Sponsored by:

Hockenheim Ring

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2001, 01:20 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Question

I live just south of Hockenheim and was wondering if any of you have, or plan to visit this track for one of you track days. I know it's a hell of a treck to get here but is it worth investigating to see how much it would cost and when it could be done, or does anybody already have this information.

Steve
Old 17 January 2001, 02:05 PM
Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

You'd be better off going up to the Nurburgring, Hockenheim isn't a particularly interesting circuit, long straights interrupted by a few chicanes and a little twisty stadium section....

They even use the section of track just before entering the stadium to race dragsters!
Old 17 January 2001, 02:48 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

Nurburgring is less than an hour from here Steve, if and when something gets setup you can crash out in our house before driving back(no pun intended )

Cheers
Cammy
Old 17 January 2001, 03:32 PM
Stephen Read
Scooby Regular

Wurzel,

I believe that Hockenheim run 'public driving' days.

The are some dates on the hockenheimring.de website but not much more detail. You could e-mail them....

I think there was a feature (or supplement) in Autocar or Car about a number of the top European circuits that were open to the public on specific dates each year.

This feature was published well over a year ago and sorry but I don't think kept it.

From what I remember, it is occaisonally possible to pay-per-lap (like the Nurburgring) or else by the hour (Monza, I think) which sounds good if you don't 'want' to commit to a whole day!

Good luck.
Stephen

As soon as spring is in the air and I can ditch my Michelin Pilot Alpin's, I'll be heading over the Alps to Monza!

[This message has been edited by Stephen Read (edited 17 January 2001).]