RINGER SCOOBY ON EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2008, 11:35 AM
ScoobySportSpecial
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RINGER SCOOBY ON EBAY

this car is a ringer,

SUBARU IMPREZA SPORT SPECIAL WRX STI P1 REPLICA LOOK! on eBay, also, Subaru, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 24-Sep-08 22:00:09 BST)

Reg is X939 USX

I viewed this car in Lincolnshire erlier this year, The cars vin plate was GLUED on, not even rivited!!!! And the plate with the colour code etc was glued on,

I peeled the vin plate up and there was the reg plate wrote on the back of the vin plate, And the old vin plate had not even been removed.

the grill still looks to be held on with cable ties, still has the passenger side headlight washer missing, flat pink subaru badge on the front, same wheels with no centre caps, Rear spoiler held on with mastik, and you can even see the grey in the pics.

The rear lights have been changed, as when i viewed it, they was cracked and the boot was full of water and rusty.
the script was wonky under the STI on the boot lid, and there is a wonky prodrive badge under the right side rear light, there was mis matched paint on panels, as the paintcode is 27a iirc Mika Black, and some panels where black and some where mika with the red metalic flakes in.

The car is deffo a ringer, and all the above points have made me identify it, REG is X939 USX
Old 19 September 2008, 01:15 PM
michael_jenkins
Scooby Regular

Report it? maybe?
Old 19 September 2008, 01:51 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

hmmm dodgy
Old 19 September 2008, 01:53 PM
El Cat
Scooby Regular

"AFTERMARKET
HAS A CAT BACK TURBO BIGGER PIPED EXHAUST SYSTEM JASMA MAKE, VERY NICE 4 INCH TIP, IT IS JUST RIGHT NOT NOISY AND NOT QUIET IT SOUNDS SMOOTH GOOD FOR LONG JOURNEYS E.T.C.."

why does it say turbo when its normally aspirated and why does it have the seats with the yellow trim from the other sport special edition that comes in yellow??
shocking!
Old 19 September 2008, 02:37 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

IIRC the all sport specials had the yellow trimmed seats, if not wifeys one had been changed also. everything else aint right tho.
Old 19 September 2008, 02:42 PM
Cream
Scooby Regular

ScoobySportSpecial don't be telling us, Get onto the police and lket them sort the moron out.

Trending Topics

Old 19 September 2008, 02:43 PM
Dowsie WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57
IIRC the all sport specials had the yellow trimmed seats, if not wifeys one had been changed also. everything else aint right tho.
agreed i had one a few years back with the yellow trim (view my profile). I bought mine from Subaru and was told the seats were standard on that model.
Old 19 September 2008, 03:55 PM
El Cat
Scooby Regular

sorry just thought the yellow cars had yellow trim
my mistake
Old 19 September 2008, 05:53 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dowsie WRX
agreed i had one a few years back with the yellow trim (view my profile). I bought mine from Subaru and was told the seats were standard on that model.
scary, i had a reddish blue ( turbo tho) first scoob, wifey had a black sport special and now she has a 99 DBM.
Old 19 September 2008, 06:26 PM
Tucker82
Scooby Regular

"NO NASTY SUPRISES"

Until you get a tug in ya nice new motor!!
Old 19 September 2008, 06:40 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

ScoobySportSpecial, if you know it to be a ringer letting the police know may be a good move.
Old 19 September 2008, 09:08 PM
p060064h
Scooby Regular

hope it is a ringer cause i have reported it

i cant stand people doing honest folk over for there hard erend wonga
Old 19 September 2008, 09:49 PM
Eddie1980
Scooby Regular

I cannot say I'd ever buy anything where the add was full of CAPITAL LETTERS.

Really winds me up.
Old 20 September 2008, 01:13 AM
spares-for-you
Scooby Newbie

IT HAS RECENTRLY BEEN BOUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT THER ARE SOME SPECULATIONS IN REGARDS TO THE AUTHENTICity OF MY VEHICLE.

the car when i viewed it was checked over before purchase, the main chassis number on the body is perfect not been tampered with as for the chasiis metal plates they look tatty as if someones tried taking them off, the car was a cat c and previous owner had mentioned that parts were missing off it, if the car was a ringer i think the vic test centre would cofiscate the car without a doubt as its their job to check identitiy ...

now instead of every one jumping up and down trying to ruin my reputation and deeply offending me as i would never knowingly sell or buy a vehicle that was illegal. i would like to set the record straight

The car was bought on the 16 of august from manchester. the vehicle has been insured and driven for a couple of weeks. i have been sorting the vehicle out so it has been in a body shop and imperfections have been sorted such as the bodywork.

for everyone making comments in regards to this issue there is no proof that this car is a ringer and i will be contacting the police to put all your minds at rest, in regards to this issue .

i have all the documents for this vehicle including the vic check certificate dated the 23/5/2008 test location GVTS96.

my contact telephone no is -07874094024. i have nothing to hide as this is an issue i was not aware of untill now and i have no issue taking this further to the neccessary authorities . can the person who started this thread get incontact with me..
Old 20 September 2008, 01:19 AM
spares-for-you
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by HT04
the whole listing looks very very dodgy. im sure some 'mug' will buy it tho.

how does the lisiting look dodgy mate explain your answer , i can understand your all a community on here just cos someone has assumed its a ringer doesnt mean it is without proof so can everyone stop getting the wrong end, i have spent some money on this car getting into top condition come and view it,
Old 20 September 2008, 01:21 AM
spares-for-you
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Eddie1980
I cannot say I'd ever buy anything where the add was full of CAPITAL LETTERS.

