Sponsored by:

done for speeding b/////ds

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2008, 09:42 PM
sti 360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default done for speeding b/////ds

ive been caught doing 36 mph going uphill on a duel carrige ,the speed limit is 30 and there sneeky as they do it right at the top or right at the bottom,
can see for miles and on a every day you get people up your *** all the time if you do the 30mph what a lot of pants or what
and they want me to goto the naughty boy school for doing 6 mph over the limit up a hill, come on what a rip off my aswell bash me on my head as i come out the bank
Old 21 February 2008, 09:51 PM
leigh4x4
Scooby Regular

Angry

sneaky bstards!
Old 21 February 2008, 10:57 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you go out and vandalise a speed camera - that'll teach 'em!
Old 21 February 2008, 11:13 PM
Get A Grip
Scooby Regular

Stick to the speed limit and you wont have to whinge like a girl for being caught. 36 is more than 30 - you're nicked.

At your speed, you've probably covered another 25 feet before your car comes to a standstill than at 30. Try explaining that when you've just killed someone.

Get a Grip says "Get a Grip"
Old 22 February 2008, 06:47 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contest it, they may roll over as it's not 10mph over the limit. Yeah I know that can be a right bunch of wa**ers sometimes. Ask for a photograph of the car for you to *cough* identify tge driver etc etc. Good luck
Old 22 February 2008, 08:37 AM
satancom
Scooby Regular

You speed and you get caught? I don't see the problem?

If you were doing 30, the numpty behind you on the dual would have overtaken you no doubt and he would get booked! Simple really!

If you speed then fine, most people do to some degree.. but don't complain when you get caught.. You were doind 20% over the limit! apply that to motorway speeds and your near 85mph.
Old 22 February 2008, 08:41 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

wtf is a duel carageway doing with a 30 limit?
Old 22 February 2008, 09:09 AM
Mew
Scooby Regular

this is just outrageous really... i mean 36mph lol my friend got caught at 130 on motorway 18mths ago and they introduced that straight ban thing at 100mph lol

he went court and he just told his case, said sry and he just got points and fine but no ban...... 130lol

im afraid to say guys that the days of driving fast are gone too many ppl cant drive and get in the way and course accidents or too many "think" that they can drive at 150mph where they cant and they crash....

sry m8 i sympathize with u i think 36 is bull, but then i dont call the shots
Old 22 February 2008, 09:21 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

If you've got done for 36 chances are your speedo was showing at least 40 and if you know they are there a lot its a bit daft speeding whether people are right up yer backside or not.

Still, seems a bit of a money making job to me. Wonder if it really is an accident blackspot - that could be a way out of it.

Good luck

5t.
Old 22 February 2008, 09:27 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Personally I don't think theres any excuse for speeding in a 30 really... in my sliding scale of how naughty it is to speed in increasing speed limits
Old 22 February 2008, 09:50 AM
fraser87uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by satancom

If you were doing 30, the numpty behind you on the dual would have overtaken you no doubt and he would get booked! Simple really!

If you speed then fine, most people do to some degree.. but don't complain when you get caught.. You were doind 20% over the limit! apply that to motorway speeds and your near 85mph.
Oh come on! 85mph? Yeah cause everyone and there gran doesnt go that fast. Geez....

The speed limits in this country are a joke. Lets be fair. You can cycle faster than 36mph. Bet they wouldnt book them.

Sorry to hear you got 'caught'. But it realy was an excessive speed you were doing. You could have killedsome insects on your car at that speed.
Old 22 February 2008, 10:08 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by satancom

And!

What is wrong with 85 on a motorway? The majority of traffic flows quite nicley at that speed. Exceeding the speed limit is not dangerous or irresponsible as long as you are concentrating fully on the task. Now inappropriate speeding, that is a different matter.

This government has tried endlessly to portray speeding as the only cause to accidents, when its is known for a fact that it is only a major factor in 7% of accidents. Poor driving standards, uninsured drivers and poor vehicle maintainance are a greater cause for worry.

Andy
Old 22 February 2008, 10:22 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

What's the issue here guys?

Being caught speeding or inappropriate speed limit (there MUST be a reason why a D/C is a 30, schools around? old peoples home? hospital or clinic etc.?)

I do agree that there are bad speed limits around (70 on a reasonably clear motorway is a joke) and that's fine and dandy to moan about, just direct your moans towards getting the limits changed.

Moaning about getting caught breaking the law (whatever that law is) is pointless. We know the limit and we take the risks. I do sympathise but you have to take it on the chin and keep eyes more open etc. Don't let the B*s get you down
Old 22 February 2008, 10:28 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

I do sympathise but you have to take it on the chin and keep eyes more open etc.
You dont have to take it though, fight the allegation all the way to court. If we all exercised our right to have the case heard in the magistrates, then the system would grind to a halt. The government would then have to think again about this failed poilcy.
Old 22 February 2008, 10:31 AM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

for some decent advise beyond some of the knee jerks above (what has not being 10mph above the limit got to do with anything at all?), try going to PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice and go on the forums...

Simon
Old 22 February 2008, 10:50 AM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

The thing is speeding in a 30 is looked upon more harshly, rightly so generally with schools etc etc. I cant see many people getting away with speeding in the lower speed zones.
Old 22 February 2008, 11:34 AM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy97
And!

