Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The bare arsed cheek of some people on here!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2008, 12:15 AM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The bare arsed cheek of some people on here!!

Well a while ago I payed somebody from here for a 3 port boost solenoid.

After several weeks i got fed up and PM the guy with no response.
Then i see a thread and it becomes clear im not alone as this person had done this to several other people. I added to the thread to say that I was also in the same boat and next thing an infraction against my name by the same person for insulting him WHEN HE HAS MY MONEY AND HAVE NOT SENT GOODS!!!!!
Do the mods on here not ask people what happened before giving infractions?
does it matter that his old account was blocked and that he has now
re-registered?
Old 22 October 2008, 12:21 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Mate if you have been geuinely ripped off get the police involved. I'm sure Scoobynet will help you all they can
Old 22 October 2008, 12:41 AM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

It not enough to bother the police about a mere 35 quid it is just the whole principle of it in my eyes.
Old 22 October 2008, 12:49 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

There have been several threads about this (if it is the same person I think it is)

The net result is that you need to go to the police, if you dont then he will have got away with it again

the infractions may have been given by a user, so no questions are asked before giving them out, only once they have been given can you post in policy stating unjustified infraction (if you feel it is unjustified) however if you insulted someone then the infraction will possibly be deserved, regardless of whether someone has ripped you off or not ( 2 wrongs don't make a right)

But when all said and done, contact the police with his details and let them deal with it
Old 22 October 2008, 06:40 AM
CAT2
Scooby Regular

We all know who you mean - he's ripped me off for over £100 too. I'm going down the leagal route now and I encourage you to do so too, even for £35. It's still theft and the more info the law have on this person the better.

I for one find the lack of action against this person and the nonsensical infarctions handed out on related threads incomprehensible.
Old 22 October 2008, 10:54 AM
BigAl024
Scooby Regular

Name and Shame Ciaran.
Old 22 October 2008, 01:13 PM
phil739
Scooby Regular

name him/her

to stop others being in the same boat
Old 22 October 2008, 02:19 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

Its worth pursuing even though its for only 35 quid. If the person who robbed you thinks the sums are to too small to be pursued they will more likely carry on and rob others.
Old 22 October 2008, 02:43 PM
andrew jeffs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil739
name him/her

to stop others being in the same boat
ha ha,dont even bother trying on here to name and shame, you will be infracted and banned,like me,twice, for trying to warn about this man which all involved know who it is.Anyway at the moment i am in contact with him,he has said he is sending my money back to me via paypal,however i got a pm today from him saying my email address has been rejected?
.I myself have a brother in the police who is ready to act on this outcome,wheels are in motion with colleges in barnsley.I have told, you know who,this is the last chance.I know he will read this,so do yourself a favour and sort this out, and we can all be done with this whole pathetic affair!
Old 22 October 2008, 02:54 PM
andrew jeffs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
There have been several threads about this (if it is the same person I think it is)

The net result is that you need to go to the police, if you dont then he will have got away with it again

the infractions may have been given by a user, so no questions are asked before giving them out, only once they have been given can you post in policy stating unjustified infraction (if you feel it is unjustified) however if you insulted someone then the infraction will possibly be deserved, regardless of whether someone has ripped you off or not ( 2 wrongs don't make a right)

But when all said and done, contact the police with his details and let them deal with it
how come i keep seeing your name when it comes to this person,talking about insults and deserved infractions,your negative comments are not wanted.You are not involved, and have no idea whats been going on!
Old 22 October 2008, 03:24 PM
darren...
Scooby Regular

The way I read it he was giving advice to the OP who asked why he might have got an infraction.

There have also been posts in policy about the best way to deal with this problem and he's reflecting that advice. HTH
Old 22 October 2008, 03:41 PM
andrew jeffs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by darren...
The way I read it he was giving advice to the OP who asked why he might have got an infraction.

There have also been posts in policy about the best way to deal with this problem and he's reflecting that advice. HTH
policy is fine when people understand the rules of scoobynet,but unfortunatly human emotions take over sometimes when torrents of abuse and taunting is comming your way,when trying to ask for the wereabouts of bought and paid for items.I dont want to get in another argument about this matter,but the fact remains many people on here have lost money they cant afford to lose when running a car on a budget,and people can snap when pushed to far.Policy is great in theary,but trying to get the police interested in a missing £35,especially online is difficult.The only reason i have got things moving is i have a family member who can do the inquirys for me.
Old 22 October 2008, 04:03 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrew jeffs
how come i keep seeing your name when it comes to this person,talking about insults and deserved infractions,your negative comments are not wanted.You are not involved, and have no idea whats been going on!
Seems a little odd you deem my comments negative, when I am stating that you should go to the police, this has been discussed several times, and its always the same answer

Webmaster has even said he will do everything he can to assist once the police have been informed and contacted him

If it was me being fleeced then I would be in contact with the police
Old 22 October 2008, 04:54 PM
andrew jeffs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ciaran
Well a while ago I payed somebody from here for a 3 port boost solenoid.

