Sponsored by:

Autostart and Turbotimer

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2008, 10:12 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autostart and Turbotimer

Guy's just had Clifford Autostart fitted with built in Turbo-timer, Autostart is magic for getting your car warmed up before you start off from cold, I've got a Turbo-timer built what I can set before I remove the key, but only to a predetermined time, I've currently got it set at 90sec do you guys reckon this is long enough? I only drive my car hard 20% of the time.
Old 02 May 2008, 11:23 PM
ISLANDMAGEEZER!
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Personally mate turbo timers are only good for car thieves!! Unless your whoreing your car right up to your driveway then their not really required.Just take the last part of your drive a bit slower and you'll be fine IMPO that is Then again mate we all have our own likes and dislikes.
Old 03 May 2008, 01:45 AM
luckham
Scooby Regular

I'd set it to a minute but override it and switch it off after 10 seconds if you've been driving sedately for the last couple of miles.
Originally Posted by ISLANDMAGEEZER!
Personally mate turbo timers are only good for car thieves!! Unless your whoreing your car right up to your driveway then their not really required.Just take the last part of your drive a bit slower and you'll be fine IMPO that is Then again mate we all have our own likes and dislikes.
How is a turbo timer only good for car thieves?? If they try to drive off in it the steering lock will come on so they will only get to drive it in a straight line for about 30 seconds before the engine cuts!

Your right about them being a complete waste of time though [apart from the funny little tune that most of them play] as it's cheaper to just sit there and count to sixty if youv'e been caining it all the way to your driveway

Last edited by luckham; 03 May 2008 at 01:51 AM.
Old 03 May 2008, 04:14 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Turbo Timers must be the ultimate gadget for people with money to burn.

9 times out of 10 you will have slowed down for the last minute of your journey anyway, and the rest of the time you can just sit there and let it idle for a minute.

By the time you've got your belt off, put the stereo in the glove box and got out of the car a minute's probably passed anyway.
Old 03 May 2008, 09:45 AM
El Cat
Scooby Regular

to get to my house i have to drive about 0.5 mile thru my estate which is a 20 mph zone so 30 secs on the driveway is ample at the best of times for me
Old 03 May 2008, 09:50 AM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Speaking of turbo timers i was filling up the other day and a pillock in an evo rolls in and starts filling his car up with his engine running. It shut off when he was inside the shop paying. Obviously hasn't read the safety notices stuck up at every pump.

IMO they are a complete waste of money unless you are lacking in common sense and self control and therefore unable to take it easy for a mile or so off boost.

Nik.
Old 03 May 2008, 09:53 AM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I would imagine a lot of people are in the same situation ie 30mph limits or less leading to their respective door steps.
There will no doubt be the odd exception to this however.
Nik.

Originally Posted by El Cat
to get to my house i have to drive about 0.5 mile
thru my estate which is a 20 mph zone so 30 secs on the driveway is ample at the best of times for me
Old 03 May 2008, 05:46 PM
ImprezARex
Scooby Regular

To answer his question 60-90secs is fine and if you have driven the last few miles gently then overide it.
Old 03 May 2008, 09:26 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

The turbo timer was built into the Auto-start that I had fitted, Guys I have common sense and would risk my car to car thieves, hence thats why it would cut off and set the alarm off if any of the doors are opened and this would have to be fromthere deadlock position and also with a disclock fitted.
Thanks to you guys that gave me a positive input on this.