posts in this thread, sorry but IMO the guy is doing nothing wrong.
Old 30 November 2008, 10:38 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Of course he does have the right to sell it, He bought it fair and square, But just because he can doesnt mean he should.

Hopefully this will be boycotted like those live8 tickets that got fake bidded up to a million pounds.

Its all about how high you set your moral bar.

Now we should all buy those Evos suck stickers before some grave robber gets them on ebay!
Old 30 November 2008, 10:46 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by imy
i've been in touch with the seller and am waiting to hear if they will donate "all" their profit towards the charity.

they seem genuine enough, guess we'll need to wait and see how much the print goes for.

the one thing that we've tried to do is make the Gathering all about Colin and his charities - we frown upon folk that are making money from our event, thats not what its about.

imy
no offence, but its his, he has a right to sell it. he hasnt dictated a price he has let it be decided by the people bidding. the money he paid for it went to charity, why should he put more into charity? when you buy a car and sell it you hope to get the best price you can for it if you can make a profit on it happy days this is the same. get a grip.

my 2p.

Last edited by Jamo; 30 November 2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 30 November 2008, 10:50 AM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The story sounds genuine... i nearly bought a couple for people i knew weren't near their pc, and if something had gone pear shaped i don;t see why i shouldn't have been able to sell them on, 'profit' is something different, once you've bought something, you own it, simple as that, if you then sel it and make a profit, thats whats called business, it happens daily....... what would i have done with any 'profits'.... well, who knows as i'm not in that position anyway....... at least someone who was there might get a second chance to own a picture,...... rather that than the picture get shoved in a drawer and forgotten.....
Old 30 November 2008, 12:35 PM
bmfcrash
Scooby Regular

I cant believe all the fuss some people are making, they have explained the situation (didnt have to) and said the charity will benefit (didnt have to).

If you didnt buy one when they were up for general sale then you should have been faster out of the blocks, If you have the money and still want one then here is a last chance saloon.

Comments like grave robbery and the like are pure comedy, some people really need to get out more if thats all you have to worry about.

My rads just let go and with Christmas round the corner selling my print would keep my car on the road (not selling by the way). If that was what I wanted to do who are any of you to tell me its right or wrong ?.

It seems fine to buy your car back from the insurance company when its a right off and profit from the sale of the parts, or buy cars that need work, as the owners cant afford the repairs and pay peanuts for them.

Buying parts from these scenarios seems to be perfectly acceptable, Seems to be a massive case of double standards around here.
Old 30 November 2008, 01:09 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

Looking at the bigger picture isn't this guy offering a second chance to those that were unable to a) be there or b) get a print in time.

I couldn't make the gathering due to pre-deployment training and missed the chance to buy the print due to further commitments you can bet your *** I'm going to be bidding for it.

Far bigger "crimes" than this going on although I hear grave robbing is in this year
Old 30 November 2008, 01:15 PM
BLACK V5
Scooby Regular

If people are selling for a good reason then i have no problem with that. If anyone just bought one for the sole reason to sell on and make some money there scumbags.
Old 30 November 2008, 02:56 PM
JRFRACE
Scooby Regular

I think the Story is BS myself, and some of you swallow stuff far too easily. Why not in this instance just send it back to the gathering team? they can then say 'hey, we have a print available again' and they can auction it, or do a raffle or something, with this one who knows what it'll go for seen as its at that price already, so its probably going to end up being beyond whats reasonable for a lot of people anyway.

If its his right to sell it, and i suppose it is whatever we may feel morally about it, then he should just do it and not come up with a piece of miserable fiction to pretend its anything other than someone who wants/ needs to make a bit of quick cash.

Last edited by JRFRACE; 30 November 2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 30 November 2008, 04:51 PM
phil739
Scooby Regular

i know its his right , but at the end of the day he brought it to make a profit dispite what the adds states, and now someone who attended and missed out is now paying over the odds..
Old 30 November 2008, 05:32 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

I bought mine to sell it too. it will be for sale in about 20 years when its worth a bloody fortune

its a joke ok. stop negging me
Old 30 November 2008, 06:30 PM
cathey-m
Scooby Newbie

So if it's a genuine sale, why not put up on the scooby forums so enthusiasts can buy it
Old 30 November 2008, 07:00 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SwissTony
Has anyone actually read the story on the ebay link...seems genuine enough
I did and that's why I said that if they give the profit to charity that's fair enough. Hopefully they do the right thing
Old 30 November 2008, 07:08 PM
Devils.Advocate
Scooby Regular

At the end of the day the Charity has hads its money whilst we may not think its moral but why should they donate the profit to charity. IF they were going to do that they would have returned it to the organisers

Move ON
Old 30 November 2008, 07:14 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

The more I think about it the more I think that its not that he is selling it, Its just the timing of it that grates on me.

If it was this time next year I doubt anyone would even notice, but these prints have only just sold out (last few weeks anyway), its just too soon for me.
Old 01 December 2008, 07:13 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

One of the members of our local forum asked the seller about the poster, this is the response they get.....

Firstly, I will correct you as you ARE wrong, very wrong!

I do not intend to spend the next seven days entering into time-wasting correspondence with people who clearly have nothing better to do than accuse innocent people of wrong-doing, when they know nothing of the situation or the facts.

I have entered into the appropriate correspondence regarding this, with the people who matter, and whom it concerns.

Perhaps you should reread my listing; properly this time – twice within the listing I refer to the fact that the charity WILL be benefiting from this resale, even though they have already been paid for this picture once!

Perhaps what is peeing off (as you so nicely put it) the Subaru Enthusiasts (of which I am one) is people like you trying to mislead them and create an atmosphere of mistrust and greed? Nowhere have I said or inferred that I do not intend to hand any money over – it is only what you, or your friends, have surmised and accused me of.

We could have retained this picture, even though we have our own copy, but as there were so many people who missed out we decided to give someone else the opportunity to own one – and clearly there are several people who would like to.

Finally, I would suggest if you are interested in the picture you should place a bid in the correct manner, and if you are not then I suggest you go and find something better to do with your time!!

So still no mention of all the money going to the charity.
Old 01 December 2008, 07:31 PM
Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
BANNED

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
So still no mention of all the money going to the charity.
If that was me in the same situation as the seller i would state in my auction the amount or the percentage of the final sale that will be going to charity as remember i have nothing to hide as i`m genuine.

The other thing that people have not commented on yet is that on Ebay when your running an auction that has a charitable donation attatched to it then their is a charitable symbol that appears on the auction, where is his ?

If he was genuine he would have stated that anything above the original purchase price will be going to the charity concerned as he only has posession of this after he claims someone let him down who he bought it for.

Last edited by Borat_Drives_A_Scooby; 01 December 2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01 December 2008, 08:48 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

borat when a percentage is to be given to charity you have to specify it from one of their chosen charitys iirc.

leave the bloke alone ffs, if your really that bothered ask him for proof of a donation after the auction, if not trust him.

Quick Reply: mcrae print on ebay