Sponsored by:

Hawkeye Sti PPP

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2008, 11:29 AM
mollymai
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye Sti PPP

Apologies if this has been done to death but I'm trying to be more specific. Anyone with the above spec, what do you get out of a full tank normal driving ie not in town or on a motorway. Also what is the range of the reserve tank which presumably you are into when the yellow pump comes on?
Thanks.
Old 22 February 2008, 03:31 PM
fattb
Scooby Regular

I get around 160 miles per 3/4 (£36-£40) of a tank normal driving mix don't tend let the light come on tbh as that could mean 300yds in a scoob

It really does vary as you can wipe out 1/4 of a tank in no time at all if you are in the mood

I think the 2.5 is around the same economy give or take a few mpg, if mpg something that would affect your purchase then an Scoobmay not be for you.

Me i do 20k a year in mine and love it
Old 22 February 2008, 03:39 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Expect to hand over a £50 note every 200 miles. Before you buy one try this. Over the next month make a note of how many miles you are doing and how much petrol you have put in your current car. Then at the end of the month work out how much extra it would have cost to run the STI and physically remove that money from your bank account. Then look at what is left. It is also highly likely that your Hawkeye will cost £300 to tax and more to insure than your current steed so work out the monthly cost of that too and take that money out of your account. Now think about how much disposable income you will have left. It sucks. Your car has to be a massive part of your life to justify the cost. Hope that helps.
Old 22 February 2008, 04:06 PM
alpha charlie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blueblaster
Expect to hand over a £50 note every 200 miles. Before you buy one try this. Over the next month make a note of how many miles you are doing and how much petrol you have put in your current car. Then at the end of the month work out how much extra it would have cost to run the STI and physically remove that money from your bank account. Then look at what is left. It is also highly likely that your Hawkeye will cost £300 to tax and more to insure than your current steed so work out the monthly cost of that too and take that money out of your account. Now think about how much disposable income you will have left. It sucks. Your car has to be a massive part of your life to justify the cost. Hope that helps.
Thats sensible matey!!

I wanted an Impreza for years but my head overruled my heart until last year when at 33yo and mortgage free the STI became my cash drain!!
Cheers
AC

PS: 200 miles in my 2.0 cost me over £50 yesterday
Old 22 February 2008, 04:06 PM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mollymai
Also what is the range of the reserve tank which presumably you are into when the yellow pump comes on?
I don't think there is a 'reserve tank' but I reckon on about 15 miles once the light comes on - I have gone further but it gets a little worrying and you just know when you run out it will be at the most inconvenient time and place............
Old 22 February 2008, 04:36 PM
mollymai
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fattb
I get around 160 miles per 3/4 (£36-£40) of a tank normal driving mix don't tend let the light come on tbh as that could mean 300yds in a scoob

It really does vary as you can wipe out 1/4 of a tank in no time at all if you are in the mood

I think the 2.5 is around the same economy give or take a few mpg, if mpg something that would affect your purchase then an Scoobmay not be for you.

Me i do 20k a year in mine and love it
Perhaps a little misunderstanding there as I already own one. I only do about 8000 miles a year and cars are my only vice so I already no the cost retraints particulalry the tax. I also sold my previous impreza for an Exige which was great but crap around where I live so have gone back to my favourite car but thought I would treat myself with the PPP and toned it down with a set of silver prodrive wheels. The reason for asking was my previous car didn't have PPP and the figures suggest a slightly better return just wondered what everyone was getting. Also it's been 5 months since my last one and I couldn't remember how many miles I was getting.

Thanks anyway.
Old 22 February 2008, 04:41 PM
lunar tick
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Suprising that people only seem to be getting around 200 miles per tank. I've got a 400+bhp 03STI and I can easily get 250 per tank or even more if I'm gentle with the right foot (that's the hard bit I guess!)
Old 22 February 2008, 04:45 PM
fattb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mollymai
Perhaps a little misunderstanding there as I already own one. I only do about 8000 miles a year and cars are my only vice so I already no the cost retraints particulalry the tax. I also sold my previous impreza for an Exige which was great but crap around where I live so have gone back to my favourite car but thought I would treat myself with the PPP and toned it down with a set of silver prodrive wheels. The reason for asking was my previous car didn't have PPP and the figures suggest a slightly better return just wondered what everyone was getting. Also it's been 5 months since my last one and I couldn't remember how many miles I was getting.

