Sponsored by:

Ebayer problem

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2008, 09:33 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebayer problem

Hi, i purchased a spoiler off ebay,thinking it would fit straight onto my car,but have since found out it is only the top half of a sti6 spoiler,so usless on it's own.
This is the item discription:

You are bidding on a mint condition mica blue Rear Spoiler for a 1993 - 2000 Subaru Impreza. It was fitted to my P1 as a temporary measure (approx. 3 weeks only) until the Prodrive P1 version was available. Stored in a dry room, wrapped in bubble wrap, and paint finish is immaculate.

The spoiler has not been sent yet.I have been offered a refund,minus ebay fees,as he said it's my fault. I feel it was badly listed,and should get a full refund. What do you think? Am i being unreasonable?

Mit
Old 20 October 2008, 09:39 PM
Tucker82
Scooby Regular

What does the title say mate? Does he say anywhere that its only the top half? If not I would argue it with him.

I hate muppet ebayers... So many people out to make a quick easy pound note these days
Old 20 October 2008, 09:42 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

If the item did not sell the seller can reclaim his fees..
Old 20 October 2008, 09:46 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

tell him its not a complete spoiler and therefore bloody useless. let him send it and then pclaim with paypal saying you havent recieved it. (dont claim its not as described as they always file in favour of the seller) crap isnt it
Old 20 October 2008, 09:59 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

The discription is as above,i've not chopped it at all. This is the listing:
Subaru Impreza Mica Blue Rear Spoiler on eBay, also, Subaru, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 19-Oct-08 21:55:32 BST).
I have filed a dispute,so that something has to be agreed.
Out of interest,do you think i would be able to sell it for the same money?
Old 20 October 2008, 10:06 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

no way would you be able to sell it for the same money. as I have said above if you file a dispute and ask them to make a decision for anything other than item not recieved they will always find in favour of the seller.
Old 20 October 2008, 10:13 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mit
The discription is as above,i've not chopped it at all. This is the listing:
Subaru Impreza Mica Blue Rear Spoiler on eBay, also, Subaru, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 19-Oct-08 21:55:32 BST).
I have filed a dispute,so that something has to be agreed.
Out of interest,do you think i would be able to sell it for the same money?
Well on the descripition it appears to be a full spoiler and as far as I am concerned the photo of the spoiler looks like a full spolier but I am no expert on STI 6 spoilers.
Either way I think the description is insufficient and you should not be paying for it. Hopefully the seller will accept his mistake.
Old 20 October 2008, 10:35 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

I'd let him refund you most of the money, then ask for the fees back,
taffy
Old 20 October 2008, 10:42 PM
dave247
Scooby Regular

On the photo it looks like the top half only, i would have asked before i bidded on it

Last edited by dave247; 20 October 2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 20 October 2008, 10:42 PM
555)
Scooby Regular

the item in question is a picture of the top of a v6 spoiler, the advert does not show a picture of or mention anything regarding the bottom half of the spoiler so how has the seller done anything wrong?

if you are an Impreza owner surely you would know/notice the difference between a complete spoiler and the top of a spoiler?
Old 20 October 2008, 10:49 PM
sanf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mit
The spoiler has not been sent yet.I have been offered a refund,minus ebay fees,as he said it's my fault. I feel it was badly listed,and should get a full refund. What do you think? Am i being unreasonable?
Mit
If he is happy to refund you, then he files the dispute. If you agree with it, he then gets his fees back. I did it recently. I sold something that the person in the end was unable to pick up. I filed the dispute, they agreed with it and I didn't have to pay any fee's, so both parties were happy, as I re-sold the item.
Old 20 October 2008, 10:51 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you buy what you see on ebay, bad luck mate

wiley
Old 20 October 2008, 10:59 PM
nsld
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 555)
the item in question is a picture of the top of a v6 spoiler, the advert does not show a picture of or mention anything regarding the bottom half of the spoiler so how has the seller done anything wrong?

if you are an Impreza owner surely you would know/notice the difference between a complete spoiler and the top of a spoiler?
I am on my second impreza but last time I looked train spotting wasnt high on my list of hobbies so I wouldnt know which bit was missing (the legs of the ironing board?), plus generally speaking I am not looking at the backs of other cars You need to get out more mate, maybe discover girls, that kind of thing! Being able to spot spoilers at 100m isnt a great attribute in life.

The description says "spoiler" not "top of spoiler" or "section of spoiler" so its not the best description although the photos should help if you know roughly what it is your looking for.
Old 20 October 2008, 10:59 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pictures clearly show only the top half! Generally with ebay you buy whats in the picture, if it aint there, theres a good chance you aint getting it.
Old 20 October 2008, 11:04 PM
dave247
Scooby Regular

Look at pictures i posted above, its not hard to tell whats missing. If you wanted a v6 spoiler surely you must know what they look like to make you want it?
Old 20 October 2008, 11:06 PM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nsld
I am on my second impreza but last time I looked train spotting wasnt high on my list of hobbies so I wouldnt know which bit was missing (the legs of the ironing board?), plus generally speaking I am not looking at the backs of other cars You need to get out more mate, maybe discover girls, that kind of thing! Being able to spot spoilers at 100m isnt a great attribute in life.