What is wrong with 85 on a motorway? The majority of traffic flows quite nicley at that speed. Exceeding the speed limit is not dangerous or irresponsible as long as you are concentrating fully on the task. Now inappropriate speeding, that is a different matter.

This government has tried endlessly to portray speeding as the only cause to accidents, when its is known for a fact that it is only a major factor in 7% of accidents. Poor driving standards, uninsured drivers and poor vehicle maintainance are a greater cause for worry.

Andy
I never said I agreed with the speed limits... but thats not the point. The point is that theres a limit, and the OP broke it.. Saying you shouldn't be done at 85mph is like saying a thief shouldn't be done as he only stole £50...

If you steal anything the police can do you...

If you speed by 1mph the police can do you..

So you should be alowed to do 35mph in a 30? why not 40mph its only another 5mph more.. where does it end.. Oh I know AT THE POSTED LIMIT!
Old 22 February 2008, 12:11 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Originally Posted by fraser87uk
You can cycle faster than 36mph. Bet they wouldnt book them.
Not up the hill in question though
Old 22 February 2008, 12:32 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay m A
Not up the hill in question though
If they did they would deserve a medal not a ticket
Old 22 February 2008, 12:46 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

You won't see many schools on a dual carraigeway though! 30mph limits in silly places really winds me up especially if the Police regularly enforce the speed limit money spinner methinks.

I got caught recently albeit that it seems to have gone quite 55mph in a 30mph limit (overtaking someone doing 30 ) where road was a DC with no exits, schools, old peoples homes etc. Again there seems no logic to it being a 30 limit IMHO.

TX.

Originally Posted by moff1888
The thing is speeding in a 30 is looked upon more harshly, rightly so generally with schools etc etc.

Last edited by Terminator X; 22 February 2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added a bit
Old 22 February 2008, 12:54 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
You won't see many schools on a dual carraigeway though! 30mph limits in silly places really winds me up especially if the Police regularly enforce the speed limit money spinner methinks.

I got caught recently albeit that it seems to have gone quite 55mph in a 30mph limit (overtaking someone doing 30 ) where road was a DC with no exits, schools, old peoples homes etc. Again there seems no logic to it being a 30 limit IMHO.

TX.
Ok granted the 30mph limit there seems daft but at the end of the day it is a 30 zone and is more harshly enforced irrespective of schools etc.

I agree completely with the fact that it's easy targets but surely knowing this you wouldnt go over 30.
Old 22 February 2008, 01:38 PM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

Very little speed enforcement is by the Police, most is by the 'safety camera partnerships' anyway...and there business model was set up as profit making!

Simon
Old 22 February 2008, 01:42 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

The fact that 30mph is annoying is as much down to the car you drive as anything else. 30mph uphill in a Scoob probably leaves you in no-mans land between 3rd and 4th gear. Stick with 4th and it's struggling, change to 3rd and it wants to accelerate. Either way it isn't a comfortable speed for any performance car. If you were driving something more run-of-the-mill you could just sit there and potter along quite happily.
Old 22 February 2008, 01:58 PM
mollymai
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blueblaster
The fact that 30mph is annoying is as much down to the car you drive as anything else. 30mph uphill in a Scoob probably leaves you in no-mans land between 3rd and 4th gear. Stick with 4th and it's struggling, change to 3rd and it wants to accelerate. Either way it isn't a comfortable speed for any performance car. If you were driving something more run-of-the-mill you could just sit there and potter along quite happily.
Maybe we should have a 'Performance Car' lane on all roads
Old 22 February 2008, 02:02 PM
DB07P1
Scooby Regular

we may aswell all buy peel p50's with a maximum speed of around 36 mph haha
Old 22 February 2008, 02:08 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DB07P1
I bet a lot of people would be staggered at how much money they would save if they did. Might not have quite the same clout in pub bragging competitions.
Old 22 February 2008, 02:11 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DB07P1
That would give us possibly the slowest drag race known to man
Old 22 February 2008, 03:10 PM
sti 360
Scooby Regular

no school ,golf course on the right, house high up out the way ,and have just found out that it was the misses driving so its not so bad
Old 22 February 2008, 05:13 PM
AC-scoobie
Scooby Regular

36MPH? What sort of speed is that, are you gay or something, if you are going to get caught speeding to it properly you wuss.
Old 22 February 2008, 05:55 PM
noobyscooby
Scooby Regular

Sad but now I stick rigidly to all 20/20/40/50 and 60 limits and I don't care how close you get up my rear end, I won't go any faster - I just increase the distance between me and the vehicle in front.

Now when I want a little run out, I drive the road first to check it out and have a blast on the way back but at the hint of anything funny - car behind catching up fast, car with more aerials, two internal mirrors, etc - stand on the anchors very very hard until 10 mph below the limit again.

Motorways - 77 mph on the Origin B2 keeps me out of trouble [80-82 indicated on speedo depending on the car I'm using].

Its 25 years since I collected a ticket and I see 1:30 on the clock regularly with up to 1:50 occasionally [in Germany of course!].

Quick Reply: done for speeding b/////ds