help needed 96 gf8

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2013, 01:29 AM
random rs
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed 96 gf8

hi guys need a bit of help is possible

car was running a1 on monday gone, took it in and had to chase a small oil leak so i removed the intake manifold and tmic and piping, while off i sprayed the mani,, put all back together and when i started it up it was running really rough and popping and cutting out, i found a small split in the turbo to i/c pipe so replaced that and problem still there, i adjusted the iacv and that seems to have relieved it a bit but it has gone back to rough idle again,

driving it its fine its boosts fine no hesitation or anything but when slowing down in 2nd gear it kind of cchugs and jerks.

car was then brought back in and it sounds like a misfire, popping and going down to 540 rpm, usual is 750 ish and steady but now its very erratic and hunts up and down for a bit then goes down to 550 odd rpm, iv check ed all boost and vac lines, but i do know that while removing the mani the wire to the plug for the knock sensor was pulled from the plug, it was just stuffed back into the plug but not a great job done on it,

iv diconnected the afm and car cuts out straight away, i disconnect the iacv and the car starts to die too so these are not at fault

could the fact that the knock sensor wiring is not great be causing the rough idle and misfire??

car was a1 before the intake removal, car is stock bar a pod filter and bov.

is it safe to drive if its the knock senor til i get it fixed tomoro? i have an early morning drive of 20 mile round trip to do.....

my head is fried right now trying to figure it out, ill post a video up of how the cars running in a few minutes, car is not throwing any CELs up

car is stock 96 gf8

any help greatly appreciated

Dan