Thanks anyway.
Ah i see cool, get a regular STi then get it mapped if your not worried about warranty, I got mine done by Bob Rawle on the weekend and he told me when taking it easy the economy would be better, what he didn't say was i wouldn't want to take it easy
Old 22 February 2008, 04:46 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am running 335/375 and getting easily 250+ miles !
Old 22 February 2008, 04:50 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lunar tick
Suprising that people only seem to be getting around 200 miles per tank. I've got a 400+bhp 03STI and I can easily get 250 per tank or even more if I'm gentle with the right foot (that's the hard bit I guess!)
How long is your average journey and on what sort of roads? Short town trips totally kill the economy regardless of how careful you are.

As for PPP, I don't know but I bet is makes bugger all difference in the grand scheme of things.

Just to add I get well over 600 miles for 50 quid of lovely diesel .
Old 22 February 2008, 04:56 PM
mollymai
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blueblaster
How long is your average journey and on what sort of roads? Short town trips totally kill the economy regardless of how careful you are.

As for PPP, I don't know but I bet is makes bugger all difference in the grand scheme of things.

Just to add I get well over 600 miles for 50 quid of lovely diesel .
Yeah the family car (company car) is a golf diesel so that does 600 miles to a tank all paid for by the company so it leaves me to burn fuel in mine - its like having the devil and the angel on your shoulder but one compensates the other.
Old 22 February 2008, 06:15 PM
Joggerboy
Scooby Regular

Since having the PPP fitted to my 06 Hawk the fuel economy is so much better, obviously depending how you drive it that is..

Have managed 250 on a full tank, but struggled to get 200 before.

Better car and better fuel economy - no brainer!

Now how many miles do I need to do before it pays for itself?
Old 22 February 2008, 06:24 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joggerboy
Since having the PPP fitted to my 06 Hawk the fuel economy is so much better, obviously depending how you drive it that is..

Have managed 250 on a full tank, but struggled to get 200 before.

Better car and better fuel economy - no brainer!

Now how many miles do I need to do before it pays for itself?
15mpg !!!! On a 30 mile round trip to recharge the battery of a weekend, on boost and cruisin' I get minimum 21mpg !
Old 24 February 2008, 04:12 PM
RonnieB
Scooby Regular

I get 300 per tank (on average), Hawkeye STI Type UK PPP.

In fact drove it relatively steady this weekend and got 320 before I filled up (gauge was somewhat low though ).

Mostly "normal" driving but do like some right foot action now and again (especially when some d**k in a Citroen Saxo thinks a big exhaust and a 1.3 engine is a match for a Scoob ).

Old 24 February 2008, 05:35 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Shell Optimax = 240 miles/tank
Esso Superunleaded = 280 miles/tank
Shell or Esso Unleaded (I know) = 295 miles/tank

i.e the better petrol actually noticeably takes you less miles, although you can feel the extra power and torque.

Reserve i have done regularly (cause petrol stations with super are further away) - 45 miles with a very light foot. Think that is as far as is safe, starts coughing if you give it more than a light foot.
Old 24 February 2008, 06:10 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fattb
No harm at all in fuelling early, although the tank has 9 litres left in it when your low fuel light comes on (note it's a 60 litre tank), according to the manual.

I fuel up as soon as the light goes on, or when the guage get's to the "empty" line.
Old 27 February 2008, 01:28 PM
nraponi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get 220-240 for round town/short trips driving, and 280-300 for motorway trips.
Old 27 February 2008, 04:39 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lunar tick
I'm the same as you. I return 250-275 miles per tank (50L). Week in, week out.

OK, i once cleared a 1/4 tank in 10 miles on my private super special stage.
Old 27 February 2008, 05:31 PM
lunar tick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
I once cleared a 1/4 tank in 10 miles on my private super special stage.
Old 27 February 2008, 05:35 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

That was at 330bhp too. Haven't had the weather/got the *****/talent to try it in it's current state of tune.
Old 27 February 2008, 05:55 PM
lunar tick
Scooby Regular

Yeah - I know the feeling. The road runs out very quickly at 420bhp