Sponsored by:

Someone Tried to Steal My Scooby Last Night

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2008, 08:30 PM
gazza_howard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone Tried to Steal My Scooby Last Night

Around midnight last night I was woken by some shouting on the street outside my house. I shot up out of bed for a look as this is unusual as our estate is pretty quiet, but couldn't see anythig and just thought it was one of the neighbours having a row.

Anyway this morning the guy from across the road collared my mrs to tell her he had disturbed three youths who were around my scooby with torches looking through the windows . The shouting was him scaring them off.

This is the first time in nearly three years of owning it that anything like this has happened and it has really upset my mrs as the last place we thought we would have any problems was on our own drive. I don't know what this country is coming to you can't even have a nice car anymore without some scally thinking it's his god given right to take it off you.

So if you live in the Grantham area keep an eye on your scooby, cos someone else might also have their eye on it.
Old 06 June 2008, 08:47 PM
SPIDERWRX
Scooby Regular

put it in the garage (job done) would never leave my scooby on the drive at night, and i live on a nice estate. leave it outside and one day someone mite kick the door down....(which happend to my mates CUPRA R)
Old 06 June 2008, 08:53 PM
gazza_howard
Scooby Regular

I would love to but the car doesn't physically fit in my garage. I can get the mrs ZR in but you have to climb out the boot!!!! I've managed to blag some garage space for a few nights to start with at least from my sister.
Old 06 June 2008, 08:56 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SPIDERWRX
put it in the garage (job done) would never leave my scooby on the drive at night, and i live on a nice estate. leave it outside and one day someone mite kick the door down....(which happend to my mates CUPRA R)
happened to me, thieves didnt bothere trying to break inthey just hoofed the down and threatened me

still got car though
Old 06 June 2008, 09:00 PM
SPIDERWRX
Scooby Regular

i would put up a spot light, when it comes on it beeps inside.(you can get one from b & Q)
Old 06 June 2008, 09:02 PM
T1000
Scooby Regular

you could have a removable post installed into the concrete behind your car then park it tight against the garage so it can't be moved off. Also put a tracker on the car as well as something like a Disklok to deter thieves.

I have a disklok on mine, as well as always making sure that my girlfriend's Rover is parked behind mine.
Old 07 June 2008, 08:01 AM
Scoobyspanners
Scooby Regular

Good neighbor there mate, a lot of people turn a blind eye when they see something dodgy going on......... I would buy Him a drink to say thanks! Not uncommon for scum to check out a scooby though, I have spotted gimps checking out my car twice since I have owned it. The cars got 2 imoblisers (1 on the ignition and a diskloc) and is alarmed and has a tracker..........but it is a Green UK classic so not the most attractive target for theft!
Old 07 June 2008, 08:29 AM
pnbond007
Scooby Regular

My scoob sits in the back garden on a paved pad, I had a drive through garage built or modified which is very convenient, yes it may take a while to move the small amount of things to be able to drive the car through..however it's as safe as houses out the back....

It's a bit of a bind reversing it through with the small mirrors I have fitted but I get it through....
Old 07 June 2008, 10:06 AM
NorthDownsScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazza_howard
who were around my scooby with torches looking through the windows
Maybe they were just seeing if you had fitted boost gauges...?

Seriously though, lucky escape and an excellent neighbour !!
Old 07 June 2008, 10:49 AM
El Cat
Scooby Regular

park the mrs car behind mine so they gotta break into two if they wanna steal mine
plus the car is right under my bedroom window 15 feet away!
absolute numpties!
Old 07 June 2008, 11:07 AM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Lucky escape I would be buying the neighbour a few beers but ask him to wake you up next time they might have come back
I would be sleeping with a big bar/bat next to me incise they try it again

Shame its not like it is here in France you can use what ever force you like to stop burglars, CS gas, pepper spray stun guns batons all acceptable forms of self defence
And if they are actually in your home

But theft is almost zero around here
Old 07 June 2008, 11:10 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

when it comes to **** like this the arabs have the right idea by chopping off the ferkers right hands, that would make them twice about doing it again
Old 07 June 2008, 11:21 AM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

u guys should read the "stolen scooby" thread down in the security section, some nice ideas there. U can get sensor pads built in underneath ur drive way (this would only be an advantage if ur due to have ur driveway done!) which basically when set at night if anyone puts pressure on the driveway then an alarm sounds in the house. the spotlights are a good idea but doubt that will stop some people, it makes my stomach turn hearin bout all ur stories, havent had trouble with mine yet, just a few crackheads starin through window but they know what theyd get round here if they touch it so had nothin done yet

Ash
Old 07 June 2008, 11:22 AM
gazza_howard
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T1000
you could have a removable post installed into the concrete behind your car then park it tight against the garage so it can't be moved off. Also put a tracker on the car as well as something like a Disklok to deter thieves.

I have a disklok on mine, as well as always making sure that my girlfriend's Rover is parked behind mine.

It always has the disk lock on even on the drive at home, also got tracker, CAT 1 alarm and imobiliser. I always park the Mrs ZR behind it with disk lock on to just to make it more difficult.

Just been out and bought the neighbour a create of beer for his trouble, as people have said in the current climate I'm luck he didn't turn a blind eye you just don't know what this scum are carrying these days, also picked up that pick axe handle i'bve been meanig to buy for months whilst I was out.
Old 07 June 2008, 11:24 AM
gazza_howard
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobyspanners
..........but it is a Green UK classic so not the most attractive target for theft!

I wouldn't be so sure, mine a Bug eye and you wouldn't have thought that wold be attractive to theives.
Old 07 June 2008, 11:37 AM
mellinator
Scooby Regular

Lucky escape buddy!!
Defo a few beers for the guy next door!
I wasnt so lucky when the *******s stole my evo v from the center of town!!!
Imagine finishing up from work for a 3 week holiday to find your hard earned, blood sweat and tears joy missing from your space.

I also parked my scoob up outside my mates house in a lovely area of glasgow and some ****s had put a key to the metal from the headlight to the petrol cap...respray!!
Thought i had heard something when I went to bed about 3, and the thought strangley crossed my mind that somebody had scratched it........
It really pees me off that you just cant own a nice car without some lazy ******* on the dole getting jealous.
Old 07 June 2008, 12:36 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
when it comes to **** like this the arabs have the right idea by chopping off the ferkers right hands, that would make them twice about doing it again
They wouldn't need to think about it twice without hands they wouldn't be able to
Defiantly the way to go IMO