Sponsored by:

Why do they even bother..

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2008, 02:14 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do they even bother..

Was out earlier feeding the beasts habit (damn thing snorts Shell V-Power daily!) and what is becoming a common theme.. my little girl is nearly 2 but she is smart enough to recognise the scooby keys in my hand, 2 minutes later and both my little girl and my 5 year old boy are holding their coats, gloves and wooly hats (add another 10 minutes to my journey as I spend 5 minutes warming up the car an another 5 minutes bolting in the kiddie seats into the car).

After filling up and spending a few minutes chasing my kids round the shell shop we get in the car and start up, about to pull out and some complete numpty of a "amagawd I got teh licenz l33t" emo kid with his polo pulls out very deliberately in front of me (obviously had a testosterone high in front of his play school friends).

I ignored him, so he moves off slowly (give him credit, or rather his old mans as the polo was tastefully done in an euro look with pram size wheels and far too low for it's own good).

As we pull out he starts baiting me, slows down in front of me and then as we get to the dual carriage way moves erratically into the right lane and then left as he see's me trying to overtake the **** and get clear.

With my kids in the car and the bad weather I make a point of never pushing the car.. Thankfully the easter bunny was on my side, I move into the right lane and build up some speed, get a few cars in length of him and start to coast, what this **** hadn't realised was the police car parked up.. poor chap screams past me with his car bouncing around and then I laugh my head off as the police lights flicker.

I made a point of driving very slowly past and saluting him with the Fonzerelly 5 finger wave

It's these kind of idiots that you eventually read about in the paper.. car in ditch etc
Old 24 March 2008, 02:42 AM
abbott
Scooby Regular

LOL fair play to you buddy , i know where your coming from too i used to HATE taking the kids out in my scooby fot the exact reason of "knobends" trying there luck in severely underpowered cars , even the kids on board thingy never did the trick , good to see one getting busted though !
Old 24 March 2008, 08:38 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Lol, it's sods law that I only ever get someone try it on when the kids are in the car with a boot full of shopping and pushchairs..

I can go out for 'a solo drive' on a quite Sunday morning or late evening and never get any bother..

Typical..
Old 24 March 2008, 08:48 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

Recently here it has been the other way round, I've had dads in "armoured" people carriers fully loaded with their go faster kids strapped in driving like numpties.
Old 24 March 2008, 08:55 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Nice one Moff...

There's a special form of road-rage set aside for these saddo's in their febble-carriers...

"Mine" wanted a race round a motorway roundabout (?)
fitted with traffic lights

I mean a turbo'd kiddy-sledge may be quick.... but handle, NAH !

DunxC
Old 24 March 2008, 09:03 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

I generally back off when i see kids in the back and they are starting to really push their limits.
Old 24 March 2008, 09:25 PM
scooby_will
Scooby Regular

lol glad he got what he deserved (man in polo), i think its some what of a past time for those in a lesser vehicle to try there luck with those of us with impreza's, or any other performance cars for that matter. I dont have kids yet being one myself (21) so dont have that problems but do have the problem of a g/f whom is scared of fast driving.
Old 24 March 2008, 09:33 PM
TimmyboyWRX
Scooby Regular

used to get this all the time when i had the scoob ( not so much now in the VRS lol)

worst time was pulling away from some traffic lights ( 3 lanes narrow into 2) i was in middle, guy in fiesta was in the right lane ( the one that merges into mine) hes revving it up, bouncing on the clutch, floors it when lights change and nearly drives right into the side of me as he tries to avoid the bollard in his way.

just dangerous jealousy i think
Old 24 March 2008, 09:34 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

No kids and a missus that loves cars - scoobs and Astons in particular - so driving with a "bit" of oomph is always appreciated.
Old 25 March 2008, 12:09 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I've had irresponsible father with kids in back and misses in front trying to bait me into racing off lights before.... I wasn't interested in racing his old Merc, but even if I was, he made sure he'd "win" by jumping when they turned red/amber. So congrats.. not only looked like an idiot.. but a cheating coward as well.

Having Children/being married is no longer a sign of responsibility.
Old 25 March 2008, 12:15 AM
scooby_will
Scooby Regular

sometimes its funny with my missus, she will sit there look at them and say to me smoke umm babes to which i let the lights change wait see what they do if they take off i show them a lesson, dont mess with youngster with knowledge of how to control a powerful car, most of time its the usual saxo, fiesta, corsa etc etc but as of late have had an evo 7 or 8 keep baiting me which i dont bother as with my current 250hp i dont stand much of a chance, my old man used to shock people in his v70 t5, looked nothin on outside apart from different alloys and an exhaust system which just looked like a tip on the end, all this changed when he put his foot down and they realised it was a bit faster than the regular 225hp (was dyno'd at 440 lol )