Really winds me up.
lol no comment on this post good for you if you dont want to buy anything where capital letters are used in a listing????????????...
Old 20 September 2008, 01:24 AM
spares-for-you
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by p060064h

hi contact number is 07874094024, i will never ever do a honest folk over thats not me sorry, your making an assumption on a comment that has no fact or proof., please dont judge me on this, i will be advising on the outcome tomorow after the police have been contacted...
Old 20 September 2008, 01:26 AM
spares-for-you
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Cream
ScoobySportSpecial don't be telling us, Get onto the police and lket them sort the moron out.
dont call me a moron! il be contacting the police myself and we will see the out come then!!
Old 20 September 2008, 06:11 AM
djmisio85
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spares-for-you
how does the lisiting look dodgy mate explain your answer , i can understand your all a community on here just cos someone has assumed its a ringer doesnt mean it is without proof so can everyone stop getting the wrong end, i have spent some money on this car getting into top condition come and view it,
Is JASMA some kind of tuning company???
Old 20 September 2008, 07:56 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by djmisio85
Is JASMA some kind of tuning company???
some info here about jasma.

https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain...tml?showfull=1
Old 20 September 2008, 08:27 AM
djmisio85
Scooby Regular

Lol, I was being sarcastic..... I know very well what JASMA is, its just that many people don't know what JASMA is, and rather than an automotive association for governing the legality of an exhaust/muffler "in Japan", they think its a tuning company, and feel the need to highlight it in their ebay ads
Old 20 September 2008, 08:40 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

me too. that why i posted a link so a few would find out what it was.
Old 20 September 2008, 08:46 AM
djmisio85
Scooby Regular

me too. that why i posted a link so a few would find out what it was.
Lol yeah, I was waiting for him to post again, and tell me its a really good company that make racing exhausts

If you don't know what something is, either do your research or don't mention it at all..... or be specific and say "I dont know what make it is, but its stamped as "jasma".....
Old 20 September 2008, 09:00 AM
Maddog
Scooby Regular

Look at you lot! A bunch of baying wolves!

Have a read over all the posts on this thread again and listen to yourselves.

For a kick off.

ScoobySportSpecial
If you're that bothered about the car, why didn't you report it when you viewed the car
"erlier this year"
El Cat
why does it say turbo when its normally aspirated
Perhaps it's obvious that the exhaust came from a turbo even though the car isn't one?
shocking
Yes, a disgrace. Someone actually modifying a Subaru. What will they do next?

HT04
the whole listing looks very very dodgy. im sure some 'mug' will buy it tho
What's dodgy about the listing? You're basing it on what the OP typed in his first post on the subject

Cream
You know the guy like? Or are you just best mates with your internet buddy?

p060064h
Nice. I suppose you report people cause you think they might be a paedophile too? Don't you know that mud sticks even if proveninnocent? Think about your actions and don't get involved in what doesn't concern you

100% agree.

spares-for-you
If what you say is 100% genuine, then i would push for a public apology from the original poster for his misinterpretation of the facts which will damage any reputation you had if he /she hasn't already done so.
Likewise, if you are found to be dishonest with regard to the vehicle you have for sale, then do the same and apologise publicly rather than disappear into oblivion to resurface elsewhere.

In future to all of you people, unless you are personally aware of complete circumstances, think before you type a response.
Old 20 September 2008, 09:40 AM
Ryo
Scooby Regular

I gotta say, fair play to the seller for coming on here and being upfront about it. Spot on.
Old 20 September 2008, 10:48 AM
El Cat
Scooby Regular

QUOTE SCOOBYSPORTSPECIAL
I viewed this car in Lincolnshire erlier this year, The cars vin plate was GLUED on, not even rivited!!!! And the plate with the colour code etc was glued on,

I peeled the vin plate up and there was the reg plate wrote on the back of the vin plate, And the old vin plate had not even been removed.

i'd just be worried about that to start with!
hope the guy sells the car but there are ways if making listings look and sound better when reading them!
Old 20 September 2008, 10:50 AM
bmfcrash
Scooby Regular

Works both ways, Thanks to the OP for pointing out there may be some history with this car, AND to the seller for trying to clear it up.

All very well moaning about the OP, but if you had bought a car and found it to be something other, would you thank people who told you after the event?.

The seller has not lost any credability (as yet), and if everything checks out to be good then they have got some big brownie points for defending their reputation and letting everyone know the police findings.

Win win situation at the moment so thanks to both parties.
Old 20 September 2008, 11:31 AM
Maddog
Scooby Regular

I don't see it being a win win at all.

If the seller owns this vehicle legitimitely, it doesn't matter if he sells the car, because people now have a red card against him (his Ebay username)because there's now some (history (!) ) attached to him. It doesn't take long in this world of easy communication for word to get around, but in due course the facts soon distort as people forget the truth, they just remember something rings a bell about someone and it wasn't good things.

So what if he tarts the car up to sell? Who doesn't? The seller hasn't hidden anything, he's told you it's been a cat c.

With regard to the OP pointing out all these faults which point to it being a ringer, none of those listed relates to being a ringer at all, apart from the VIN plate issue, which quite rightly, if there were plates stuck on top of originals, then you would walk away from the vehicle immediately.

The other thing that nobodies mentioned yet are the timescales. i.e. the time when OP viewed the car originally and when the seller bought the car. Was it the case that the OP viewed the car when it was owned by this seller, or has there been somebody in between?
Old 20 September 2008, 02:34 PM
bmfcrash
Scooby Regular

We have to agree to disagree in this case then, because the seller has come forward and is getting the car checked out himself, he is proving to be a VERY honest and genuine seller.

The fact he is attempting to find out shows what a decent guy he is (and must have reservations himself).

Whatever the outcome I cant see a problem buying from them given the interest in getting to the bottom of this 'little mix up'.

Quick Reply: RINGER SCOOBY ON EBAY