Sponsored by:

Anyone knows any good alarm fitters need one supplyed and fitted for my wagon

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2008, 12:04 PM
justdragons
Scooby Regular

Location: put my v8 landrover aside lets play with the scooby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone knows any good alarm fitters need one supplyed and fitted for my wagon

I need an alarm supplyed and fitted to my 96 turbo wagon,think its only got an imobiliser.
Would like a decent alarm fitted with no expence spared,anyone know any good companys???
Old 15 February 2008, 02:03 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

A location would be handy,i have a local guy to me that did mine,but no good if you are a couple of hundrd miles away really..........
Old 15 February 2008, 02:42 PM
Neilg7777
Scooby Regular

If there is no expence spared i would get the clifford one (dont no the version) which has the turbo timer built in.

Do a search on turbo timers and alarms think it tells you there

Neil
Old 15 February 2008, 06:48 PM
justdragons
Scooby Regular

Location: put my v8 landrover aside lets play with the scooby

Thanks,im based in essex,would like one with the window closure
Old 15 February 2008, 07:13 PM
postie90
Scooby Regular

clifford is yr best bet i think mate....
Old 15 February 2008, 07:24 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

cliffords are quite expensive for what you get id look at toad a bit cheaper and very reliable with a life time warranty one thing to bear in mind about window closers is that regardless of weather your windows are up or down they still energise the window motors which on some cars is not a good thing!and would add about £120 to the cost of the alarm..cat one is also the only way to go.and as a good rule of thumb look for a vsib approved installer.the less gimics the better really after all you want to protect your car not have it dance the tango when you press the remote gadgets = more things to go wrong.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 15 February 2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 15 February 2008, 10:41 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant really help with the fitting company as im a million miles away but i wouldn't recommend a mobile company if you are wanting a decent alarm system.I say that because to do the alarm and your car justice,it will probably take more than a days work to fit everything.
As recommended,a Clifford concept alarm sytem should tick all the boxes for you.I've got a concept 600 which is a few years old.I've had it transferred from my old to my current car by the original company and have had no issues at all.
As mentioned,most if not all of the cat 1 systems have a lifetime guarantee,but in my case,i have it VSIB serviced once a year to keep the guarantee going.This will cost about £40 a year,but its a good time to fine tune the alarm and change the blackjax code if your worried about people knowing your code.There is a valet mode available but sometimes you have to pass on the code if your car is having long term work done...
The concept system has total closure,proximity sensor-voice or chirp,Blackjax anti hi-jack(worth the price alone),remote fuel cut,anti tilt and loads of other standard features including turbo timer.It is programmable by a supplied fob,but this can be a pain!
I might sound biased,but I dont work for Clifford!But i would recommend them to anyone.Hope this helps