ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

My Mums Impreza!

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2001, 08:58 PM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I am currently typing this message through tear filled eyes as at the moment there is a sparkling Terzo outside my house. The reason I am so upset is because it is not mine it is my Mums! Whats even worse is that because I am not quite 21 the nasty insuance company will not let me play with it! The only bonus is my Mum loves cars and has wanted an Impreza for ages, she has only had it for about 5 days and has already changed the wheels for 17" PD7's in anthracite looks amazing by the way!(pics availible if anyone is interested) but so did the gold ones so she kept them as well!Maybe I can pursuade her to fit some slicks to them and do some track days! The real reason I have posted this was that the interior limited edition plaque is missing, but we would love to know if anyone knows how to find out the number of our car and who if anyone could supply a replacement plaque for a Terzo. Being new to the Subaru world any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as the dealers wern't that hopeful

Anyway looks like a few more years in my 106(providing it doesn't fall apart!) which isn't such a bad thing, even though its not in the same league as the Impreza(it is group N homologated though!) it is great fun to drive and comes highly recomended! so if anyone wants to do a swap?.....

Thanks,
a first time poster!
Old 08 January 2001, 09:11 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Sounds like your Mums pretty cool. As to your Terzo problem I'd say your first point of call is you local Subaru dealer which is probably Lavender Hill Garage on 020 8363 3456, they may well be able to help is you can give them the chasis number.

Where abouts in Herts are you ??

AllanB
Old 08 January 2001, 09:17 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

106, give me a call at work and I will do my best to help. (020 8363 3456) Hope you get a drive soon, and welcome aboard.

Allan - you well I hope, and happy new year.

David
Old 08 January 2001, 09:18 PM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Yeah my Mum is cool! A few years back she used to have a Pug 1.9 Gti which she got because she couldn't afford the insurance on a cossie! We live near Watford so I think our nearest Dealer is in Aylsbury?
Old 08 January 2001, 10:28 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Your nearest dealers are Adams in Aylesbury, Quenby In Baldock, and i cant remember the name, but they are in Milton Keynes !
Old 08 January 2001, 10:32 PM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Do you use any of these? Which one would you recomend?
Old 09 January 2001, 12:42 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Question

Not wishing to wee on your bonfire old bean but if it has no plaque, is it knicked?

It presumably didn't come from a dealer who would routinely have replaced the plaque, a "unique" selling point of these cars surely? I wouldn't buy one without it for sure.

Might have been a pointer to the previous history of the car too had your mum pursued the origin.
Old 09 January 2001, 03:21 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Barry
I say old sport, u are surely not implying some bounder may have stolen a Terzo!

What a nasty suspicious nature you have developed this year

If the cars "Knicked" it shouldn't have been licenced and registered to the new owner. If it's a misappropriated a Scooby why ring a limited edition? Increased likelihood of being spotted and all that buggering around with seats and stickers

If it had been nicked to match a logbook it would have the palque in place and if you can fudge a chassis number ditto for the plate.

Any doubts try IM, they were very helpful when I bought mine, faxed all the details requested within 24 hours. I also contacted the supplying dealer, paranoid maybe and yes I would be concerned that the palque was missing. Don't think a replacement will be available off the shelf, not the sort of item that gets damaged or worn.

Hope someones just retained it as souvenir of happy ownership.