Sponsored by:

which exhaust please?

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2008, 10:47 AM
leonski
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which exhaust please?

Ive recently bought a 55 plate wrx but it only has the standard exhaust. My last car was an my99 uk turbo with a scorpion centre and backbox which to be honest sounded really good and i miss the burble. Not sure what to go for but ive seen a scoobyworld cat back package with afterburner centre and a choice of silencer. Im sure ive heard people mention this afterburner before so im just looking at my options really.
Any advice/recomendations? I like a nice sounding exhaust but nothing too mental if you know what i mean. Whats the opinion on scorpion exhausts as it was allready on my last car when i got it.
Also on my year of impreza it says there is no cat to remove in the centre so does that mean i will get no performance benefits?
Old 20 July 2008, 10:54 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i doubt you will get much/if any performance benefits just by fitting a back box, you will see alot more from a full decat (turbo back) and a remap.

as for systems alot of members like to go for the blitz nur spec but this is loud,or the vortex..

there a few nice sounding ones out there which arnt too over the top..ie TSL Group N or a hayward & scott system, or if you can mangage to find one then the STi Genome is a quallity backbox and sounds amazing.
Old 20 July 2008, 10:59 AM
leonski
Scooby Regular

its still under warranty so i just want the noise for now. The scoobyworld kit changes the centre section as well as the backbox and it says on the website that on a classic it added 22bhp. On a classic though it says that the centre cat is removed but on a newage there is no cat to remove so im guessing there will be less power to be made?
Old 20 July 2008, 11:04 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

with the newage already having no centre cat,then in therory you would just be fitting a back box rather than decating as on the classic,therefore as i said you wont see hardly any/if any gains just from a back box.

as for the 22bhp,added then ide have to see it to believe it (imo) but if scoobyworld say so then it maybe true,but thats on the classic
Old 20 July 2008, 03:56 PM
ISLANDMAGEEZER!
Scooby Regular

I got a 3" decat Milltek system on mine,with a 4.5 slash cut tail pipe.East to fit(as are all i'm sure)and it has a lovely burble with a few nice pops thrown in for good measure!!!
Old 20 July 2008, 04:24 PM
D.O.M
Scooby Regular

I would say get a Blitz Nur Spec...got one on mine, and love the sound the scoob make snow, a deep burble But bar ein mind it is a very loud system.

I had an afterburner vortex on my bugeye, which was quite loud (not as loud as the blitz) but had a nice burble on idle and full chat sounded amazing
Old 21 July 2008, 06:31 PM
leonski
Scooby Regular

i think im swaying towards the afterburner. The blitz might be too loud for me.
Old 21 July 2008, 06:41 PM
D.O.M
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leonski
i think im swaying towards the afterburner. The blitz might be too loud for me.
Yeah it is a good system. I was going to buy the afterburner when the BLitz was out of stock...but luckily managed to get my hands on one.

Think my mate (Wiley on here) is selling his afterburner vortex and afterburner centre section as he is changing to a Blitz too. So give him a PM, might be able to get a good deal.
Old 21 July 2008, 06:47 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

The WRX does have a centre cat (sort of) in the 2nd section of the downpipe. You can remove this and maybe gain a few horses.

If you want to keep it simple, I would get a non resonated centre pipe and either a TSL group N or a Prodrive box off ebay (Subaru approved, so warranty friendly). Not super loud, but very pleasant and neighbour friendly.