Do you know this user?

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2008, 08:13 PM
resintooth
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you know this user?

Dazza01

I bought a set of crystal head lights of this guy a couple of months ago. He told me the lights where in perfect working order. When they arrived and where fitted to the car it turned out that there was damage to the back of the lights and couldn't be secured into place as the bracket on the back where missing on one light and broken on the other. I paid him £85 which I would like back. I'd be happy to post the lights back to him. I'm sure this wasn't done on purpose as he seemed a very honest and posted the items straight away once i'd sent him the payment via paypal.

He's a regular poster on here with over 6000 posts. I've sent him numerious pm's with no reply even though he's been online alot.

Does anyone know him or have a contact number for him. i've his address and email address but no phone number.

I'm sure you can all see why I'm so annoyed about this.All help is appreciated.

Cheers

Michael
Old 17 November 2008, 08:53 PM
Will
BANNED

try send him an email to the address u have pal.
Old 17 November 2008, 09:24 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by resintooth
Dazza01
I bought a set of crystal head lights of this guy a couple of months ago.
Indeed you did beginning of August

He told me the lights where in perfect working order.
Again, indeed they were as they have just been taken off the car

When they arrived and where fitted to the car it turned out that there was damage to the back of the lights and couldn't be secured into place as the bracket on the back where missing on one light and broken on the other.
Fitted way back in August but your telling me now ?

Question is,

Why back in August when they arrived did you not tell me then that they were broke ? why wait til now ?

You fitted straight away as you wanted them in a hurry and i did my upmost to get them to you as quick as i could, so they've been on the car for 3mths or more and now you've bust your engine your saying the lights are broke and don't work ? ?

Your mechanic may have broke these whilst taking out your engine and your now trying to blame me ? I've got every sympathy for you when a engine blows, christ ive shelled out nearly 10k on 2 engines cos of this, but there is no way im gonna except that these were broke when i sent them too you over 3mths ago, nobody would wait 3 mths then turn round and say this.
Old 17 November 2008, 09:37 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Not that regular tbh as 6000 posts isn't that many to say i joined in May 2003, there too many keyboard hero's on here and i didn't even see this thread until a mate kindly let me know

you've sent me numerous pm's ? ? You mean 2
Old 17 November 2008, 09:42 PM
resintooth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza01
Indeed you did beginning of August

Again, indeed they were as they have just been taken off the car

Fitted way back in August but your telling me now ?

Question is,

Why back in August when they arrived did you not tell me then that they were broke ? why wait til now ?

You fitted straight away as you wanted them in a hurry and i did my upmost to get them to you as quick as i could, so they've been on the car for 3mths or more and now you've bust your engine your saying the lights are broke and don't work ? ?

Your mechanic may have broke these whilst taking out your engine and your now trying to blame me ? I've got every sympathy for you when a engine blows, christ ive shelled out nearly 10k on 2 engines cos of this, but there is no way im gonna except that these were broke when i sent them too you over 3mths ago, nobody would wait 3 mths then turn round and say this.
I've explained why it took me so long in my pms to you. The engine blew and there was no point in fitting them. You are right. i did want them straight away at that time. The bodyshop didn't break the lights. i was called within a few hours of giving them to the guy to be told that the lights where broken. Not just one side but both of the headlights. they couldn't have been broken when delivered either as you had wrapped them extremely well. Why would I try and contact you after this time to get my money back or part of it if this wasn't true. I could understand maybe a few days / weeks. I've bought alot of stuff from people on here and the items have always been exactly as described.

why has it taken me to post a thread about this for you to even respond? Why couldn't you just reply asking the questions as you have done above? I find that strange

you seemed to be such an honest user when we spoke on the phone and you posted the stuff with such care as soon as the paypal payment was received.

Is there anyway we can resolve this?

Thanks

Michael
Old 17 November 2008, 09:49 PM
resintooth
Scooby Regular

Not that regular tbh as 6000 posts isn't that many to say i joined in May 2003, there too many keyboard hero's on here and i didn't even see this thread until a mate kindly let me know

Fair enough i've only sent you 2 pm's but 1 should have been enough. You've been online several times since i've sent them and I didn't get any response. Why is that?

Surely you could have had the courtesy to reply to me?
Old 17 November 2008, 09:58 PM
scatty
Scooby Regular

3 months to realise they are faulty???????

lights are on but nobody at home so to speak.......
Old 17 November 2008, 10:09 PM
resintooth
Scooby Regular

The lights where pretty much left in the box when I got them because of what had happened to my engine. They where the last thing on my mind if I'm honest. I realise now i should have checked them over fully when I received they. Put yourself in my shoes folks. You would be doing the same.