The description says "spoiler" not "top of spoiler" or "section of spoiler" so its not the best description although the photos should help if you know roughly what it is your looking for.
Out of interest if you seem to know that little who told you it was only half a spoiler you must have know what you were after mate?

and if you did know you needed the bottom also why not ask the seller before bidding?
id say you were in the wrong here mate seller done nout wrong Greig
Old 20 October 2008, 11:09 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dj219957
The pictures clearly show only the top half! Generally with ebay you buy whats in the picture, if it aint there, theres a good chance you aint getting it.
correct ----- if only the description had been as accurate!!!!
Old 20 October 2008, 11:12 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

thats the whole point, i know what a sti 6 spoiler looks like, but i was after something a little less in your face. I thought this was it, as it said it would fit 93-2000. No mention of being part of a spoiler.
Old 20 October 2008, 11:17 PM
dave247
Scooby Regular

It also has no mention of a brake light like on a v6 spoiler, i think its your own fault and should be prepared to pay him the ebay fees. All IMO of course
Old 20 October 2008, 11:19 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX_SWRT
Out of interest if you seem to know that little who told you it was only half a spoiler you must have know what you were after mate?

and if you did know you needed the bottom also why not ask the seller before bidding?
id say you were in the wrong here mate seller done nout wrong Greig
thats a little unfair! I posted a question last night, to see if anyone recognised it. I then learnt it was a top half. Spoilers are not my best subject, now engines, thats a different story.
Old 20 October 2008, 11:24 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dave247
It also has no mention of a brake light like on a v6 spoiler, i think its your own fault and should be prepared to pay him the ebay fees. All IMO of course
I never thought it was a v6 spoiler when i bought it, i don't want a v6!! There's no mention of v6 in the add.just wanted a mid level spoiler!
Old 20 October 2008, 11:30 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dave247
I never thought it was a v6 spoiler when i bought it, i don't want a v6!! There's no mention of v6 in the add.just wanted a mid level spoiler!
Old 20 October 2008, 11:56 PM
555)
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nsld

truth hurts?
Old 21 October 2008, 12:15 AM
RRH
Scooby Regular

I have a mid-level in white if its any good. Think it came of an STi2 or 3- can't remember.

If its of any use, just pay me the p&p (about £15) and proof of an appropriate contribution to either the McRae or Burns charities, and its yours
Old 21 October 2008, 12:28 AM
flat4 to the floor
Scooby Regular

RRH thats mighty good of you nice to see a few gooduns around.hope he takes you up on the offer.a few would do well to follow your lead.
Old 21 October 2008, 09:24 AM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

The add description is crap to be fair, but it does not eplain whether its a full spoiler or half or even what model/version it is!
I personally wouldn't of contemplated about bidding on it and if you were interested you should of asked the questions

I bought one from Ebay last year and it was advertised as a classic wrc spoiler. It looked really good and was unpainted. I drove to pick it up (about 60 miles each way) in my classic and had a good chat with the seller. When I got it home and tried to fit it to see what it looked like it didn't fit a classic, it was a new age spoiler I was furious because the bloke I bought it from could of told me to my face that the add was wrong and I wouldn't of had the probs in trying to get rid of it. I sold it in the end and got my money back, but lost out on the cost of fuel

I would go for a re-fund, or look out for a v6 or maybe a v5 spoiler (if there the same bottoms) that may have a damaged top half or no top and make 1 spoiler from 2
Old 21 October 2008, 09:49 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Looking at the fixings on the bottom it looks like they are the same as on the bottom of my v4 spoiler it may still bolt on?
Old 21 October 2008, 09:56 AM
mit
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RRH
I have a mid-level in white if its any good. Think it came of an STi2 or 3- can't remember.

If its of any use, just pay me the p&p (about £15) and proof of an appropriate contribution to either the McRae or Burns charities, and its yours
That is very kind, you'r a top bloke! Im at work at the mo, so using my phone! I'll send you a pm tonight.
Old 21 October 2008, 10:56 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 555)

I dunno "austinwrx" didn't even know what a 22B was until recently - ask him

I think It's gonna be hard to prove myself, as the pics (to those in the know) clearly show the top half of an STi6 spoiler.

Something similar happened to me about 2 years ago. I saw some Ibiza posters for sale for buy it now 3 for £10. Great I thought and bought them. Only when they arrived they were actually photographs of the originals on A4 paper - seriously. I tried the dispute thing and got knowhere. The selleer got away with it as he never mentioned they were copies or originals, so had nothing to prove. It was upto me to ask if they were original - I mean come on

Good luck though fella - that seller has been sneaky but may just about squeeze in the rules there 50-50 me thinks.
Old 21 October 2008, 01:15 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

well, paypal have closed the dispute, and it went in my favor! So im happy! Thanks for all your advice! :-)

Quick Reply: Ebayer problem