Sponsored by:

Response to the recent evo v's sti tests

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2008, 09:56 AM
jho!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Response to the recent evo v's sti tests

When a car programme gets a car to test the least they could do is learn to use the settings.

The SI drive on the STI has 3 settings (not 4 as that muppet on Pulling Power said)

Inteligent - the SLOW one, slow throttle response but aimed at giving the best fuel ecomany. 70 mph on a motorway on intelligent and cruise control on I have seen 38 mpg. It does not adjust to your driving style as that muppet said.

Sport - Medium throttle response ok for driving round town.

Sports sharp - The one I drive in the most high throttle response how to get the most out of the engine. The seeting that sould be for any test.

DCCD

There are 2 main settings Auto and Manual.

Auto has three settings Auto, Auto + and Auto -

In auto (defalt setting) the car sends power and torque where the car needs it.

Auto + the ballance is biast towards the front wheels good on slippery surfaces (ie wet tracks) If this setting was used on 5th gear the STI would not have been so tail happy and gond round the corners quicker.

Auto - the ballance is biast towards the rear wheels good in dry, quick turn in greatly reduces understeer (a trait on all awd cars)

In manual mode you can adust the central diff from locked (good straight line traction rubbish round corners) to diff "loose" as auto - but can be even more tail happy.

I have owned my car now for 3 months and absolutly love it. Ok not every one likes the shape my wife still thinks the rear lights are the worst thing she has ever seen.

But please don't listen to these pillocks on the telly Top gear, 5th gear and pulling power (worst programme ever) go out and test drive one, put it in sport sharp, auto- or man all the back (if dry) and see for yourselves, you never know some of you might like it
Old 12 August 2008, 10:28 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

I've tried and tried to stay in "I" mode... FAIL....

Now getting bored of Sport

I'm thinking Re-Map in say.... 6 months at this rate?
Old 12 August 2008, 11:08 AM
jho!
Scooby Regular

Know what you mean, i'm waiting to see wait prodrive to and how much

Hopefully it will be 340 bhp and a big extra lump of torque and an exhaust that burbles
Old 12 August 2008, 12:05 PM
DazW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jho!
When a car programme gets a car to test the least they could do is learn to use the settings.

The SI drive on the STI has 3 settings (not 4 as that muppet on Pulling Power said)

Inteligent - the SLOW one, slow throttle response but aimed at giving the best fuel ecomany. 70 mph on a motorway on intelligent and cruise control on I have seen 38 mpg. It does not adjust to your driving style as that muppet said.

Sport - Medium throttle response ok for driving round town.

Sports sharp - The one I drive in the most high throttle response how to get the most out of the engine. The seeting that sould be for any test.

DCCD

There are 2 main settings Auto and Manual.

Auto has three settings Auto, Auto + and Auto -

In auto (defalt setting) the car sends power and torque where the car needs it.

Auto + the ballance is biast towards the front wheels good on slippery surfaces (ie wet tracks) If this setting was used on 5th gear the STI would not have been so tail happy and gond round the corners quicker.

Auto - the ballance is biast towards the rear wheels good in dry, quick turn in greatly reduces understeer (a trait on all awd cars)

In manual mode you can adust the central diff from locked (good straight line traction rubbish round corners) to diff "loose" as auto - but can be even more tail happy.

I have owned my car now for 3 months and absolutly love it. Ok not every one likes the shape my wife still thinks the rear lights are the worst thing she has ever seen.

But please don't listen to these pillocks on the telly Top gear, 5th gear and pulling power (worst programme ever) go out and test drive one, put it in sport sharp, auto- or man all the back (if dry) and see for yourselves, you never know some of you might like it
Maybe they're 'old skool' & just want to get in & drive a car, rather than have to read the manual & adjust settings playstation style??
Old 12 August 2008, 12:34 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jho!
Know what you mean, i'm waiting to see wait prodrive to and how much

Hopefully it will be 340 bhp and a big extra lump of torque and an exhaust that burbles
Was in the local stealers (Pretty much all last week due to my car), and noticed they were advertising a new Special Edition Impreza called the WRX 'S' 320. Claimed it was to have 320BHP. Although I seem to recall at a motorshow that there was either an STI 'S' or WRX 'S' 380?!
Old 12 August 2008, 01:02 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

thought the WRX S is the 230bhp
Old 12 August 2008, 01:05 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

NO..I was thinking of the S GT (Jap spec only) and it is 250bhp
Old 12 August 2008, 04:38 PM
SqeekyMclean
Scooby Regular

older models are better than the latest cars enough said.....
Old 12 August 2008, 05:57 PM
rpjowl
Scooby Newbie

I have just been told reliably that there will be a

WRX-S 253bhp
STi-320s 320 bhp but with nav and a few bits extra as standard
and
STi-380 380 bhp re built at prodrive £40,000