I haven't come on here to bad mouth the guy as i'd like to think he would be honest enough to come to some sort of agreement.
Old 17 November 2008, 10:18 PM
NXG
Scooby Regular

No agreement to be reached unfortunately. No-one in their right mind would expect a refund on used parts after three months...

You'll just have to chalk this one up to experience and check things when you get them. I think you'll find that's a common response.

BTW, have sympathy on the engine side, mine went too recently. Not having a go, just putting up POV.
Old 17 November 2008, 10:24 PM
resintooth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NXG
No agreement to be reached unfortunately. No-one in their right mind would expect a refund on used parts after three months...

You'll just have to chalk this one up to experience and check things when you get them. I think you'll find that's a common response.

BTW, have sympathy on the engine side, mine went too recently. Not having a go, just putting up POV.
I know you aren't having a go mate. i couldn't believe it when it happened. The new engine cost me a fortune but it's been well worth it.
i'll just have to take this one on the chin.

Just can't believe that someone would sell faulty goods on a forum. lesson learnt i guess.
Old 17 November 2008, 10:34 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry bud but whether this guy sent them broken or not, you left it too late to expect a refund/help. you must check these things as soon as they arrive. i have to side with dazza. if you raised it with dazza within 7 days im sure dazza would have talked about it/come to an agreement.
Old 17 November 2008, 10:36 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Michael,

If I may interject here can I just ask if you are 100% sure they were not damaged by the bodyshop or the likes?

Look I don't know you or Dazza01, but both of you seem like reasonable people reading your responses on here unlike some of the disputes we get over goods sold on SN so I just wonder if soemthing else has happened here,

I am not talking sides just asking you to just review if there is any possibility that the answer lies elsewhere. It's all too easy to get blinkered into one way of thinking over things like this, I know as I do it myself LOL

Anyway just my 2 cents worh and I hope you can resolve it amicably.
Old 17 November 2008, 10:44 PM
resintooth
Scooby Regular

I can totally see why you are all saying what you are saying. I appreciate your input. i just find it strange that it took me to post a thread about the situation for Darren to reply.

I'm 100% sure that the bodyshop didn't damage the items. I'm confident about that. The guy who owns the place and does the work on the cars wouldn't tell me they where damaged when he got them if that wasn't the case.

I'm just pissed off about the whole thing. I'll say it again. i can't believe someone would sell something that was broken.
Old 17 November 2008, 11:02 PM
NXG
Scooby Regular

Chances are they were fine when you got them, and shouldn't really post otherwise. You didn't check, so don't know. Anything you post is therefore speculation and possibly libel.

If you want some perspective on the honesty of garages, here's a little tale.

I had my wife's MY01 silver scooby wagon resprayed and the wheels refurbished for her birthday. I inspected every detail of the work and it was all ok. Drove the car directly to my (ex) favourite Tyres place in Northampton and asked them to swap good tyres from some old alloys onto the new ones, explaining they were freshly done so be careful. Off they trot and an hour later (I spent the time in the Halfords just up the road, reprogramming their satnav displays) they drive it back around to the front and I find a gash on one of the alloy's spokes. They deny all knowledge, treat me like an idiot and refuse to have it fixed. I haven't been back since. I also recommend everyone I know stays away too. We get through plenty of tyres on the scoobies, but they don't see any of that business any more. If they can do that to someone who buys a set 18" Goodyear F1 as often as we do, just think what they'd do to Joe Mondeo...
Old 17 November 2008, 11:24 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i bought something off a guy from cliosport, not knowing that the headlight alignment was off, thought it was just a dodgy bulb. after a few months, talked to the guy who said it wasnt like that before...

wiley
Old 18 November 2008, 12:46 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

When they arrived and where fitted to the car
The lights where pretty much left in the box when I got them
Look at this from my point of view, you first say they were fitted to the car, then you say they were kept in the box ?

Im sorry, but what do you want me to do here ?

Those lights were in perfect working order when sent out, now over 3mths later there broke ?

F.Y.I the reason why i didnt answer your 2 pm's is because i don't come on here very often, so i didnt see i had 2 pm's from you, when i do come on its normally only to view / post in the for sale section then i go back over to midland scoobies were i belong seeing as im a moderator on that site, thats where i spend my time, with my mates, because when people post stuff up about things like this, they want and expect the keyboard hero's to have a go as well, and im glad to say the people that have responded have been quite tame but most just like to heat it up into a full blown slanging match.

Ive only posted in here now because like i said a member of midland scoobies pointed it out to me and im buggered if im going to let someone come on here and have a go at me for selling damaged goods when i know i didn't, because i wouldn't.

I don't rip people off on here or ebay, all things i sell are discribed correctly, i been had a couple of times via ebay and pistonheads, and yes, it pi$$es me off hence why i don't do it to others.