After several weeks i got fed up and PM the guy with no response.
Then i see a thread and it becomes clear im not alone as this person had done this to several other people. I added to the thread to say that I was also in the same boat and next thing an infraction against my name by the same person for insulting him WHEN HE HAS MY MONEY AND HAVE NOT SENT GOODS!!!!!
Do the mods on here not ask people what happened before giving infractions?
does it matter that his old account was blocked and that he has now
re-registered?
comments please,from the man in question,or is this guy another one"making trouble for you"
Old 22 October 2008, 05:09 PM
MY,k436suy
Scooby Regular

Ok, I was also caught up in this mess, I too got banned for "Trolling " etc... but true to my word and for what it's worth i said i would come on here and say if i got my money (£49) back. I told Matt i would do this after a few pm's we had just over two weeks ago.
Now as i'm a man of his word and all that i can now say "honestly" that i have now received my funds back through paypal, it's my fathers account and he confirmed it this morning.
He apoligized and as far as i'm concerned the matter for me is now closed.
But for you others still waiting, take a deep breath, i understand your anger but try and speak with him on an adult level and i hope your matters also become resolved.
John.
Old 22 October 2008, 05:34 PM
andrew jeffs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MY,k436suy
Ok, I was also caught up in this mess, I too got banned for "Trolling " etc... but true to my word and for what it's worth i said i would come on here and say if i got my money (£49) back. I told Matt i would do this after a few pm's we had just over two weeks ago.
Now as i'm a man of his word and all that i can now say "honestly" that i have now received my funds back through paypal, it's my fathers account and he confirmed it this morning.
He apoligized and as far as i'm concerned the matter for me is now closed.
But for you others still waiting, take a deep breath, i understand your anger but try and speak with him on an adult level and i hope your matters also become resolved.
John.
and how long did it take,how many wasted hours,how many times have we all been banned and infracted,do you think he would have sent the money back if we hadnt kicked up,no.Certainly he wont send my money back,as he beleives i am just making trouble for him(his words)
Old 22 October 2008, 06:05 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrew jeffs
.I myself have a brother in the police who is ready to act on this outcome,wheels are in motion with colleges in barnsley.I have told, you know who,this is the last chance.I know he will read this,so do yourself a favour and sort this out, and we can all be done with this whole pathetic affair!
M8, my bro-in-law is a copper in Barnsley (& registered on here). He's attended many scoobynet organised events so would probably be interested in this sh1tty type of rip-off. If you want, pm me some info & i'll pass it on.
Old 22 October 2008, 06:21 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

We all know who it is..... but the fact that you should 'speak with him on an adult level' will be very hard for some people to take.... if he stole that money from you on the street would you feel the same way????

he has ripped off many many people and has earned himself a bad, yet very just, reputation. Thieves are scum.
Old 22 October 2008, 06:26 PM
andrew jeffs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STEVECHAPS
M8, my bro-in-law is a copper in Barnsley (& registered on here). He's attended many scoobynet organised events so would probably be interested in this sh1tty type of rip-off. If you want, pm me some info & i'll pass it on.
cheers mate,PMs coming..
Old 22 October 2008, 06:50 PM
1000001 horsepower
Scooby Regular

Ciaran you have a pm it is being dealt with I did not receive you info Sorry...Cat 2 pm me please with a contact number to sort out thanks..

As for Andrew I want you to show the abuse you have got All yyou have done is pm me crap and say I have abused you I have not in anyway....if I have show it I did get stroppy in one pm today but no abuse...I have tried to sort out with you At first you would not give me details to deal with it I do have the goods you told me you wanted a refund so I asked for details it took 6 pm's and a pm from me to web master asking him to contact you to give me details....So now where at today Again on several posts you say I abused WHEN?? You finally pmed me a paypal addy Now I have tried 5 times to refund it will not do it..I have pmed you telling you All I get is stop playing games?????No games I want this shi* over too?? Now I have pmed you asking for another way to send you a refund...Provide me the details and when I do it I will post up here for all to see thanks.....Now all I ask for is a bit of a break so I can deal with this so there is no need to slag off or post crap..
Old 22 October 2008, 06:52 PM
1000001 horsepower
Scooby Regular

I have not stole from anyone At all you have no idea what has gone on so no need to post CRAP like this it does not involve you...
Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
We all know who it is..... but the fact that you should 'speak with him on an adult level' will be very hard for some people to take.... if he stole that money from you on the street would you feel the same way????

he has ripped off many many people and has earned himself a bad, yet very just, reputation. Thieves are scum.
Old 22 October 2008, 06:53 PM
555)
Scooby Regular

MR DILLON

CAN I HAVE 1 OF THESE:

1) THE ITEM I PAID FOR
2) MY MONEY BACK

NO EXCUSES, ARGUMENTS BITCHING ETC I WANT THIS RESOLVED ONCE AND FOR ALL
Old 22 October 2008, 06:54 PM
1000001 horsepower
Scooby Regular

pm me a contact number i will ring you now
Old 22 October 2008, 06:57 PM
555)
Scooby Regular

pm sent
Old 22 October 2008, 06:58 PM
MY,k436suy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2

I understand where you coming from completely, and yes it will be very hard for people after what has happened to "speak with him on an adult level".
But lets not forget this, i'm in no way sticking up for him in any shape or form, i'm mearly pointing out that in my situation I found it easier to take a step back, look at the way I was behaving (which to be honest wasn't my normal character or I wouldn't have found myself infracted (many times ) and then subsequently banned) and then to try another approach which was to stop the insults and speak with him how I'd like to be spoken to myself, anger aside that is.
My post was also aimed at those peeps involved in this who have lost out, and was there to give people some hope.

John.
Old 22 October 2008, 07:11 PM
1000001 horsepower
Scooby Regular

Thanks richard for the conversation We will talk soon mate
Old 22 October 2008, 07:15 PM
555)
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 1000001 horsepower
Thanks richard for the conversation We will talk soon mate
ok or ill be typing big letters again
Old 22 October 2008, 07:35 PM
1000001 horsepower
Scooby Regular

ya I know you will All wrapped up taking it tomorrow mate..
Originally Posted by 555)
ok or ill be typing big letters again
Old 22 October 2008, 08:46 PM
1000001 horsepower
Scooby Regular

So now Andrew can all this crap stop I will get it out to you OK cheers

Quick Reply: The bare arsed cheek of some people on here!!