Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sent off cheque...No parts sent :mad:

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2002, 05:53 PM
DARREN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About 5 weeks ago i bought an HKS induction kit from a bloke up in the midlands,the cheque went through and he told me the parts had been sent,This was a second hand item and i still have not heard a bean from him,i e/mail him every day but to no replies[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Anybody else sent up money and not recieved parts privatley.
I've done this lots of times before and Scoobynet has been full of good honest people,but not today[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Darren(£85 out of pocket)
Old 02 February 2002, 06:01 PM
Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Had a similar experience. Though you could go through claims court or alternatively use solicitors.

I spoke to my solicitors, they advised me to write 1 more letter then they would do the rest!!!

I had acknowledgement that goods were rceived but no payment made!

In future send post dated cheque for 2 weeks ahead of current dat if items not received or cheque is paid call your bank stop cheque (may cost £10), or if cashed advise them it was post dated....Most banks won't check dates on anything under £5000 due to volumes of cheques being used & so will credit the money back....

Old 02 February 2002, 06:05 PM
Luke
BANNED

Darren

Bang out of order. I arrenged the DawesDevice group buy. I was lucky. I used my money up front. All those who took part paid me as promised. One has written to me and mentioned that his cheque has not been cashed by me......(Send me another one mate ,you know who you are!!!)

I have sent a "Genesis" amp off and received cheque .Likewise i received another "Genesis" amp i bought here on this BBS. No one waited for cheques to clear etc. Just a couple of calls and all happy.
Next week I will meet up with a member to get some wheels and tyres. he has waited a few weeks for me to sort things out. I offered the guy a cheque to "Hold them for me " but he felt my word would be good enough. He will also assist in delivering a sub I have sold. The buyer will send cheque.

I have found "Scoobynet" to be a great place . Sure we have our moments and our own humour cannot always be understood!!!!

Contact Simon,explain, then try to contact again. If after 5.days no joy .NAME AND SHAME, also the person concerned should be kicked off the Scoobynet.

I hope that you get your money, Maybe there is a reason......

Good luck

Luke
Old 02 February 2002, 06:08 PM
DARREN
Scooby Regular

i hope there is a genuine reason,but the person in question is still posting on Scoobynet?????????????????????????????
Just wont reply to me[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Darren
Old 02 February 2002, 06:09 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Happened to me once - best thing I find is if u know address and name then do a search on BT webbie for their phone number - give em a suprise call and that usually ****s em up.
Old 02 February 2002, 06:09 PM
Luke
BANNED

Use registered post.... Saves alot of problems.
Old 02 February 2002, 06:17 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Angry

Bang out of order, gone I guess are the days when a person's word is their bond. Another good reason to bring back capital punishment - I say put heads on sticks on front of city gates as a reminder to others.

Why don't you name and shame him ? Then we could make him an outcast - he could have his own thread - damn right popular it would be.

People like these have no credibility, its unfortunate, but its society I am afraid. Just like the w*nk*rs that scrathced down both sides of my McRae when I had it.

Only one answer - steel baseball bats.....
Old 02 February 2002, 06:19 PM
DARREN
Scooby Regular

Luke i sent the cheque,he's supposed to be sending the goods????

Darren
Old 02 February 2002, 06:48 PM
PeterUK300
Scooby Regular

Darren
Name him in shame on here if his a member as there could be a reason and someone on here might know him

Pete
Old 02 February 2002, 06:53 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

You have the adress you sent cheque to??? Get up there and confront him. Have a little word if you know what i'm saying.
Old 02 February 2002, 06:58 PM
bumcrack
Scooby Regular

Red face

Darren mate Name him, he might try and rip somebody else off
Old 02 February 2002, 07:21 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Angry

Darren,

Why not drop an e-mail to Simon (Webmaster). This persons account could be frozen until this is sorted. He used scoobynet to advertise this and has not delivered.

Lee
Old 02 February 2002, 07:32 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

We NEED a name Darren - someone may live close to them - then they can go around and sort out the problem .... could be all innocent of course

BUT you HAVE to put a name up ......... if they will not return an e-mail or post then they could just be scum ... and we have a duty to protect other members ...... no way to throw them off is there?? anyone can sign up, a name change wouldnt help anyone!!

Pete
Old 02 February 2002, 07:34 PM
Luke
BANNED

if both parties use registered post it could save a lot of agro if some one decided they "Did not receive" goods etc.
Dont name and shame until you have asked Simon.
Old 02 February 2002, 07:53 PM
AJF
Scooby Regular

spoke to someone last week and he told me someone sent him a cheque for goods but sender didn't give him his address
Old 02 February 2002, 07:56 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Question

AJF

Did he cash the cheque?

Pete,
Could Simon disable all login's from this persons IP address?

Lee
Old 02 February 2002, 07:58 PM
Luke
BANNED

Wink

Forgot to mention..... Watch out for PsLewis. He once asked for people to send him a Valentines card. He promised to pay costs and a £5.
I never heard back from him.

It was sent to his work address. You should have seen what he asked me to write..... Pete your a perv!!!

if you want me to pretend to be "Cindy" this year ,pay me what you owe

[Edited by Luke - 2/2/2002 7:59:09 PM]
Old 02 February 2002, 08:14 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

LogicLee - do you REALLY think that if Simon could block an IP address then I would still be here????

Luke - I made it quite clear that you had to wear NO knickers, YOU insisted on wearing those Gold Frilly ones, so - sorry contract recinded

That valentines day cost me a lot - but 'hey' there was 267 cards I DIDNT have to pay for!!!!

Could I request that all the women on here that post me a valentines card please just e-mail me one this year?? - think about it, I would be spending SO much time reading them I wouldnt be able to come on here!!

