Sponsored by:

fuel presure regulator and stuff for parallel fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2008, 06:09 PM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel presure regulator and stuff for parallel fuel lines

thinking of tryin one of these kits out when i come to do my conversion what do you think worth a go or is it cheaper else where.

the first one looks a bit better than the second but they seem pretty resonable to me

UNIVERSAL ADJUSTABLE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR FPR (R) on eBay, also Engine Tuning Parts, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-Dec-08 22:36:10 GMT)

UNIVERSAL AEROMOTIVE STYLE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR KIT on eBay, also Engine Tuning Parts, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 01-Dec-08 21:12:07 GMT)
Old 29 November 2008, 07:35 PM
l1verp00l
Scooby Regular

get somethin good. Carl Darley does them
Old 29 November 2008, 07:36 PM
l1verp00l
Scooby Regular

Carl Davey?
Old 29 November 2008, 08:46 PM
samcowrx
Scooby Regular

Aeromotive, SX, or fuelab are the only makes worth going for if you want it to be reliable, as far as i know.
Old 29 November 2008, 08:57 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

You would not need all those -8 fittings unless you change the fuel rails to suit at extra cost. It's a good price, for a no-name copy, if you are happy to take a chance.

All imho !

DunxC
Old 29 November 2008, 09:35 PM
mef
Scooby Regular

Default Low cost fuel supply systems.

These seem to be a "Chinese copy" of the well known Aeromotive regulator. I was intrigued and bought a similar kit a while back. They look very good, a very good copy, virtually no detectable difference from the Aeromotive except the more polished alloy body, also the stick-on label where the aeromotive is silk screened. The fittings are cheap copies of Goodridge but OK, the 90degee ones are a bit naff, the straight ones look OK. The stainless hose is again OK but certainly not the usual Earls or Goodridge quality but perfectly usable. The gauge also seems to be very similar to that supplied by FSE. As far as the regulation performance of the regulator is concerned I can't really comment as I havn't tried it out, it's just sitting on my shelf. It does state "Aeromotive style" in the advert, no claims to the performance.

To give you an idea, the genuine Aeromotive regulator is usually about £135 in the UK and all those fittings would cost a similar amount too!

By the way, if you want your fuel rails converting to -6 ends to suit this type of kit then contact me directly at mefmotorsport@btinternet.com I can also supply all the proper high quality pipework and fittings.

If you've just spent a couple of thousand pounds on your engine conversion, would you really be wise in trusting a £30 pressure regulator and some inferior quality fittings to provide that vital fuel supply! At the end of the day you get what you pay for, skimping on fuel systems is probably a false economy!

Cheers,

Martin
Old 29 November 2008, 09:50 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

A Chinese copy of a fuel regulator: it doesnt bear thinking about, does it?
Old 29 November 2008, 11:16 PM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mef
These seem to be a "Chinese copy" of the well known Aeromotive regulator. I was intrigued and bought a similar kit a while back. They look very good, a very good copy, virtually no detectable difference from the Aeromotive except the more polished alloy body, also the stick-on label where the aeromotive is silk screened. The fittings are cheap copies of Goodridge but OK, the 90degee ones are a bit naff, the straight ones look OK. The stainless hose is again OK but certainly not the usual Earls or Goodridge quality but perfectly usable. The gauge also seems to be very similar to that supplied by FSE. As far as the regulation performance of the regulator is concerned I can't really comment as I havn't tried it out, it's just sitting on my shelf. It does state "Aeromotive style" in the advert, no claims to the performance.

To give you an idea, the genuine Aeromotive regulator is usually about £135 in the UK and all those fittings would cost a similar amount too!

By the way, if you want your fuel rails converting to -6 ends to suit this type of kit then contact me directly at mefmotorsport@btinternet.com I can also supply all the proper high quality pipework and fittings.

If you've just spent a couple of thousand pounds on your engine conversion, would you really be wise in trusting a £30 pressure regulator and some inferior quality fittings to provide that vital fuel supply! At the end of the day you get what you pay for, skimping on fuel systems is probably a false economy!

Cheers,

Martin
I havnt spent lots yet but i have exhaust, decat, air filter, td05 and 1.2 bar boost with new turbo intake pipes and a fmic also the walbro fuel pump.

But im looking to fit ported headers and do a parallel conversion after christmas and then fit and apexi or anthor ecu (not made my mid up yet).
but i will be wanting the 6 an fittings on the fuel rails doing.
Maybe i could be a test dummy for the cheap crap lol i want to fit a ej25 before summer so im just experimenting cheap fun till mid next year so tbh i aint to botherd .
i will pm about a price for rails and fittings first