Sponsored by:

Refund from user turbo.2000

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2008, 05:24 PM
internethoudini
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Refund from user turbo.2000

To put in correct terms a partial refund. Having purchased a pair of crystal headlights and a fuel pump and paid the requested price incl p&p i was somewhat dissappointed when they were delivered and one headlight was bust!
The items were shipped via parcelforce. I recontacted the seller turbo.2000.
I agreed i would put the claim through parcel force. To cut a long story short glass is not insured with parcel force and hence they wont pay out.
So recontact said seller several times since, im not asking for all my money back, only 50% of the cost for the one new headlight and have been completely ignored since i informed him parcel force dont cover glass.
In my opinion its the sellers responsibility to ensure the goods are shipped in the correct condition up until the point of arrival. Therefore it is their responsibility to ensure they use a carrier with the correct insurance for the item being shipped.

So 2 things:
1) before you send or as a buyer pay the postage i suggest you make sure its covered during its journey!
2) if your reading this or you know turbo.2000 please can we get this sorted?
Old 12 November 2008, 05:34 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

you should have really put this in scooby general mate, no one will see it here.

j
Old 12 November 2008, 07:31 PM
chrisp77
Scooby Regular

hope you get it sorted soon matey
Old 12 November 2008, 07:49 PM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

i'd contact paypal and put a freeze on the funds/start a dispute, might get you a response ! if you don't have any luck and have paid by visa (to paypal) the just instigate a chargeback.
Old 12 November 2008, 07:51 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Its not the sellers fault in broke in transit though is it and personally it would be up to you to check the terms with the relevant courier seen as you are paying for the delivery of the item. I also think it is a bit unfair to "name & shame" the seller, as it were, without showing proof of the "badly" packaged item, so you say, he sent you.

imo
Old 12 November 2008, 09:07 PM
scoobybuster
Scooby Regular

Default BUST GLASS

for what its worth,i regularly send out glass items,lights,doors etc,just sent a tailgate down south which got returned smashed,courier wouldnt do anything so i ended up refunding the buyer in full right away,in my book i prob should have wrapped it better(if that was possible),gotta just take the rough with the smooth sometimes...worst case was i lost £20 carriage which is not the end of the world,if the guys half decent he`l sort you out.best of luck.
Old 12 November 2008, 09:31 PM
internethoudini
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dedrater
Its not the sellers fault in broke in transit though is it and personally it would be up to you to check the terms with the relevant courier seen as you are paying for the delivery of the item. I also think it is a bit unfair to "name & shame" the seller, as it were, without showing proof of the "badly" packaged item, so you say, he sent you.

imo
I dont disagree entirely, i never said it was down to poor packaging. It was however his responsibility (especially as he choose the courier not me) to send them in good order to me as i had paid for exactly that service. I also sympathise that knowing or unknowlingly they have been caught out by parcel forces insurance clause regarding glass.
Had the parcel not contained glass it was insured for up to £150 and they would have paid out!
As for naming and shaming, i havent shamed anyone? i have merely asked if someone knows him to get him to get in touch. As he wont answer my pm's and i did send him notice over a week ago after persistent attempts that i would be posting regarding the matter.
I also have only asked for half in fact less than half the cost of a replacement headlight which i have managed to source for £63. But fail to see why as the buyer i should stand the cost of the loss and then have to buy a new light to boot?
As before any help is appreciated.
Old 12 November 2008, 09:39 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

how much did you pay?