Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GRRR WHITE VAN SMASHED INTO BACK OF MY SCOOBY LAST NIGHT!

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2008, 12:44 PM
m1bud
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry GRRR WHITE VAN SMASHED INTO BACK OF MY SCOOBY LAST NIGHT!

As your driving down a country lane in 30 mile an hour traffic heading toward a 60 no limits with wind blowing in the hair (if I have much left). I have had to brake to a stop to let two cars turn right on to another road and without any notice at all a rust bucket 100 quid VW caddy van pickup hits you in the back at 30-36 mph!

To make matters worse, he calls his mate up coz he thought I was going to hurt him!

Insurance company took 2 hours this morning to get through! My god 18 year old drivers should be banned, he didnt even brake just accelerated, work that out??????????????????

This happened last night at 1745 nice sunlight, no rain - the guy was day dreaming or what???

Pic will be on profile in 10 minutes!!!

I was thinking Tower of London for punishment any ideas?
Old 18 April 2008, 12:54 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sorry to hear that he was probably high! and away with the fairies, looks like you got off light and only a new bumper required? i would suggest 100 lashes with a cat of nine tails along with a lenthy stay in a rat infested dungoen oh edit due to moment of inspairation ,also hang him upside down in shackels, like the old guy in life of brian..

Last edited by ditchmyster; 18 April 2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 18 April 2008, 12:55 PM
m1bud
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by m1bud
As your driving down a country lane in 30 mile an hour traffic heading toward a 60 no limits with wind blowing in the hair (if I have much left). I have had to brake to a stop to let two cars turn right on to another road and without any notice at all a rust bucket 100 quid VW caddy van pickup hits you in the back at 30-36 mph!

To make matters worse, he calls his mate up coz he thought I was going to hurt him!

Insurance company took 2 hours this morning to get through! My god 18 year old drivers should be banned, he didnt even brake just accelerated, work that out??????????????????

This happened last night at 1745 nice sunlight, no rain - the guy was day dreaming or what???

Pic will be on profile in 10 minutes!!!

I was thinking Tower of London for punishment any ideas?
Does anyone have any ideas of a good Body Shop North London Area I could point the insurance company too?

Cheers
Old 18 April 2008, 01:01 PM
m1bud
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
sorry to hear that he was probably high! and away with the fairies, looks like you got off light and only a new bumper required? i would suggest 100 lashes with a cat of nine tails along with a lenthy stay in a rat infested dungoen
Hey Cheers,
Well its moved the exhaust underneath and no signs of it being bent although its come off its hinges that hold it up, (so an inch from the floor) The spare tyre (metal part of the frame) is all bent back inwards, new bumper needed and slight scratches to the the rear boot lid. The rear lights have moved out of place and just the general nuisance of it all. The rear boot also no longer opens.

The only good thing is I am waiting to hear back regarding the repair but need to know if anyone knows of a good garage for Subaru repairs?

Just my luck, but at least no one was killed.

Ash
Old 18 April 2008, 01:56 PM
Drift_King
Scooby Regular

Just viewed your Scooby and your rear spoiler looks to be standard but with 'raisers' to lift it. I have seen some carbon fibre ones on Revolution but I don't like C.Fibre stuff on a car as it looks tacky IMO. Just wondering if you did that mod and what the place where you got them was called?

PS. Sorry to hear about the accident.
Old 18 April 2008, 02:45 PM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Doesnt look too bad mate.

Hope its all sorted soon.
Old 18 April 2008, 03:15 PM
L3OUDGIRL
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that hope you get it sorted soon
Old 18 April 2008, 05:25 PM
Scoobyspanners
Scooby Regular

I have been in Two rear end collisions (but not in the Scooby, thank god!). First one was 3 Days after I got a Mint condition Mk 1 Cavalier and a stupid Woman ran into the back of the car whilst I was waiting in a line of cars.Got out of Her car crying and sail sorry I could not stop!.The next one was at a roundabout, an old geezer (looked 90 Year old) in a Plastic pig rammed the rear on my Opel Manta GTE, told me he was looking at a car in the other lane on the Roundabout! So long as the other driver is insured you should be OK, no defense for running into the rear of another car............
Old 18 April 2008, 06:11 PM
RB#5183
Scooby Regular

you could try DWS bodyworks, thinks its in Collindale, Mate of mine works there as a panel beater, most of them that work there are car nuts, so appreciate japenese supercars,
Old 18 April 2008, 06:20 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Not really sure what this thread is about, but all white van men are *****!

Cheers!
Old 18 April 2008, 07:48 PM
m1bud
Scooby Newbie

Talking Thanks guys

Thanks for all your replys. DWS bodyworks looks good? I bought the car like this and have done nothing major as in mods just yet but planning on a few changes soon.

Be back soon with photo's of the repairs :_) I have arranged collection of the car but thanks to the chappy who mentioned this other place its just down the road from me. Fantastic!"
Old 18 April 2008, 07:58 PM
pitcha44
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by m1bud
without any notice at all a rust bucket 100 quid VW caddy van pickup hits you in the back at 30-36 mph!
must have only been doin 20mph or so to do little damage