Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Dentmaster ?

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2001, 12:21 AM
ndouglass
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll have to find one in my area, the neighbours kids have just got these new micro scooters.
In one weekend I had 2 dents appear on the nearside where the come down the driveway, the car hadn't been moved. They hadn't masted the art of straight steering and I caught them the second time. I've told the neighbour that he's gonna foot the bill for the repair, he said "No, problem. Sorry it happened as he loved my car and banned scooters from the driveway".

Old 17 January 2001, 12:25 AM
Silver Surfer
Scooby Regular

Try Dent Devils - just as good plus will do a deal for cash as they are self employed!
Old 17 January 2001, 10:56 AM
AndrewW
Scooby Regular

I've picked up a shallow dent in my rear drivers side door whilst parked in the local shopping center carpark.

There was recently a discussion about the merits of the various paintless dent removal processes available.

I wonder if someone could recommend someone to perform such a service in the Edinburgh area. A mobile 'we come to you' service would be ideal.

Thanks,

Andrew.
MY99 DBM 5 door + SS backbox + dent ...
Old 17 January 2001, 11:02 AM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

Which is why I either park in the Mother and Baby spaces or absolutely miles away from any other cars. Really annoys me that people are so ignorant and clumsy that they just open their door into somebody elses car.

Anyone else ever parked in a relatively empty car park miles away from any other car and come back to find another car parked next to yours even thought there are loads of other empty spaces?? (Last time it happened it was a 5 Door Impreza Sport which was pretty cool!)

[This message has been edited by JoeyDeacon (edited 17 January 2001).]
Old 17 January 2001, 11:17 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Andrew

I used Dentmaster on my previous Peugeot 306 - they were very good. This was at the time I was getting the Scoob and the guy did mention that he had done a few Impreza's aswell. Biggest problem I guess, is that they are a franchise, so the quality of people will vary considerably.

Worth a try though, as long as the dent is fairly shallow, not more than about 6 - 8 inches long and the paint hasn't cracked.

Cheers
Chris
Old 17 January 2001, 11:26 AM
JAMES BUSHELL
Scooby Regular

I used Dentmaster to fix a dent in my roof that Auto Windscreens gave me after bodging the fitment of my new screen! Fantastic! Couldn't even find where the dent had been, nevermind see a ripple.

James
Old 17 January 2001, 11:26 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

JoeyDeacon

Don't forget that sometimes it is kids in the back that just fling the door open. I only know this cos a kid did it to my car whilst I was in it. Parent apologised but it was an accident in the end.

Other times it is just tossers though
Old 17 January 2001, 11:41 AM
BillyHeadcase
Scooby Regular

I always get strange looks when I park at the furthest most point on the carpark and then park at an angle taking 2 spaces up. I'm sick of people opening doors against my car. One guy even did it when I was sat in my car.....He ended up with a boot size dent in both his door and his ****.....wenker

Anyway I had dentmaster out a few weeks ago, because the dent on the doors was on a crease they couldnt fully repair it...only charged half price.
Old 17 January 2001, 11:52 AM
Andy Banks
Scooby Regular

touchy subject....some **** in a merc parked 1 foot away from my car, even though I'd parked miles from other cars and well over to one side of the space.

Gave me my first ding on my new STi6, and made it bloody hard to get out of the space.

Am i a bad person for considering scraping my key down his wing? I only didnt cos my consceince got the better of me!! ****!

From now on....my car takes up two space, dont give a crap.
Old 17 January 2001, 01:14 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

I used dent master a while back.

Was told if they can't remove the dent completely there is no charge, he made it look much better but it was still there, no charge!

MattN
Old 17 January 2001, 03:19 PM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

Question

Do dentmaster do bumper repairs?

I've got a slight graze on miy rear bumper.

Some old gipper tutted to his wife and muttered about the quaility of my parking when I went across 2 spaces in B&Q the other day.

I rounded on him and said "see all those dents down the side of the car.."

"no" he says...

"exactly" say I. "have a think".
Old 17 January 2001, 03:32 PM
330sapp
Scooby Regular

I also park miles away from other cars or take up two parking spaces. Passengers must think Im mad as i drive past all the spaces near to the entrance and proceed to drive half way across the car park to find a massive space. I still often come back to find some w@nker parked next to me. Must be a built in human grouping/pack instinct

Ive yet to find a dent on my carefully parked cossy (I just know I shouldnt have just said that!!) whilst my banger runabout is littered with small dents and a couple of scrapes as I just stick it anywhere.

bren

Old 17 January 2001, 05:16 PM
church_monster
Scooby Regular

Angry

Mines the same, although I doubt even dent masters could remove it, parked in Croydon multi storey for no more than 30 minutes, whilst on customer site, cam back and hey presto the magic dent appeared. It's right in the centre on the front wheel arch so I have no idea how it was done unless a maniac with a cossie drove past pulled out a sledge hammer and hit it, but I don't think so somehow.
Old 17 January 2001, 06:41 PM
Rob W
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi silver surfer,
How's tricks?
Could you give me the number for dent devils
as I need a few dings sorted, would they travel to north london?
Cheers
Rob

[This message has been edited by Rob W (edited 17 January 2001).]
Old 17 January 2001, 08:37 PM
adge
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

It really pisses me off when people dent your car through there own carlessness/stupidity.
When I had a cavalier it had a few dents and my mate who works for BMW got someone he knew to have a go at removing them and I must admit I was pretty immpressed with what he did as I could hardly see where they had been. But I guess like all these things it depends on the guy who's doing the job.
Best off luck sorting them out.
Cheers Adge
Old 17 September 2006, 11:41 PM
pip squeek
Scooby Newbie

I have a shinny black car after receiving a ding I tried one of these small dent companies. At the time I was very pleased with the results as I couldn't see the dent afterwards, only if I looked for it at shallow angles and only vaguely.

I am just wondering if I should expect these dents to completly disappear without a trace?

thank you
Old 18 September 2006, 09:04 AM
ARM-Scooby
Scooby Regular

I had a dent removed from the passenger door.

Same story as above, parked in the furthest space from the door, only for someone to park right next to me.

I am from leicester and used Auto Dents 07885816611

Chap called Rob, very helpful and quick!
Old 18 September 2006, 09:41 AM
ARM-Scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pip squeek
I have a shinny black car after receiving a ding I tried one of these small dent companies. At the time I was very pleased with the results as I couldn't see the dent afterwards, only if I looked for it at shallow angles and only vaguely.

I am just wondering if I should expect these dents to completly disappear without a trace?

thank you

it depends exactly where they are mate. If its on an existing bend in a door or wing it can be hard to totally remove. Something on a flat face is normally ok.
Old 18 September 2006, 09:49 AM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Dent Devils.

They charge around £60 per panel, and will perfectly repair up to 3 small dents on that panel. (Well they did on one of my old Scoobs!)
Old 18 September 2006, 10:30 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Put a post in the northern section about the DENT DEVILS

I arranged for 3 north east franchises to turn up for the NBO this year and they were flatout. All really good work from all three franchises.

there link is on the links page on the NBO site

www.northernbigone.co.uk

john