Pete
Old 02 February 2002, 09:52 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

Darren,

The flip side to this is that the un-named Midlands chap could have sent the goods and they didn't get to you. It's happened to me. How can I be sure the item was sent you ask? Well it was a freebee and no reason to lie. Damn postmen.....

The only problem with your story is that he doesn't return your emails. But I suppose that could be up the creak as well....

F
Old 02 February 2002, 10:02 PM
AJF
Scooby Regular

don't know just sender never gave address
Old 02 February 2002, 10:55 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Sorry to see this post..

I have sold, and bought a number of items on the board and no real problems.. Apart from Parcel Force messing up a delivery but the person I was sending to organised the correction of that before I could even get around to it (cheers, you know who you are).

I shall be a bit more cautious from now on..

Assuming you have an address... at £85 I'd be tempted to pay a visit...

hope you get it sorted

JGM

Edited to say "Corner!"

[Edited by Jolly Green Monster - 2/2/2002 10:56:42 PM]
Old 02 February 2002, 10:59 PM
Luke
BANNED

Again..... Registered post. Its not expensive and can save a lot of grief
Old 03 February 2002, 06:47 AM
Luke
BANNED

Keep it going lads.... This could be a goodun!!
Old 03 February 2002, 07:46 AM
Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Visiting isn't going to help............I mean you may get a good punch in, but then you get done for affray. & what if they are 6ft 9? & work out in a gym 24-7.....And then what if they are out....& on holiday for 1,2,3 or even 4 weeks.....

Get a shoe box deposit a large "stool" leave it in your garage for 2 weeks & then post it to them! You can always add a complimentry "Umbrella-as used in cocktails!"
Old 03 February 2002, 09:35 AM
DARREN
Scooby Regular

The guy eventually e/mailed me this morning asking what was up!!!!!!!.
How was the filter he asked????????
I've since mailed him back asking was the item (recorded)
Why he hasnt returned about 15 e/mails and can he give me a ring!!!!!!!
Naming and shaming is a last resort,along with my baseball bat
Will give him time to have his say and we will se what happens,it could be a problem with the post getting lost,but then where do i stand.
Thanks for the comments
Darren
Old 03 February 2002, 09:49 AM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Angry

Darren,

As others have said, name & shame.

Maybe the bits got lost in post, but even so it's out of order to ignore your emails.

If it turns out to be a genuine ****-up e.g. lost in post but sender has been on holiday etc, then let them post up an explanation and an apology!

If it is something more sinister, then let the rest of us know not to deal with this person!

Best of luck
Tim
Old 03 February 2002, 11:13 AM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

John you clever little git

I now know too Hope it works out for you Darren

Scott
Old 03 February 2002, 11:39 AM
sasman
Scooby Regular

Can you TEACH them some manners, a BlacK day for trust on this BBS Unless of course its a genuine mistake.
Old 03 February 2002, 11:59 AM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
Hold on! Do we really want ScoobyNet to be some kind of kangaroo court? Hasn't Simon Webby got enough on his hands without being asked to sit as judge and jury on something he has heard only one side of?

There could be loads of reasons why these goods haven't turned up - postal problem, e-mail down, holiday, unplanned hospital visit, unexpectedly away on buiness.

If there is a ligitimate excuse, naming and shaming could put YOU in a lot of bother. It's got close to this already with some clever searchers putting two and two together (and maybe making 22).

This is not ScoobyNet business. If Simon was to embrace such a policy, God knows what would happen. There are some malicious people about. A nasty thread was deleted only yesterday (I don't think many people saw it and if you did, best keep it to yourself) where the motivation was questionable. Simon is not an internet policeman.

Having said that, I too have bought and sold stuff on ScoobyNet with absolutely no problems. I will continue to do so without hesitation. There are many, many good people out there. Don't let one bad apple etc etc.

Richard.

(Lecture mode off now. Sorry if that sounds pompous )
Old 03 February 2002, 12:20 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

Smile

"Hold on! Do we really want ScoobyNet to be some kind of kangaroo court? Hasn't Simon Webby got enough on his hands without being asked to sit as judge and jury on something he has heard only one side of?"

No, certainly not. But do you want Scoobynet to be a place where, because of it's abstract nature, will allow users to manipulate it their advantage, to possibly post mis-information, without the information itself being questioned (when there is good reason to do so)? The end result (possibly) being someone losing out.

"If there is a ligitimate excuse, naming and shaming could put YOU in a lot of bother. It's got close to this already with some clever searchers putting two and two together (and maybe making 22)."

If you are referring to me, what i posted was certainly not making '22', I only made observations, *not* accusations.

"This is not ScoobyNet business. If Simon was to embrace such a policy, God knows what would happen. There are some malicious people about."

Agrees, Simon emailed me and I have apologised. The subject of those posts will not be brought up again on Scoobynet. But my intentions were certainly not 'malicious'.

"A nasty thread was deleted only yesterday (I don't think many people saw it and if you did, best keep it to yourself) where the motivation was questionable. Simon is not an internet policeman."

The motivation was purely in the interests of others; you have the luxury of never being deceived through the medium of the internet so i would not expect you to fully understand the 'motivation'. I *have*, and so have many others, unfortunately. My motivation was to try and save someone else this experience.

"Having said that, I too have bought and sold stuff on ScoobyNet with absolutely no problems. I will continue to do so without hesitation. There are many, many good people out there. Don't let one bad apple etc etc."

Again, you are lucky. But will you still feel the same if you lose out in some way? Would you name and shame if you had adequate reason or will stick to your above principles?

Disclaimer - the above in not in direct reference to any scoobynetter, this is purely a theoretical discussion.

Quick Reply: Sent off cheque...No parts sent :mad: