not a mark any where

p1 splitter (original)
p1 interior
sti steering wheel
rare sunroof version
alpine tv head unit with dvd nav
jl audio speakers and sub and amp
hid driving lamps

i am not messing when i say she is in very very good condition i am only thinking about selling this car as my wife has been diagnosed with m/s and we need something more suitable if its not worth it i shall keep it i have owned this car since 2000 and have loved every minute of it i shall truely be sorry to see it go
looks and sounds incredible
pics not possible at the moment i am just after ideas
Old 12 October 2008, 11:04 AM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try to keep it mate, as unfortunately in the current market (unless you are v lucky and sell to an enthusiast e.g. on here) you will get nothing like 'its worth' to you (hope that makes sense lol). If I were buying, subject to checking out car, maybe 5-6 k????? with that spec (sounds like quality work has been done and money spent), but I'm far from an expert.

Hope things work out well, a friend's mother has MS .

cheers,

dnc
Old 12 October 2008, 11:23 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

like dnc says, keep it. sorn it if you have to. the amount of money i have spent on my car would frighten you, but there is no way i could ask for the money i have put into it if i decided to sell. i bought another car and took out trade insurance. it was only another 200 more a year. if it's cash you need and you have to sell then as has been said in the current climate don't expect too much. sorry fella, economics don't lie. a car like yours, heavily modded will not be cheap to run or insure.
Old 12 October 2008, 01:26 PM
stevet350
Scooby Regular

not a question of the money i just need to get some clarity back in my life to be honest the car is truly mint running near 400hp with similar torque i have spent near 20k on her to get her to this standard an absolute dream to drive i was just gauging value to see what i could look for out there to keep the costs down as we do are still a bit rocked by the diagnoses tbh
i was thinking 9k would be a figure for which i would part with it as i have just spent 4k on the paint and bodywork
£3200 gearbox and ecu and oil cooler
61/2k on engine last June
brakes hifi etc etc £7k
ast`s £1200 last nov
i think i may have to keep her she is when all said and done my pride and joy and its still early days yet i will put some photo`s up this week for every one to comment on
Old 12 October 2008, 01:45 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Hope I'm not speaking out of turn here Steve. It sounds like you don't want to sell the car and I don't think I would, it does really sound a top spec and well looked after car. If it is a source of enjoyment for you, I'd keep it (particularly as money isn't the issue) as you will need some enjoyment through what could become difficult times. My friend's mother is a tough woman and they (as a family) are coping well (maybe 15 yrs since diagnosis), but it is difficult at times so............

..............keep the car and have some fun . Just think about the difference in what you've spent on the car relative to what you could sell it for - you could buy some half-decent comfy run-around for that.

Sorry this is turning into a counselling thread rather than 'whats it worth' lol, but I really do think you would regret selling.

Again, hope things work out best for you all

dnc
Old 12 October 2008, 05:44 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It wont be worth anything like you put into it, possably 4-4.5k, unfortunately modifying cars has its down falls, you could spend 30k modifying and it is still only worth 4k

But on a slightly brighter side you probably wont need to sell your car I would go and have a look about your mrs eligibility for mobility (she should be depending on the severity of the ms), though it may be a bit rough on you both as ms isnt very nice
Have a look here, there are plenty of local MS groups with other people who suffer from it in your area, so your not alone
Multiple Sclerosis Society Website - Welcome to the MS Society - Support Groups

Tony
Old 13 October 2008, 08:11 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Sorry dude, but you ain't gonna get £9k for a 9 year old UK turbo, regardless of mods or exclusivity, the market just isn't there currently. Unless you wanna take a massive hit on what you think your car is worth, I would just keep it as it's worth more than way.
Old 13 October 2008, 03:37 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

As above, you'd be wasting your time and money advertising it for £9k unless you leave £4k in a suitcase in the back for the new owner.

Welcome to the recession!
Old 14 October 2008, 08:47 AM
stevet350
Scooby Regular

thanks for the advice guys i am keeping it, it has just been a **** year for us and i was feeling a bit fooked off ........