Sponsored by:

What would you do.....

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2008, 07:02 PM
adam6900
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do.....

Say you buy a Gearbox on e-bay from a Scooby owner Advert says its a low mileage box, You message him to ask if it has any funny noises he replyes "nothing wrong with it at all sounds / works fine",

You pay Quite strong money for it as after all it is a good box and yours has a whine in first, Collecting very soon and not messing the seller about at all, You then pay to have it Pro fitted at a garage as you dont have time to DIY it, who then calls you to say its locking up as soon as we drove it on full lock and it whines like a pig (front diff gone totaly) you go down there to find it is indeed totaly Shaged and walk away £320ish out of pocket for the fitting and expensive oil

You text seller offering to give the garage's number and he gets all Arsey and tells you to go away

A- Return Gearbox with Hi-Abb to his driveway accidentaly landing it on car

B- leave it a Few days for him to see the error of his ways and then text again seeing if he has worked out he may be a little out of order selling it as good (he is not avarage Jo Blogs he knows his car stuff so would have known it was shot)

C- any more ideas?

Personlay i would NEVER stitch some one up with a faulty part in the first place, but occasionly things are no good and you dont notice so i have always done the best thing and refunded in full normaly without question

Its a shame as he seamed like a Realy nice Genuine bloke at the time?
Old 10 September 2008, 07:15 PM
zedy
Scooby Regular

u get pri**s like this, theres a joker on here called EVERSHAM sold me some messed up stuff sayin it was ok only to find the stuff was shot and he knew the stuff was shot because i did past post searches and found out he tried sellin em as needin refurbishment wiv no luck hence lied to me!!!!!
i found out after !!! he had cheek to lie to my face
he wouldnt reply to my messages either when i complained after paying labour to have the part fitted!!!

if it was big money id get the cu*t hit up no 2 ways about it

up 2 u wat u do tho

Last edited by zedy; 10 September 2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10 September 2008, 07:37 PM
mit
Scooby Regular

I take it you paid cash on collection? If you used paypal,then you can file a dispute,and should get your money back(except the fitting costs). After that,go cause £320 worth of damage to something of his!
Old 10 September 2008, 08:05 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Delivery it back to him in pieces mixed with a tonne of concrete - placed neatly on his drive when he's at work.
Old 10 September 2008, 08:35 PM
sti-chris
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to hope you payed by Paypal and can open a dispute , you should get your money back for the box at the best.
Sorry to hear this tho.
Old 10 September 2008, 08:58 PM
adam6900
Scooby Regular

Unfortunatly i payed cash and collected he is now offering £150 ROTFL , the bad thing is i could have bought a STI box the same as i had already and driven the car before it was removed for the same money but i wanted the longer gearing of the wrx box, so i went for that, it even cost me £60 in petrol to get there and 4hr trip , its so loud you could not have Ever missed the noise, he is now saying it came from a rear ended car so i dbought the c*nt ever actualy drove it
Old 10 September 2008, 09:01 PM
adam6900
Scooby Regular

Cu*ts geting gobby now accusing me of lieing via text, he has got untill the box is back out to pay up or it will go through his roof

Trending Topics

Old 10 September 2008, 10:17 PM
JB1
Scooby Regular

Do you have anything in writing where he says it all works fine? If you do I think the only way you can get any of your money back is to take him to small claims court. If your garage can verify that it wasn't working as soon as it was put your car then you have a case. But, as per all these things. Even if you get him into court, and win, he will probably say he can't pay and offer you £1 per week till it's paid.

Or, you find the largest bloke in his street, and drop an annonymous letter through the blokes door saying the ba%$£ard banged his wife. If that doesn't work, I like the cement idea while he's at work.
Old 10 September 2008, 11:10 PM
adam6900
Scooby Regular

Yeh messages Via e-bay messages & e-mail saying its all good

Looks like it might be sorted now, have to wait and see if he is good to his word or not....Smail claims are always ok with stuff like that , its just a shame there might be a need for it,

To be honest ill have calmed down by tomorow a bit if he does get things sorted just Totaly steeming at the moment as i sold my Skyline a couple of days ago as the scooby was going to be finnished, so am stuck driving a shafted 325 bimmer thats fallng appart, and have lost the love for the scoobs so its got to get broken to get my cash back