So im sorry there isn't alot i can do is there, they were in perfect working order when sent.

How do i know you didn't break them or your mechanic and your just trying it on ? likewise your going to say they were broke when i sent them........but why would i send over broken lights when 99.9% of people check them as soon as they arrived and would be wanting there money back straight away ? it would be a pointless exercise

??????????????
Old 18 November 2008, 01:01 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Can i ask something here ?

resintooth, you say that the Garage 100% couldn't have broke the lights, how do you know this ?

You say that Dazza01 sent them broken, yet you say he couldn't have done because they were packaged so well

Did you open the package and check the contents ? If so you would have noticed damage to a bracket, and a missing bracket

If you didnt check the package and just gave it to the garage, how then can you determine with 100% confidence that the garage did not damage the lights

It seems that if you opened the box and checked the contents, then you have left it a little too late to start asking for a refund

Or if you didn't check the box and gave it straight to the garage, you cannot say with any certainty whether the lights were indeed damaged by the sender, damaged in transit, or damaged by the garage

Sadly in this instance you don't really have any comeback with the seller or the garage, especially if you never checked and fully inspected the contents personally
Old 18 November 2008, 02:01 AM
Will
BANNED

why do this public? cant you sort this private or by pm??

im sure scoobynet doesnt want this kind of threads!!!!
Old 18 November 2008, 03:32 AM
jdt263
Scooby Newbie

[QUOTE=Dazza01;8279607]Look at this from my point of view, you first say they were fitted to the car, then you say they were kept in the box ?

Im sorry, but what do you want me to do here ?

Those lights were in perfect working order when sent out, now over 3mths later there broke ?

How do i know you didn't break them or your mechanic and your just trying it on ? likewise your going to say they were broke when i sent them........but why would i send over broken lights when 99.9% of people check them as soon as they arrived and would be wanting there money back straight away ? it would be a pointless exercise

??????????????[/QUOTE

I Tottaly Agree with Dazza.. more fool you for not checking them at the time buddy. Its Easy to point the finger of blame to the person selling but no way after all this time, UNFAIR to even start this post and accuse someone i think. You paid-He posted-You got the goods, was down to you to make sure AT THE TIME you was happy with them IMO
Old 18 November 2008, 03:40 AM
tath
Scooby Regular

I bought a Ginsters Pasty 3 months ago. I opened it yesterday only to find it was rotten! The *******s. I want my money back.
Old 18 November 2008, 07:14 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tath
I bought a Ginsters Pasty 3 months ago. I opened it yesterday only to find it was rotten! The *******s. I want my money back.
More fool you buying a GINSTERS pasty - they're all rotten anyway.

Oh, and I agree with the fact that checking goods 3 months after receipt is too long.............
Old 18 November 2008, 07:49 AM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

I know Dazza he's a baldy git with an extensive Barry Manilow collection

But that not being the point, he's a decent chap who wouldn't know how to rip someone off if he tried. Waiting that length of time is just not done. As for pm's on here i have the same situtation logged on here to respond to this and i have a pm from months back wanting a reply as i don't log in often either i didn't see it until now.
Old 18 November 2008, 08:12 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

ive know dazza for years and bought loads of stuff of him, if he says they were ok when they were sent you can take that to the bank!
Old 18 November 2008, 08:42 AM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Sorry but i think someone is trying it on!

3 months to try and get your money back, And to say they were fitted then not fitted to a car.

Lay off the crack mate your having a bubble!
Old 18 November 2008, 09:27 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

I agree entirely with Dazza on this, if you have left it 3 months, I would not give anyone a refund and I like to think that anything I sell is described fully.

Also, if Dazza advertised them on here, there was a chance someone would want to collect them, this being the case, why would he advertised damaged headlights?

I don't know Dazza or you at all, but just adding my points of view.

BTW .... On a plus side (as said above), it is nice that people are trying to resolve their problems without all the swearing etc
Old 18 November 2008, 12:10 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Its obvious whats happened here. The monkey at the garage has broken them trying to fit them. Why on earth would he own up to it when, A) He'll have to buy you new ones. B) He'll look like a tw@t for breaking them. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Old 18 November 2008, 12:18 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
why do this public? cant you sort this private or by pm??

im sure scoobynet doesnt want this kind of threads!!!!
Old 18 November 2008, 12:20 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
ive know dazza for years and bought loads of stuff of him, if he says they were ok when they were sent you can take that to the bank!
I was about to say something along the same lines.. I didnt know about the BM records though...
Old 18 November 2008, 12:41 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

If you knew he had sent you 2 pm's why didn't you reply to them
Old 18 November 2008, 12:47 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Read thread closer!

Quick Reply: Do you know this user?